Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Would Trading Kobe Help The Lakers?

This scenario would probably not be considered, but I would think it would be better for the franchise. Kobe only has a couple of years left. His idea for rebuilding is probably a lot more aggressive than Kupchak's. Some potential coaches might not want to work with him. You were one of the worst teams in the NBA last year. Wipe the slate clean, and get some type of talent, or draft picks, for him while you can.

parexa
    parexa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

of course it would help the lakers ALOT, they could get lebron immediately.

but who would take that massive salary of this injury prone oldie who takes too many selfish shots?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by parexa View Post
    of course it would help the lakers ALOT, they could get lebron immediately.

but who would take that massive salary of this injury prone oldie who takes too many selfish shots?
    Kobe to the Bulls for Boozer, Dunleavy, expiring contracts and a bunch of picks. Doubt Lebron would be interested in any case.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe is just about done, its a young mans league now

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no way any team wants anything to do with that contract. Lakers simply paying him for past performance and nothing more. He might have a few good performances left but thats about it.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

no not at all

it would be a PR disaster, they have to just eat the contract

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah Lakers fans are dying to go see them without a star you guys know little about la if you think that will work.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

he's coming off seasons where he was 2nd and 3rd in scoring.

dumbest thread ever.

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

Lakers aren't going to do that, not going to be like other pieces of shit teams that just boots their franchise player who's done so much once they get old and starts to decline, they will ride with him til he retires. Might not be the smartest move but gotta respect the loyalty.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

untradeable because of ridiculous contract.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Kobe is finished.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    untradeable because of ridiculous contract.
    What about Boozer, Dunleavy, expiring contracts and picks? Boozer and Dunleavy only 1 year so Lakers could clear the deck.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    What about Boozer, Dunleavy, expiring contracts and picks? Boozer and Dunleavy only 1 year so Lakers could clear the deck.
    u want a colossal PR nightmare for boozer and dunleavy?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

I think so , the guy he was is done ,but still a low 20s point guy

fishtaco02
    fishtaco02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3875

30+ million off their books, yea it would definitely help. But it won't happen.

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    he's coming off seasons where he was 2nd and 3rd in scoring.

dumbest thread ever.
    yeah and he is a washed up scrub who damages teams. "dont talk to me till you get more accolades" -kobe bryant to smush parker. How can you support this asshole. hes trash now

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

If Irsay or Kraft were running the team, Kobe would have been either traded or cut out right...but unfortunately Jerry Buss was always loyal to Kobe to a fault and will allow Kobe to bury the franchise into mediocrity for the next several years before the rebuild can truly begin....

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

not sure what value he has at this point with that huge contract and a funky achilles

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Lakers are guaranteed an enternity of advertising if Kobe retires as a Laker as he will be in the Hall of Fame wearing only Laker Jersey, all for a mere $24 million. The lifetime potential of Revenues in the form of remaining a Top shelf product on that alone could equal Billions, Billionaires get rich for a reason, they dont make decisions based on emotion

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    yeah and he is a washed up scrub who damages teams. "dont talk to me till you get more accolades" -kobe bryant to smush parker. How can you support this asshole. hes trash now
    5 rings and 7 finals appearances is damaging teams?

lol

smush parker is a nobody, a journeyman scrub who fired the first shot saying kobe was "overrated." i thought kobe was too kind.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    no not at all

it would be a PR disaster, they have to just eat the contract
    This.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It seems like a terrible contract, especially considering Kobe's 36 and coming off an Achilles, hopefully Mitch knows what he's doing. He usually does.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Did the Bulls trade Jordan?
    Points Awarded:

darkhat gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Did the Bulls trade Jordan?
    bingo

trevor123698

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    5 rings and 7 finals appearances is damaging teams?

lol

smush parker is a nobody, a journeyman scrub who fired the first shot saying kobe was "overrated." i thought kobe was too kind.
    I'm not talking about the first shot you penetrating clown. I'm talking about what kobe said to him while they were teammates years before that shit happened. He said to him in the locker room to not talk to him. his own penetrating teammate. the man is as arrogant as they come. i'd fight him myself if i could. i dont care if he has 7 inches on me. i'd drop that \*\*\*\*\*\*

trevor123698

"talk to me when you get more accolades". who the penetrate is dumb enough to defend that. his own penetrating teammate. I treat coworkers who i hate far better than that. I dont know how kobe ever won anything with being like that. Oh wait its rigged and thats all that got MJ those 6 rings. the tape doesnt lie. that fat penetrate was untouchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M-KCulzJqg

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Lakers cannot, will not, or will ever think about trading Kobe at this point in his career.
    They are in a no-win situation. They have to ride it out and let him retire a Laker for his legacy.
    No chance he will ever wear a uniform other than theirs.
    They will just let him play next year, they will suck again, and he will retire in all likelihood.

Same goes with Dirk and Duncan.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by trevor123698 View Post
    I'm not talking about the first shot you penetrating clown. I'm talking about what kobe said to him while they were teammates years before that shit happened. He said to him in the locker room to not talk to him. his own penetrating teammate. the man is as arrogant as they come. i'd fight him myself if i could. i dont care if he has 7 inches on me. i'd drop that \*\*\*\*\*\*

according to whom, dumbfuk? smush parker? the same retard who admitted that he refused to pass to kobe while he was the lakers starting point guard?

lol

yeah, jordan.... the epitome a wonderful teammate huh? as long as you're not one of the teammates he regularly bullied, humiliated and even physically assaulted.

As Michael Leahy reported in his book, When Nothing Else Matters: Michael Jordan's Last Comeback, and for the Washington Post, Jordan thought he could toughen up Brown by breaking him down and forcing him to stand up for himself. In Jordan's world, that meant he "ritually reduced Brown to tears in front of the team," and, more reprehensibly, constantly referred to Brown as a "flaming f-ggot."

http://www.rufusonfire.com/2010/8/23...own-story-will

like when bill cartwright threatened to break both his legs if he kept telling their teammates to stop passing him the ball.

There was little small talk exchanged. "I don't like the things I've heard you saying about me," Cartwright told Jordan.
    Jordan stared at him.
    "If Iever hear again that you're telling guys not to pass me the ball," Cartwright continued, "you will never play basketball again."

and when he punched steve kerr in the face....

“I disagreed with him one time,” Kerr said with a chuckle. “I think he punched me in the face.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...m-at-practice/

jordan's classy comments about his teammates:

“We’re beating a lot of poor teams. So what? We won a lot of games last year, too. Will Horace and Bill still be playing at this level in the playoffs…Can Pip keep it up?”
    “I hate being out there with those garbage men. They don’t get you the ball.”
    “You’re an idiot. You’ve screwed up every play we ever ran. You’re too stupid to even remember the plays. We ought to get rid of you.” – Michael to Horace Grant
    “If you [pass the ball to Bill Cartwright], you’ll never get the ball from me.”
    “We’re not winning because of talent. We’re just beating bad teams.”
    “Headache tonight, Scottie?” – Michael asks Scottie, while showing him his 2-for-16 line
    “It’s probably a twelve-day. He needs two days to wake up.” – Michael on a ten-day contract teammate
    “He can’t do anything with the ball. Don’t give it to him.” – Michael yelling at Paxson who passed the ball to Purdue
    “You ever hear of a guy, six-eleven maybe and two hundred sixty pounds, a guy big and fat like that and he can’t get but two rebounds, if that many, running all over the damn court and he gets two rebounds? Big guy like that and he gets one rebound. Can’t even stick his **** into people and get more than that…Big, fat, fat guy. One rebound in three games. Power forward. Maybe they should call it powerless forward.” – Michael ripping Stacey King a new one
    “He was scared in there and panicking. He just lost it when Stockton scored.” – Michael on B.J. Armstrong’s mental fragility”
    “They don’t need a ticket to watch you sitting on the bench. They can go to your house for that.” – Michael to Charles Davis who was sorting through his tickets for his family and friends
    “Give me the ******* ball.” – Michael to Doug Collins who drew up a play for Dave Corzine
    “If I were a general manager, we’d be a better team.” ( Wizards? Bobcats? )
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...-not-like-mike

another ignorant jokedon fan.