No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Yes, Kane's size has been the issue. Working with Hoiberg in an NBA system will help his case. Also, he's appeared to have matured as well. All year the word is if he doesn't get drafted, he can make a good living overseas playing ball.
    Did he do something at Marshall to get kicked off the team? Sounds like they agreed to part ways for some reason.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    hard to take anything this mock draft says serious when they have shabazz napier going mid 2nd round.

im starting to think this class is somewhat overrated tho, parker does shit against mercer team loses, wiggins does shit against stanford team loses, i really wasnt that impressed with wiggins this year at all, parker at least had some big moments. wiggins was being compared to lebron james before the season.
    They're good players, but "the next _____" crap is a joke.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

this class is very deep IMO, but at the top i feel its a bit overrated, i should clarify what i said. a lot of guys i see playing in the nba for quite some time.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i just decided to compare this to the 2004 nba draft some real laughers in the lottery there, rafael araujo, robert swift, luke jackson, josh childress, but the class came up with a lot of players later on in the first round like al jefferson, jr smith, jameer nelson and kevin martin. anderson varejao and trevor ariza even went in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by thetrinity; 04-03-14 at 10:00 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I never bet props/futures like this, but if I did I think No at +170 has good value. Isn't it kind of a 3-way toss up for the #1 pick between Parker, Wiggins and Embid?
    Yeah.

Depends who wins lottery.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    hard to take anything this mock draft says serious when they have shabazz napier going mid 2nd round.

im starting to think this class is somewhat overrated tho, parker does shit against mercer team loses, wiggins does shit against stanford team loses, i really wasnt that impressed with wiggins this year at all, parker at least had some big moments. wiggins was being compared to lebron james before the season.
    i agree with this entire post. actually the reason i was coming to respond to this thread was because of shabazz napier. guy is a cold blooded killer on the court, can shoot and get to the rim practically at will, and never seems to have a bad game. always makes a play when his team needs him to. if he goes mid second round, he's almost guaranteed to be one of those success stories, guys who 'came out of nowhere'.

i also think the top guys are a little unrefined and inconsistent. embiid would be far and away the best player in this class if he didn't have back issues, which means if i'm a gm i'm passing on him no matter what. i think we will have a lot of good players out of this draft that will start in the league, but really time will tell on who's going to be a true star or not.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

also, deandre kane is a stud. i don't care about his age or anything like that. guy doesn't need 5 years to develop, he's already there. i agree with everything nocoin has said about him in this thread.

if anything, he's a good value, because you're paying rookie money to a pretty well-developed player.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Did he do something at Marshall to get kicked off the team? Sounds like they agreed to part ways for some reason.
    Yes. He was kicked off the team. I believe he led the NCAA in technical fouls. He was extremely hot headed.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Here's a great SI article featuring Kane from earlier this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...-deandre-kane/

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

kane appears to have matured but it may be too late for him, i wouldnt be that surprised if he went undrafted but he definitely will get a shot as a free agent.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Here's a great SI article featuring Kane from earlier this year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...-deandre-kane/
    Interesting. Thanks for the link.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Interesting. Thanks for the link.
    No prob. I'm rooting for him. Hopefully, he doesn't end up like Royce White. Hoiberg deserves to have some good guys go to the Association and represent Iowa State.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No prob. I'm rooting for him. Hopefully, he doesn't end up like Royce White. Hoiberg deserves to have some good guys go to the Association and represent Iowa State.
    I think that deep down, if you asked Royce White to be honest, he's using his "condition" as a crutch. At the heart of the matter, I think he just doesn't want to put the time, effort and commitment into playing pro ball.

First 123