jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Like I said he'll get a major job very soon

Good coach good discipline

Cookie Monster
    Large moneylines
    Cookie Monster's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9852

GSW community is split. Some think Jackson got the franchise from mediocre to successful, praise his motivational skills and is beloved by players. OTOH, some think his coaching skills are not so good (X and O's, rotations) and has problems relating to assistant personnel not bent to his will (vocally firing an assistant in front of everyone was bad).

It is a gamble. Warriors traded lots of future draft picks, so they must win now. Maybe they assumed Jackson will not reach further into playoffs. Klay, Barnes, Green and Ezeli are the only young players on team for a few years. The new coach must be able to develop them into a top rotation. Currently only Lee is a bad contract, although Bogut is risky for injuries, and Iguodala could become bad soon.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always tough to go from rebuilding to legit contender. Never mind in a LOADED conference where 49 wins gets you an 8 seed . I think mark did what we could, especially if clippers undress OKC . Because GS gave clips all they could handle

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Mark Jackson will find another coaching job in a hurry.. I don't feel bad for him... His resume is strong even with this firing..

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Poor decision imo, I think they would of beat the Clippers if they had Bogut healthy.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

reminds me of Memphis coach being fired LY after they reached WCF and lost to Spurs,

it was clearly a philosophy difference with management, as is this situation with Mark Jackson

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Dumb move

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Dumb move
    Agreed.

GS has great chemistry which is not something that should be messed with.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    GSW community is split. Some think Jackson got the franchise from mediocre to successful, praise his motivational skills and is beloved by players. OTOH, some think his coaching skills are not so good (X and O's, rotations) and has problems relating to assistant personnel not bent to his will (vocally firing an assistant in front of everyone was bad).

It is a gamble. Warriors traded lots of future draft picks, so they must win now. Maybe they assumed Jackson will not reach further into playoffs. Klay, Barnes, Green and Ezeli are the only young players on team for a few years. The new coach must be able to develop them into a top rotation. Currently only Lee is a bad contract, although Bogut is risky for injuries, and Iguodala could become bad soon.
    This is pretty much my thoughts on the situation. He did well and is a great motivator, which in turn greats good team chemistry. But, I don't think his coaching skills are that great so they may never be more than a team that sneaks into the playoffs and maybe wins a round. They have a lot of talent and are only missing a few pieces. Not sure who they can get to coach that will take them to the next level but hopefully the players stick around and build on their success.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    This is pretty much my thoughts on the situation. He did well and is a great motivator, which in turn greats good team chemistry. But, I don't think his coaching skills are that great so they may never be more than a team that sneaks into the playoffs and maybe wins a round. They have a lot of talent and are only missing a few pieces. Not sure who they can get to coach that will take them to the next level but hopefully the players stick around and build on their success.

Agreed. I love their team as a whole

homie1975

4 coaches the past 2 seasons have been fired right after winning 50+ games. Are all of those front offices stupid? Of course not. They all have their own inner workings.

- Del negro got fired by the clips because they knew he wasn't a championship coach. Now they have one in doc

- George Karl was fired because he kept losing in the first rd year after year. He had like 9 yrs there in Denver

- Hollins got fired in Memphis because the management plays Sabre metrics type ball and he didn't fit that

- Jackson got fired because no matter how much of a player's coach he is he couldn't get along with upper management

These franchises have their own cultures and way of doing things. They're not stupid no matter what most of u think

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot of these firings when you look back actually were good for the franchise

homie1975

in the long run yes, most of them will be better. the clippers are already better under doc than they were under del negro, but the other teams will take time. memphis and denver took steps back this yr, especially denver who had 21 fewer wins this yr. memphis made the WCF last year, this year bounced first round. golden state i believe is the best open job available and whoever lands it gets a prime situation.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Liked Mark here.

First 12