UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

SBR, Why do you think the Spurs are boring-Feed back wanted

Ive been a Spurs fan since 1998 when i was old enough to watch them. For as long as the Spurs have been around they've been called boring. This starts with the Ownership but goes down to the coach and their players that have that same attitude.

Their playing style was always considered boring as well. Through 2007 their game plan was to dump it into Duncan and let him go to work. Pass out of the double team and get easy shots. Since people these days are so impatient and all they want to see is dunks and 100 point games i can see why this style would be boring to you.

Post 2008 the Spurs have always been a top 7 NBA team in scoring, they've went away from that old style of play and rely on a motion/pick and roll offense. The passing, the cuts, and the general quick pace that they do things is amazing to me. I don't know how anyone could watch the Spurs over the last three years and think that they are boring.

Do you think they are boring because they dont throw 50 lobs a game? Because you still think of them as the old boring 2005 Spurs? Why do you believe this quick paced motion offense team is still boring? Im from Sacramento and grew up during the point where Sacramento was the "most exciting team in the NBA to watch". That team couldn't hold a candle to this Spurs team in terms of scoring, fast break points, assists, fg%, or 3pt fg%.

Thanks Guys

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't find them to be boring. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the evolution of this team over the years.

Their offensive playbook has expanded greatly, and they've been able to transition from a defensive-minded, grind-it-out team into a group that moves the ball and breaks down opposing defenses better than anyone.

I just enjoy watching them execute.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They aren't boring at all to me. Watching them play the game at such a high level is exciting but to the casual fan they want the above the rim game with the commercialized players. Spurs get it done quietly but don't have a Blake Griffin to put up highlights though he can't hold Timmy D's jock and never will come close. That's beside the point...Spurs get it done and have been consistently, all that matters.