laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

Thoughts on Clippers/Thunder game 2....

As big of a Clippers fan as I am I don't see Thunder dropping 2 at home......what are early thoughts and leans for this game?

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game is an exact reverse to our game 2 at home versus GS. It's a complete freeroll for us and life or death for them. Also if we factor in the beat down we gave them an early lead could really take some air out of their normally fanatical crowd. I think we lose (clip fan ) but we are playing with house money and if we get close to what we got last game or replicate GS 2nd half game 7 we could really drove a stake in these guys.

Your also a Clip fan I see

laclippers504

Good comparison. I was even going to compare it to game 6 in Golden State. I'm with you.....I see us winning the series but not this game. Have you been to any of the playoff games?

James D

It really feelings like GS game two only we are on the good this time. Yes I have been to all the home games. Have you had a chance to go yet?

laclippers504

Haven't had the chance to get to one. Maybe on Sunday. Do you have season seats?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

zig zag

James D

Yes i have seasons

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I am likely on the Clips and the points. There were a lot of things that I saw in Game 1 that didn't scream out 'one-time thing'. I was on the Clips in Game 1 for those reasons and they bore out. Now, don't get me wrong, OKC has a good team or maybe even a great team, but with Jordan doing what he does I think the Clips surprise here and at the VERY least make it a close game.

The old 'they cant do it twice' argument is not enough to take me off the better team.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Go ask joey you dumfuk

James D

What did you see that was unique? I see every clip game and the Clips just shot too good from the field, it was a simple formula.
    Paul hit his first 8 three pointers, had 32 points on 14 shots without a single free throw. Playing only 28 minutes. They shot 55% from the field and 15-29 from 3 pt range. That includes a 4th quarter when they only scored 18 points as no starters played a single minute. Just entering the 4th quarter and were up 104-78. Going into 4th the stats were mind blowing and they just coasted.

They won't come close to repeating that effort but they don't need to. 2/3 that effort wins them the game and puts a stranglehold on the series.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

Hard to predict OKC these days. They're obviously struggling, and are not the team they used to be. I'd be very surprised to see them come out flat again, as this is a do-or-die game. Books expect OKC to bounce back as they are dangling the same gm1 line.

I'd lean OKC in gm2, but Clipps are winning this series. Unlike the Thunder who play a handful of washed up NBA vets, the Clipps are solid from starters to the last guy in the rotation.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thunder defense is very weak. That's what I got from game 1. Hell grizzles were not a good offensive team and the thunder let them Han around most of that series really until the last game. I'm sure Paul won't repeat that performance but the clippers have multiple threats unlike the thunder who really only have very lethal players.

James D

It is true the clips Have a handful of guys that you never get surprised if they have a huge scoring game. Many teams it's two or three guys, four tops

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Yes i have seasons
    I wish I still had um but they kept hiking the prices and I didn't renew. Had them since 01 and the strike shortened year was my last year.

laclippers504

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Go ask joey you dumfuk
    ha ha ha....did somebody wake up grouchy today?

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Clips by 12 .... from inside the paint to outside the 3 ,the Clips are better ,stronger , faster with the better bench ...The Clips should dominate down low and control the pace .... take the points

James D

Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    I wish I still had um but they kept hiking the prices and I didn't renew. Had them since 01 and the strike shortened year was my last year.
    Wow 2011 was when we finally came alive. I can't believe you gave seats up in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Clips by 12 .... from inside the paint to outside the 3 ,the Clips are better ,stronger , faster with the better bench ...The Clips should dominate down low and control the pace .... take the points
    Lets not get carried away after one game. We were a 2-1 dog before the series . I would argue Westbrook by himself is faster then our entire team. We didn't control the pace last game, we just hit 60%+ through three quarters and coasted to a win. The pace was as much OKC as it was LAC but we just didn't miss

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

must win for OKC their not dropping 2 straight at home

laclippers504

[QUOTE=James D;21803177]Wow 2011 was when we finally came alive. I can't believe you gave seats up in 2011.

15 grand was too much for me. But it was tough. I still go quite a bit just not a season ticket holder ; (

Remember the good old days with the roof top dessert parties and Ricky Davis meet an greets where he was always high lol. We sucked but I Def have some memories.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

OKC wins tomorrow but I still feel like LA wins the series.

Clippers are good.

My Thunder aren't as good as they were with Harden two years ago and aren't as good as they were last year before Westbrooks injury.

When Tabo and Perkin are in he floor it's like playing 2.5 on 5 which results in little ball movement and some forced shots.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    OKC wins tomorrow but I still feel like LA wins the series.

Clippers are good.

My Thunder aren't as good as they were with Harden two years ago and aren't as good as they were last year before Westbrooks injury.

When Tabo and Perkin are in he floor it's like playing 2.5 on 5 which results in little ball movement and some forced shots.
    Of course they aren't as good. OKC basically gave up a top 10 player for absolutely nothing. Blame it on the owner, he is too tight with his money to ever go after a championship and pay the luxury tax.

As I watch every OKC game, I wonder what Brooks sees in Perkins, Fisher and Sefelosha. And what does he have against Lamb. Lamb looked like he was going to emerge as the firepower off the bench during the regular season.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Love the Thunder in game 2.. Clippers aren't gonna shoot that good again, and OKC ain't gonna play that poor.. KD just won MVP and he will come out stronger in this next showing...

James D

The perception if this series changed so dramatically with that one crushing in a game that looked like a really tough spot for LAC. One day rest travel to OKC to win like that was a shock. I agree harden departure was a huge loss. He was not position wise a perfect compliment to Westbrook Durant but he is a great scorer and three scoring machines on a team is tough to defend.

James D

[QUOTE=laclippers504;21803409]
    Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    Wow 2011 was when we finally came alive. I can't believe you gave seats up in 2011.

15 grand was too much for me. But it was tough. I still go quite a bit just not a season ticket holder ; (

Remember the good old days with the roof top dessert parties and Ricky Davis meet an greets where he was always high lol. We sucked but I Def have some memories.
    I remember those days and many more. Been a clipper fan and season ticket holder 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Love the Thunder in game 2.. Clippers aren't gonna shoot that good again, and OKC ain't gonna play that poor.. KD just won MVP and he will come out stronger in this next showing...
    I agree they can't shoot like that again but blake /deandre did little and they cruised. This game is a free roll for clips and anything can happen . Clips have tons of scoring options and if 2 or 3 guys get hot they are a tough team to handle
    Last edited by James D; 05-06-14 at 08:46 PM.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'm hoping OKC wins tomorrow so I can hammer Clipps for series.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

[QUOTE=James D;21803695]
    Quote Originally Posted by laclippers504 View Post
    I agree they can't shoot like that again but blake /deandre did little and they cruised. This game is a free roll for clips and anything can happen . Clips have tons of scoring options and if 2 or 3 guys get hot they are a tough team to handle
    I just think the Thunder will play with real purpose and determination in this next home game.. Can't see them going down 2-0 at home to these Clippers.. NO WAY.... OKC will have scoring options too in Westbrook and KD and others will follow.. Chris Paul can't shoot that percentage again...

This game is the series for OKC anyways..