EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

LaMarcus Aldridge

If you're not playing the OVER on his points prop each game, you're missing some easy money.

Houston has NO solution. NONE.

Books barely adjusted from G1 to G2, upped it I think two points. Seeing as he might get 45 or more again, I'd still take anything under 30 pts ... and go OVER.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a monster

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

will keep an eye on it for game 3

PDX12
    PDX12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

When his mid range is falling he becomes unguardable

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

class act too. phenomenal

EaglesPhan36

27.5 tonight.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

rockets will double team him and force the scrubs to beat them...... if kevin mchale is smart.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

I can't believe the Bulls traded this dude.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Right now he is second best player in nba next to lebron

Guy is unstoppable

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

u8.5 first qtr

mchale is gay if he doesnt at least try to double him early

thetitanlb
    thetitanlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    rockets will double team him and force the scrubs to beat them...... if kevin mchale is smart.
    That is not as easy as you say man. Aldridge is not in the post like normal players. He is usually getting the ball post extended and is isolated on the left side of the floor. Doubling him can basically give up a wide open layup or shot because the rotations will have to travel even further than normal because of the above listed things.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

too high for me gonna stay away

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Now you would think they will double team him all through game 3 right? And you would think that if he plays the right way someone else will be wide open and score above and he'll be way below this recent average. Good play might be under on him and over on teammates. Or, if you can get Rebs+Assts on him!

dawgs777
    dawgs777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1606

Houston has to defend lamarcus that's the only way they win. I don't think he will shine like the 1st 2 games. tonight the rest of the Portland team must do all the work. rockets have to change it around.

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

could try dwight on him. what would lopez do. nothing

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by thetitanlb View Post
    That is not as easy as you say man. Aldridge is not in the post like normal players. He is usually getting the ball post extended and is isolated on the left side of the floor. Doubling him can basically give up a wide open layup or shot because the rotations will have to travel even further than normal because of the above listed things.
    of course its easy. jordan, kobe, lebron and many others have been taken out of their games with double teaming and aldridge is no exception. of course someone will be wide open which is the whole point.... but id rather some scrub take wide open shots than aldridge taking contested shots cause he keeps hitting them. plus they got howard patrolling the middle no easy layups.

thetitanlb

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    of course its easy. jordan, kobe, lebron and many others have been taken out of their games with double teaming and aldridge is no exception. of course someone will be wide open which is the whole point.... but id rather some scrub take wide open shots than aldridge taking contested shots cause he keeps hitting them. plus they got howard patrolling the middle no easy layups.
    If they double on aldridge when he is in the high post and isolated they will lose this game for sure. Take my word for it. Not sure how you think the rest of the team is scrubs. Lilliard was an all star. Matthews avg 16 points a game and shoots 40% from deep while making 2.5 three pointers a game. Batum avg 13 points a game and also avg 2 three pointers made per game. Not to mention that no easy layup is a double edged sword. Do you really want the possibility of dwight howard picking up fouls cause he is constantly having to make plays at the rim to stop shots?

tongo
    tongo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 837

Guys take a look at the damian lillard reb+ast ov 9.5!!

Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Did you see Thomas in College? This kid was an athletic freak and the "easy pick." Lamarcus Aldridge was injured a lot in high school and in college.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    could try dwight on him. what would lopez do. nothing
    He has, but Dwight likes to sag back and let Aldridge have space to shoot. They don't want him to get pulled too far away from the rim.

It's a Catch 22 for the Rockets. The 3-pt shooters will bury them if they double, but Aldridge is playing out of his mind and will continue to destroy them if they try to cover him one-on-one. They're fukked.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Right now he is second best player in nba next to lebron

Guy is unstoppable
    You might have forgotten about the young guy from OKC??? Durant??? Is that his name??? BOL JJ.

thetitanlb

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    He has, but Dwight likes to sag back and let Aldridge have space to shoot. They don't want him to get pulled too far away from the rim.

It's a Catch 22 for the Rockets. The 3-pt shooters will bury them if they double, but Aldridge is playing out of his mind and will continue to destroy them if they try to cover him one-on-one. They're fukked.
    Yup, that is why the blazers did not double howard last game really. They were ok with howard getting his as long as the other players were not hitting 3's and getting buckets.

EaglesPhan36

It's pretty obvious from the entire season they don't know how to play him. I think basically, they live with him scoring 40 and try to shut down the rest. Not sure why you expect adjustments now. Those should have came after G1. As long as he gets his minutes and normal touches. 30+

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's pretty obvious from the entire season they don't know how to play him. I think basically, they live with him scoring 40 and try to shut down the rest. Not sure why you expect adjustments now. Those should have came after G1. As long as he gets his minutes and normal touches. 30+
    Angered about adjustments after game 1. His o/u is set st 28.5 right now in my book. I'm very close to pulling the trigger

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by thetitanlb View Post
    If they double on aldridge when he is in the high post and isolated they will lose this game for sure. Take my word for it. Not sure how you think the rest of the team is scrubs. Lilliard was an all star. Matthews avg 16 points a game and shoots 40% from deep while making 2.5 three pointers a game. Batum avg 13 points a game and also avg 2 three pointers made per game. Not to mention that no easy layup is a double edged sword. Do you really want the possibility of dwight howard picking up fouls cause he is constantly having to make plays at the rim to stop shots?
    yeah cause not doubling him has worked out so well.... only scoring 44.5ppg on 60% and down 0-2 in the series.

liliard is shooting just 36% and the scrubs shot 13-41fg combined. so who would u rather try and beat u? a super star shooting 60% or scrubs shooting 31%?

its never an ideal situation to double but desperate times calls for desperate measures.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

just imagine drafting aldridge in 2006 and kevin durant in 2007 instead of greg oden.

portland would've been unstoppable...

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

He's getting doubled tonight and it's going to be on the other Blazers to make up the difference. The Rockets aren't going to roll out the same game plan. They were slow to adapt because they have been able to beat the Blazers during the reg season without adapting to LA. However, It's damn evident that something has to change, given what LA has done to them in the first two games.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

higherelement, do you still consider okc your home team?

High3rEl3m3nt

No, I grew up outside of Ptown. They've always been my "home team." Now, I'm in Utah Jazz country, but never been to one of their games.
    I still have my DQ Jerome Kersey, Clyde Drexler, and Kevin Ducksworth glasses.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

my bad, thought you were from seattle.

High3rEl3m3nt

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    I use to live in Washington, but it's a stone's cast from Portland. Rooted for the Blazers, Mariners, and Seahawks ever since I can remember. Honestly believed I'd never see the day one of my teams would win it all. Still don't believe the M's will win one in my lifetime.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Square loser?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    GK, you can find better butts than that! LOL

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

What he's done is pretty incredible but it's against a terrible defense with a terrible coach that couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag. so let's not carried away.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Didn't shut him down but slowed him down enough

12 Last