TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by larryp0405 View Post
    He overseas the black players making money for him.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Nice piece of posturing by the Clippers there.
    Turning the Clipper logos inside out.

Not impressed, what would have impressed me if all the Clipper players took their paychecks and burned them at center circle.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody is burning paychecks who are these players kidding??

Doc Rivers on the inside can care less with Sterling thinks as he's all about the money

One of highest-paid coaches in the league

stevenash

^
    Not only that, Sterling gave a boatload of money to the Obama campaign, Sterling has won NACCP awards.
    Know what this is all about? Magic wants the Clippers, and the only way to get the Clippers is to get Sterling out of the way.
    That's where the Mexican/Black girlfriend comes into the picture (pardon the pun)
    Have the g/f set up Sterling in a phone call tap.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Not only that, Sterling gave a boatload of money to the Obama campaign, Sterling has won NACCP awards.
    Know what this is all about? Magic wants the Clippers, and the only way to get the Clippers is to get Sterling out of the way.
    That's where the Mexican/Black girlfriend comes into the picture (pardon the pun)
    bingo, that f\*g set this all up steve

pazim
    Update your status
    pazim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 443

I heard the whole tape and I don't think he is racist. He said its okay for her to be around them, but not just in public. His friends, family, or the people that hes involved with are probably racist. They have their views that he doesn't want to go against. His girlfriend also made him angry by asking stupid questions. People say stupid things when they are angry. She asked questions that made him seem like he was racist, when all he said was don't be seen around them. I'm sure lot of families in U.S. aren't racist, but they would have a problem if their daughters start dating black guys, especially in the country. It's just depends on the culture of their community, which makes them feel embarrassed.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

^
    The story seems to fit at this point, as bizarre as it seems.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

^
    Agree with 100%

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody is burning paychecks who are these players kidding??

Doc Rivers on the inside can care less with Sterling thinks as he's all about the money

One of highest-paid coaches in the league
    Exactly. Anyone with 1/2 a brain that listened to that tape knows what was going on. If the Ho was in it for herself, then why not blackmail him? What did she have to gain directly from him by going public?

Did the guy use the dreaded "N" word once? Really, how bad was it? He was consistently baited over and over again.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

^
    I understand your logic but I disagree guys. Don tomorrow will lose day to day control of the team. Being forced to sell I do it believe is in the cards. Today the sterlings were on the phone all day with the NBA and I think Shelly gets control of day today operations tomorrow.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They're not selling the team so get used to it

You really think about it did the guy really do anything that bad??

No

Emancipator
    Emancipator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    TheCentaur you should stop bringing up scenarios, that cease to exist, to prove your point. Also privacy is not in the constitution. And there is definitely something wrong when the owner of an NBA team makes racist remarks about blacks, that's up there with worse people in the world actually.
    And freedom of speech isn't?

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    As a black dude..i can tell you...most blacks spend most of their time killing blacks...just go to chicago or watch first 48...and blacks committing crime against whites is not Jesse's job....he is being paid by the FBI to create racial tension amongst both races...sometimes it is racism and sometimes it isn't..either way....he gets paid...if he were a real civil rights leader, whitey would have taken him out with all the other negro lovers back in the 60's....(kennedy, bobby, king..etc) This fool was standing right beside King when he was shot...and they left him alive...gee i wonder why? LOL
    I thought that was Al Sharpton?

Emancipator

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Your logic is flawed, its not against the law to say fukk you to your boss, but if you do you'll prob get fired. You gonna be like its not against the law?
    I don't think the players will be saying "fuk you" unless they want to lose money.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

isn't the clippers losing 100+ mil in sponsorships cut? i think in the end the old man will sell, he's not the type of owner like maybe cuban and abramovich who would lose alot of money over principal

Emancipator

go ahead and refute anything i have written, tell me what about my post is wrong

Racist
    - A person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

More than likely, the amount of people who fit that definition are evenly distributed among different ethnicities/people with varying amounts of melanin in their skin.

Emancipator

whats so hard to know that a 80 year old white jew can run his team like a plantation owner

He overseas the black players making money for him. He owns the players and team.

that in itself is a good enough analogy, when you know about his thoughts than it goes hand and hand
    Except for the fact that the players are not SLAVES, and have the choice to play for a teams owner or not, or not play in the NBA at all.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    Except for the fact that the players are not SLAVES, and have the choice to play for a teams owner or not, or not play in the NBA at all.
    90 percent of the population don't even know the origin of the word slave.
    It comes from the word Slavic, as in the European Slav's that were slaves.

Emancipator

But seriously, we all know this is just a distraction from what is going on Eastern Europe and possible WWIII that could start anyday now.

Emancipator

90 percent of the population don't even know the origin of the word slave.
    It comes from the word Slavic, as in the European Slav's that were slaves.
    A bit ironic. No different the African tribes that sold their neighbors into slavery.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    isn't the clippers losing 100+ mil in sponsorships cut? i think in the end the old man will sell, he's not the type of owner like maybe cuban and abramovich who would lose alot of money over principal
    They are losing significant money but that is not a concern, they are more upset that they offended the sponsors and community then the money lost. But it's not close to 100 million. As far as the principal you are not correct midntite. I have seen the sterling family personally go to court 5/6 days in a row ( excluding weekend ) to fight a case that cost them more on their lawyers then they could ever get in the lawsuit strictly for principal.

Can I ask is abramovich of Chelsea who you are referring to?

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

ok fair enough yeah roman that guy is a great owner imo

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by pazim View Post
    I heard the whole tape and I don't think he is racist. He said its okay for her to be around them, but not just in public. His friends, family, or the people that hes involved with are probably racist. They have their views that he doesn't want to go against. His girlfriend also made him angry by asking stupid questions. People say stupid things when they are angry. She asked questions that made him seem like he was racist, when all he said was don't be seen around them. I'm sure lot of families in U.S. aren't racist, but they would have a problem if their daughters start dating black guys, especially in the country. It's just depends on the culture of their community, which makes them feel embarrassed.
    Basically what I think, people are hypocrites its pretty comical.

First ... 2345