RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Stepping back into NBA tomorrow... thoughts on Heat?

... after a full week of focusing on NCAA. Was going to be a brilliant week until I got greedy and risked a huge payday on Wichita State. Still think it was the right play, but oh well.

This is typically the spot where I like to jump on Miami heavy - coming off a slump, D Wade should definitely play tomorrow night, quality opponent in Portland that is decent enough to get Miami's attention but not talented enough to beat them if Miami decides to play.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blazers blow bro. I'm assuming miami will be favored. Idk about them covering a spread tho....but I can't see blazers beating miami at all.

RMStanley

Well if Miami has a huge weakness it's PG play and stopping Lillard would be a huge concern. Also their lack of effort recently has been an obviously glaring issue - need to reasearch Portland's recent efforts and their playoff standing. I've only been on NCAAB for a week but man neglecting the NBA for that long makes me feel like I'm way behind the curve.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

I would stay away from taking MIA for a little bit. There is something wrong. Winning like 4 games out of their last 10. They do get up for tougher opponents and LA is out for PORT. Even with that I would stay away from taking MIA. The over looks good bet as any team has been able to score on MIA defense no problem. And Port loves to score too.

RMStanley

Straight Wager 03/24/14 09:08 ET
    bet 2,587.50 to win 2,250.00 Result: Pending
    Phoenix Suns
    Atlanta Hawks
    03/24/14(19:40 ET)
    Phoenix Suns -1.5 (-115)

Hopefully no Ashton Kutcher tonight for Atlanta - that dude crushes me whenever I bet against the ATL.

IllyPhilly[DOC]

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    Straight Wager 03/24/14 09:08 ET
    bet 2,587.50 to win 2,250.00 Result: Pending
    Phoenix Suns
    Atlanta Hawks
    03/24/14(19:40 ET)
    Phoenix Suns -1.5 (-115)

Hopefully no Ashton Kutcher tonight for Atlanta - that dude crushes me whenever I bet against the ATL.
    GL but that game looks to easy for suns. Why only a pk?

RMStanley

Quote Originally Posted by IllyPhilly[DOC] View Post
    GL but that game looks to easy for suns. Why only a pk?
    road segababa with long travel from minny. agree line appears low. oh well - if we were cautious we'd be in bonds like our old sport Nick Carraway, not in NBA wagering.

jgiun1
    jgiun1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Like Portland and points but staying away myself

RMStanley

I don't know about "liking" Portland without LA. You might mean that you "don't trust Miami to show up". That's really the only factor in tonight's game IMO. Wade's a go. Team is pissed after their last performance. Will Miami show up? That's the game right there.

Martinr
    Martinr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21

Both teams seem concerned (and rightly so) with their defensive form of late. The Total lis set at 208. If these teams tighten up defensively that total could be out of reach.
    I've been waiting for the Heat to wake up since the AS break, but it hasn't happened. I can't back them till they show some spark.
    Blazers or pass at the +6.
    Probably just back the Under 208.

RMStanley

Quote Originally Posted by Martinr View Post
    Both teams seem concerned (and rightly so) with their defensive form of late. The Total lis set at 208. If these teams tighten up defensively that total could be out of reach.
    I've been waiting for the Heat to wake up since the AS break, but it hasn't happened. I can't back them till they show some spark.
    Blazers or pass at the +6.
    Probably just back the Under 208.
    I like the under 208. Wade sitting probably helps prevent 10 points alone - maybe more.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

No wade tonight. I'll take blazers +6 then

IllyPhilly[DOC]

Quote Originally Posted by IllyPhilly[DOC] View Post
    I would stay away from taking MIA for a little bit. There is something wrong. Winning like 4 games out of their last 10. They do get up for tougher opponents and LA is out for PORT. Even with that I would stay away from taking MIA. The over looks good bet as any team has been able to score on MIA defense no problem. And Port loves to score too.
    I now like MIA! LOL