NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Two Good Bets Tonight in the NBA

(1) Parlay Houston Rockets and Washington Wizards ML

LeBron and Bosh probably won't play this game as Spo and company will be happy to be the #2 seed heading into the playoffs. He rather get his superstars some rest heading into the playoffs. Wizards have something to play for also. I think Washington comes out and wins outright. Don't know if it will be close or not.

Meanwhile San Antonio Spurs have nothing left to play for and have a hard time against the Houston Rockets as is even when they are trying at full strength. The Houston Rockets, on the other hand, only have a half game lead on the Portland Trail Blazers for the #4 seed in the West and need to wrap that up for a first round home court advantage. Expect the Rockets to win this game. Wouldn't be surprised if they blew out the Spurs either.

(2) Phoenix Suns (-1) - 1Q

I like Phoenix to play this like a do or die playoff game and I expect them to come out fast and furious. Grizzlies tend to start slow sometimes too and with the Suns fighting for their post season lives here in front of a raucous home crown I expect their energy level to come out to be very high. Should be able to out score Memphis by the end of the first quarter at least.

Good luck all!
    Points Awarded:

SBR Contests gave NYSportsGuy210 93 Betpoint(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Spurs are playing everybody, I am on Spurs +4.5 so maybe we both win. Agree with Wizards but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Spurs are playing everybody, I am on Spurs +4.5 so maybe we both win. Agree with Wizards but I just couldn't pull the trigger.
    Not sure why San Antonio would do that. Pop should have his veterans on limited time. He always gives rest to his aging veterans this time of the year.

PS -No Kawahi Leonard for the Spurs tonight.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

What did Spurs have to play for against Mavs last week when they ran them out of the gym.

LT Profits

damn...went from this:

Gregg Popovich hinted that he won't rest anyone during Monday's game vs. Houston.

Pop emphasized the need to be sharp and in sync for the playoffs, and with two games left on the schedule he may ease up on his extra-cautious approach to resting players. We should get more concrete information after the Spurs warm up for Monday's game, so check back later tonight for updates.

To THIS:

Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter have all been ruled out for the Spurs on Monday.

They'll start Tony Parker, Marco Belinelli, Damion James, Tim Duncan and Aaron Baynes. But just because Duncan and Manu Ginobili haven't been ruled out for this one, doesn't mean they're guaranteed big minutes.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

lol Spurs are resting everyone expect their big 3 of Duncan,Manu, and Parker, SA going to get killed tonight.

meyer0416
    meyer0416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7154

so rockets?

LT Profits

Naturally I jumped on Spurs +4.5 on the first news, and they are now +5.5.

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    damn...went from this:

Gregg Popovich hinted that he won't rest anyone during Monday's game vs. Houston.

Pop emphasized the need to be sharp and in sync for the playoffs, and with two games left on the schedule he may ease up on his extra-cautious approach to resting players. We should get more concrete information after the Spurs warm up for Monday's game, so check back later tonight for updates.

To THIS:

Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, Patty Mills and Tiago Splitter have all been ruled out for the Spurs on Monday.

They'll start Tony Parker, Marco Belinelli, Damion James, Tim Duncan and Aaron Baynes. But just because Duncan and Manu Ginobili haven't been ruled out for this one, doesn't mean they're guaranteed big minutes.

Exactly. You guys should know how Poppavich operates by now this time of the year.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11546

Spurs are gonna end up resting players, Houston is feeling good with Howard back and really need this win at home.. I loaded up on the Rockets on the money line -200...

Houston rockets swept the Spurs in 3 games they played this year also.. My play of the night and I'm gambling on it..

NYSportsGuy210

San Antonio....unbelievable....

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

what do you think about MIN @ +8. NYSportsGuy. got it to close a parlay. maybe play the under 212 as a hedge.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    what do you think about MIN @ +8. NYSportsGuy. got it to close a parlay. maybe play the under 212 as a hedge.
    Twolves beat the Warriors already this season so I think they will more likely then not make this a game and cover the 8....

ItsMeMrMattE
    puttin 2 cents in for 3 out
    ItsMeMrMattE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1079

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Twolves beat the Warriors already this season so I think they will more likely then not make this a game and cover the 8....
    ya i just decided to just let it roll. other side of the parlay to close at this point to be considering a hedge.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I wouldn't be surprised now if both Memphis and Min win the games out right.. Halftime and both games are tight...

Pattycakes0909
    Pattycakes0909's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 901

Wolves are a TERRIBLE 2nd half team....If you can get the Warriors -4 or better for the 2nd half, take it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Wolves gave it up at the end like Pattycake said.. Shame... The Wolves were winning almost the entire game.. 10 doesn't cover the spread. ... It happens.....