vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Heat losing on purpose to finish 2nd in the Eastern Con?

If the season ends now, Heat(2) will play either Wizards, Raptors or Bobcats on their route to the ECF.

Pacers will play either Bulls, Nets and Hawks so finishing 1st in the East doesn't sound that attractive now as it's a tougher route to the ECF. At the end of the day, if Pacers don't make the ECF, Heat will still get home court advantage.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12810

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    If the season ends now, Heat(2) will play either Wizards, Raptors or Bobcats on their route to the ECF.

Pacers will play either Bulls, Nets and Hawks so finishing 1st in the East doesn't sound that attractive now as it's a tougher route to the ECF. At the end of the day, if Pacers don't make the ECF, Heat will still get home court advantage.
    Do you really think they are trying to lose??? Come on... What about Indy, they have not been tearing it up either. Are the trying to lose as well??? Please...

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

What a dumb post. BTW Heat won last night and Indy lost. So it should read is Indy trying to lose????

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Do you really think they are trying to lose??? Come on... What about Indy, they have not been tearing it up either. Are the trying to lose as well??? Please...
    But did you realised that whenever Pacers lose a game, Heat will lose theirs too? If I'm not wrong, it has already happen in the last 5-6 times. Pacers normally play earlier so Heat will know the result. No 1 wants to play a team like the Bulls and Heat is 0-3 against Nets.

I'm not saying Heat is fixing the game but finishing 2nd certainly is a easier route to the ECF.

FistOfFreedom
    FistOfFreedom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 422

It's not out of the realm of possibility, I just don't think it's the case though.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8142

They just arent as good as the last couple years...being in the east and having Lebron still keeps them a favorite heading into the postseason but thats really the bottom line. Wade is a shadow of himself when he actually plays (pretty much was last year as well but was able to show up in game 7 when it mattered most), Ray is having the worst shooting year of his career, I dont dont know whats up with Battier (maybe age is catching up to him?) but he is having a real down year and they lack any inside presence so they get beat up inside. Lebron is going to get his and come playoff time will put alot of pressure on the officials so you can never rule them out but they are basically the cavs all over again with Bron, which means they will prob be in the finals again.
    Last edited by Gonz312; 03-25-14 at 10:11 AM.

zabelm
    zabelm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 638

all that matters is the playoffs.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I doubt the prospect of facing the Bulls or Nets terrifies them to the point where they'd concede homecourt to Indy on purpose for what is still by far the most likely ECF.