farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wizards will beat bulls 1st round

Please I would love to hear any arguments supporting the bulls advancing past the first round. Let me hear it people

pupung
    pupung's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Bulls defense will be too much for the wizards. I thnink bulls in 6games

farmhouse1

Ohh please. Yeah bulls have a great defense BUT they can't complement it with that horrendous offense they have. I don't think bulls will be able to contain john wall for the whole series maybe a game or two but he's going to figure it out and dominate Kirk hinrich & dj Augustine.

Bulls lack depth off the bench while the wizards have multiple veterans in Andre miller, Drew Goodin, al Harrington, and Martel Webster. They also have Trevor booker and Kevin serephine who are 2 other power forwards they can throw at the bulls front court. Bulls have Gibson & Augustine off the bench that's about it. Boozer is a huge liability defensively and Gibson is real streaky with his offensive game granted he is a phenomenal defender but nene matches up well against him. Gortat can be a clumsy idiot at times but he's a very skilled center and matches up with Noah size wise

Trevor ariza is the X factor for the wizards if they want to advance also Bradley beal needs to have a good series. I give Ariza the edge over mike dunleavy in that matchup simply because Ariza has won a championship already and plays good defense. Both are streaky shooting the ball but with john wall at the pg, he can get Ariza more open looks then dunleavy can get from the bulls.

Ultimately if john wall & Bradley beal play afraid and hesitate too often and settle for jumpers, then the bulls will win the series. But the wizards should not fear the bulls at all, in fact im sure they know they can beat the bulls. It's more of a mental game the bulls like to play with their opponents, but in reality the bulls are very average and have no go to scorers in the "clutch" time.

Bulls obviously have the edge defensively and with the coach but the wizards can score the basketball something the bulls find hard to do. GL backing a team with dj Augustine as your leading scorer. I'll gladly take john wall and the wizards roster over the vaunted bulls defense and their roster

farmhouse1

Wizards in 7. This won't be one of the more "popular" matches to watch but it will be very interesting to see which style of basketball wins out.
    Quote Originally Posted by pupung View Post
    Bulls defense will be too much for the wizards. I thnink bulls in 6games

yysmer
    yysmer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think wizards are definitely more talented, but bulls have much more playoff experiences which is crucial because nba playoff is a different sport from nba regular season. Also bulls have the mental toughness that's needed when it really matters.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Please I would love to hear any arguments supporting the bulls advancing past the first round. Let me hear it people
    Simplest reason the Bulls win this series is coaching. Tibs is the best coach in the East.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

I had a dream last night that the Bull shocked the Heat. Joakim Noah came up big. That must mean they take down the Wiz. And I'm being serious.

farmhouse1

You do relieve coaching is the most overrated thing in basketball, right? I agree thibs is a great coach. But seriously come in now have anyone actually watched the bulls play this year? It's pretty sad at times how difficult it is for them to score the basketball
    Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Simplest reason the Bulls win this series is coaching. Tibs is the best coach in the East.

farmhouse1

Hahahaha okay..... I hate the heat but I know the physiological game they like to play with teams in the regular season. Lebron will have no problem with the bulls. Wouldn't shock me if the heat sweep the bulls IF the bulls even make it that far
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneylineExpress View Post
    I had a dream last night that the Bull shocked the Heat. Joakim Noah came up big. That must mean they take down the Wiz. And I'm being serious.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13158

Hahahaha okay..... I hate the heat but I know the physiological game they like to play with teams in the regular season. Lebron will have no problem with the bulls. Wouldn't shock me if the heat sweep the bulls IF the bulls even make it that far
    So are you taking the Heat??? LOL

farmhouse1

Haha if they face the Chicago bulls the. Yes but I doubt that's who they'll be facing
    Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    So are you taking the Heat??? LOL

farmhouse1

I've just seen it multiple times where the heat lose the regular season games to the bulls but then kill them in the playoffs when the games actually matters. And that was when the bulls had a much better team with rose, deng, belinelli, and Nate robinson

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I've just seen it multiple times where the heat lose the regular season games to the bulls but then kill them in the playoffs when the games actually matters. And that was when the bulls had a much better team with rose, deng, belinelli, and Nate robinson
    I have no idea what these folks are talking about??? I have watched plenty of Bulls games and they are not that good, not to mention no offense. Anybody hangs 100 on them they are done.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Bulls is my team guys and I'd be surprised if we beat the Wizards... 6 or 7 games regardless

farmhouse1

Yeah I think wizards in 7.

farmhouse1

Yes I agree on all these points. But is all that going to help fix the bulls offensive problems. This team reminds me of ohio st this year. A team that boasted a "great" defense but guess what's was ohio st problem and why they exited the first round of the march madness tourney? Their problem was simply they couldn't score the basketball just like the bulls. And guess what kinda team beat ohio st. A team called dayton, a team nobody gave a shot except for people who knew how badly ohio st struggled offensively. Dayton was considered an average team but could shoot the ball well just like the wizards. Wizards are pretty average defensively but what they can do is score the basketball with the multiple weapons they have
    Quote Originally Posted by yysmer View Post
    I think wizards are definitely more talented, but bulls have much more playoff experiences which is crucial because nba playoff is a different sport from nba regular season. Also bulls have the mental toughness that's needed when it really matters.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10351

Living in DC so I'm subjected to watching more Wizards games than I'd like to...

Main problem is Wizard defense, especially inside, they have no answer for Noah or anybody driving to the basket. On the parameter, I expect some steals but contesting the length of Bulls 3 point shooters is going to be impossible. Both teams love the three pointers, but Wizards shooters can be streaky. When they have too many days off between games the Wizarrds have problems hitting shots early. So, there you go. I wouldn't take the Wizards except for perhaps one home game and think you can bet the Bulls to take this series easily

I know the price is tempting, but, don't succumb.

There is a reason the Nets were tanking not to play the Bulls.

BULLS -195 series is well worth the chalk!!!!

trobin31

Yes I agree on all these points. But is all that going to help fix the bulls offensive problems. This team reminds me of ohio st this year. A team that boasted a "great" defense but guess what's was ohio st problem and why they exited the first round of the march madness tourney? Their problem was simply they couldn't score the basketball just like the bulls. And guess what kinda team beat ohio st. A team called dayton, a team nobody gave a shot except for people who knew how badly ohio st struggled offensively. Dayton was considered an average team but could shoot the ball well just like the wizards. Wizards are pretty average defensively but what they can do is score the basketball with the multiple weapons they have
    Defense wins in Playoffs, period.

farmhouse1

First off, bulls are a terrible 3 point shooting team they predicate their offense through Noah and back door cuts. If the wizards can force the bulls into jump shots then They can get out in transition fairly easily on the bulls.

farmhouse1

And yor saying bulls aren't streaky??? The penetrate? Jimmy butler & mike dunleavy are wildly inconsistent with their jump shots. Gortat matchs up well with Noah I think he will hold his own. Also nene is a nightmare for the bulls. The wizards beat them in the regular season with nene but couldn't win without him reason being because nene was dominating the bulls and they had no answer for him

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

First off, bulls are a terrible 3 point shooting team they predicate their offense through Noah and back door cuts. If the wizards can force the bulls into jump shots then They can get out in transition fairly easily on the bulls.
    Farm I respect your opinion but your arguments are very ignorantly one-sided in this thread. If the Wizards can force them into jump shots? When have the Wizards forced anyone to get out of their gameplan? Their defense is going to really bring them down when the playoffs start.

Bulls hold advantages on the defensive end, coaching, and playoff experience. Those are three big factors come playoff time that are hard to overlook. Not to mention a home court advantage. They also shoot free throws better, rebound better, and turn it over less. Yes the Wizard have more star power and are more fun to watch but the Bulls will win this series in 6.

farmhouse1

What are you talking about? The wizards have Trevor Ariza & Bradley beal to match jimmy butler & mike dunleavy. John wall will be able to contain Kirk hinrich & dj Augustine please come on now. Of course Augustine will be tougher to guard for John wall but wall is bigger, stronger and faster so.....

Only thing that is concerning for the wizards is when Noah & Gibson are on the floor together, it will be extremely difficult for John wall to get into the paint. So we'll have to see how the wizards adjusts.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

Bulls are -200 series for a reason.

Defense

Experience

Home Court

Coaching

Not sure how one could disregard coaching. Coach T is sharp, has a system in place, demands execution, team play and rock solid defense. What other coach can lose two top players (Rose,Deng) and make playoffs?

Wiz has nice young talent @ guards , but Hinrich and Butler are gritty defenders. Bulls are strong on Boards with Noah,Gibson, Boozer. Like DJ and Taj coming off bench. Scoring is always a concern, but defense wins championships or the first rd of this series.

Bulls in 6.

trobin31

Just my observations here. I see these Wiz play nearly everyday and they just are not ready!!!

I agree Nene is a key, but he cannot play inside with Noah, and, his best asset, the 10-15 ft jumper is inconsistent at best. I have seen the Wizards get beat time after time versus strong defensive teams for whatever reason their offense needs to flow, not a good half court team. If they have any chance they'll need to run the bal, hit 35-40% from 3 pt land and we all know how that works out in the playoffs.

farmhouse1

Nope wizards are going to win in 7. They have more scoring punch and will be able to stay in the games no matter how good the bulls are playing defensively. Then when the time comes and the bulls need to score baskets in crunch time, they won't be able to and will result in the wizards getting out in transition and blasting the bulls for easy buckets something the bulls have extreme difficulty doing

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Nope wizards are going to win in 7. They have more scoring punch and will be able to stay in the games no matter how good the bulls are playing defensively. Then when the time comes and the bulls need to score baskets in crunch time, they won't be able to and will result in the wizards getting out in transition and blasting the bulls for easy buckets something the bulls have extreme difficulty doing
    Ok. So you say you want to here arguments why Bulls will advance and you disregard everything anyone has said. Close this thread.

farmhouse1

Yeah I agree I've seen the wizards struggle against elite defensive teams. Mainly cause john wall plays passively and settles for jump shots rather then attacking. But I feel like he has a distinct advantage over the bulls point guards
    Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Just my observations here. I see these Wiz play nearly everyday and they just are not ready!!!

I agree Nene is a key, but he cannot play inside with Noah, and, his best asset, the 10-15 ft jumper is inconsistent at best. I have seen the Wizards get beat time after time versus strong defensive teams for whatever reason their offense needs to flow, not a good half court team. If they have any chance they'll need to run the bal, hit 35-40% from 3 pt land and we all know how that works out in the playoffs.

farmhouse1

I'm not disregarding anything I've just heard the same old shit over and over again. Bulls have experience, coaching, and defensive edges over the wizards.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

I'm not disregarding anything I've just heard the same old shit over and over again. Bulls have experience, coaching, and defensive edges over the wizards.
    Those three arguments aren't valid?

farmhouse1

Of course they're valid
    Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Good analysis trobin.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Bro youre looking kinda short sighted those things such as experience and defense cant be overlooked. Dont get caught up in the flashy scoring of the Wiz. I love Beal but many nights he doesnt
    show up. Game slows down in the playoffs but I can almost guess Wiz is gonna try to turn this thing into a trackmeet but when they see that isnt working then what. If Wiz had some playoff experience then Id give them much more of a chance just cant this year against the Bulls.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Should be a good series. Would not surprise me if Wiz won in 6. Wiz do have a nice front court to match the Bulls front court with Nene and Gortat. I just worry about Wiz playoff inexperience.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Defense wins in Playoffs, period.
    Like all the Heat & Spurs think about is defense??? OK

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Hey, can I get a full size poster of your avatar please. TX