k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Nba players suck and shoot 40% except lebron/kd

Horrible product. Horrible atmosphere. Horrible fans.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

March Madness best spectator anything Win or go home and thats that. NBA series you have a chance in next game.
    Hopefully we all understand that the talent in NBA is superior but all things are relative and that is why NCAA's rock. The moments are much better and spontaneous in ncaa.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Only 0.92% of D1 athletes make the nba. So actually almost all of the guys you're watching in this tournament will not make the nba. fact.
    What does your fact have to do with my original post? You love the NBA game.....The majority of those guys you love played NCAA basketball, or that "shit show" as you refer to it, including one of your faves, Dwayne Wade. Fact

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Nba players suck and shoot 40% except lebron/kd

Horrible product. Horrible atmosphere. Horrible fans.
    NBA players shot 45.5% in 1996/97

45.35% this year.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by cbiscuit View Post
    March Madness best spectator anything Win or go home and thats that. NBA series you have a chance in next game.
    Hopefully we all understand that the talent in NBA is superior but all things are relative and that is why NCAA's rock. The moments are much better and spontaneous in ncaa.
    Has nothing to do with my hating NCAA and loving NBA (same could be said for any sport I wish all MLB series went 7 and the playoffs were longer) but I actually find the entertainment of a 7-game series to be far superior to that of a 1-game playoff.

But that's just an opinion everyone has different tastes.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

I'm all about the NBA but I feel like there is more heart in march madness. This one game determines if you continue on to the next round.
    Some of you talked about majority of these players dont make it to the NBA but this is where you see these kids give 110% of their heart on the court because they may never play again.
    NBA players still collect their check when they lose and can make it up in a 7 game series.
    Yes game 6 of the Spurs Vs Heat was exciting with Allen's 3 but game seven was boring as hell because you already knew Miami wasn't losing this at home.
    Just my opinion.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    NBA players shot 45.5% in 1996/97

45.35% this year.

That's just fg% and includes C/PF who inflate the stats.

The actual shooting ÷ is way lower.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Watching the Lou/SLU game is absolutely exhausting. I have seen 8 year old with more offensive prowess.
    That being said, I love March Madness. NBA regular season is a joke, but 7 game series are really where $ can be made.

NFL blows all others sports away for watching and betting.

Seto

That's just fg% and includes C/PF who inflate the stats.

The actual shooting ÷ is way lower.
    So when you said "shoot 40%" you weren't referring to FG%? I find it hard to believe that somehow.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

March Madness blows away NBA Playoffs and it is not even close. Probably because single-elimination makes EVERY game important, not like 4-of-7 series where the better teams are not too concerned about losing games early in a series.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Are you seriously this fukking stupid? nba playoffs compared to march madness? lay off the meth-pipe kid
    I made one joke about this fukin wigger wannabe who will suck a black dudes dik to let him be in his crew now he is trolling. oh what a joke. I have made request for them to start selling belts in the SBR store so that you don't have to where you pants around your ankles. Also you can go ahead and talk like you want to with shizzle, bizzle , my soda fizzles, you feel me you nizzle? we wont judge

k13

So when you said "shoot 40%" you weren't referring to FG%? I find it hard to believe that somehow.
    Even look at the top 25 scores. Look how many are under 45%
    The only ones over will either be lebron/kd or c/pf or someone white.

Then you have your melo/gay/harden/liliard/irving/etc....."superstars"

90% + of guards can't hit 50%

3pt% is just as pathetic..

Why do these coaches even let these players play...like josh smith..

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    March Madness blows away NBA Playoffs and it is not even close. Probably because single-elimination makes EVERY game important, not like 4-of-7 series where the better teams are not too concerned about losing games early in a series.
    Why do all you guys like single game elimination? Am I the only one who hates the concept and shakes his head every time they bring up the idea to introduce it to the NBA?

LT Profits

Why do all you guys like single game elimination? Am I the only one who hates the concept and shakes his head every time they bring up the idea to introduce it to the NBA?
    The urgency of every game being a "Game 7" if you will is what makes March Madness great. And I have nothing against longer series in pro sports, I appreciate all of it, I just find this the most exciting three weeks of the year.

Seto

Even look at the top 25 scores. Look how many are under 45%
    The only ones over will either be lebron/kd or c/pf or someone white.

Then you have your melo/gay/harden/liliard/irving/etc....."superstars"

90% + of guards can't hit 50%

3pt% is just as pathetic..

Why do these coaches even let these players play...like josh smith..
    Durant 50.7%
    Melo 45.4% (not a c/pf - at least not a conventional one or lebron/durant)
    LeBron 57.1%
    Love 46.5%
    Harden 45.7% (not a c/pf or lebron/durant)
    Griffin 53%
    Curry 46.4% (not a c/pf or lebron/durant)
    Aldridge 45.9%
    DeRozan 43%
    Cousins 48.5%

There's the top 10 scorers. Only 1 under 45%.

Melo, Gay, Harden all shoot over 45%. Melo shooting over 40% from 3.

Lillard and Kyrie (as well as George/DeRozan) shoot about 43% but they're young stars.

Look, I get that you don't like the NBA. But what you're saying is factually incorrect. You just don't like it, you don't have to agree with me. In fact it seems many people don't agree with me. That's ok though

Seto

The urgency of every game being a "Game 7" if you will is what makes March Madness great. And I have nothing against longer series in pro sports, I appreciate all of it, I just find this the most exciting three weeks of the year.
    I guess I don't see anything special in it. There are tennis tourneys every week that follow the exact same concept.

The playoffs on the other hand are special. The game-to-game adjustments, debates etc... Also much less probability for a fluke game or a crooked ref to decide a series.

I think you guys find it exciting more because of all the alumni backing their former schools and stuff as Drinker alluded to once when I said I didn't understand the college concept.

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

don't know why people laugh about soccer...
    soccer is the sport where gamblers bet more....
    just because americans dont care about it, doesn't mean others NON-Americans don't....

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by NBA Maniac View Post
    don't know why people laugh about soccer...
    soccer is the sport where gamblers bet more....
    just because americans dont care about it, doesn't mean others NON-Americans don't....

Pssssssss.........soccer is where the money at!

scholesy
    [Too Long]
    scholesy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1685

Quote Originally Posted by mintpicks79 View Post
    Just because most off these players will not make the nba shouldn't take away from the high level of play. Exhibit A Jabari Parker is probably gonna be a very good nba player. However, he struggled against a well coached experienced Mercer team. Players you will never hear from again. There One shining moment!
    LMAO @ high level of play..gotta be fukkin kiddin me..if I want to watch this crap all I have to do is go to my local rec league

LT Profits

I think you guys find it exciting more because of all the alumni backing their former schools and stuff as Drinker alluded to once when I said I didn't understand the college concept.
    Not at all (at least in my case) as that would have me rooting for Hofstra and Fordham every game.

Seto

Not at all (at least in my case) as that would have me rooting for Hofstra and Fordham every game.
    Lol fair enough. I wouldn't imagine there are too many people who follow NCAA hoops who aren't American though but what do I know. Bottom line is we all have different tastes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NBA playoffs way better quality and way more intense

Most college games are not

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

biggerleaffan
    biggerleaffan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2618

Quote Originally Posted by RMStanley View Post
    I like the NBA playoffs way more. Neutral site games suck and the one-and-done makes it so fluky. The atmosphere at NBA playoff games (especially by games 4,5,6,7 when there's been some chippiness and you start to get a hatred for the opposite team... man that's awesome stuff). I'm one of the old grumpboxes who thinks the Finals of everything should almost certainly be the two best teams - you get that in the NBA far more often than you do in NCAA.

If you like hatred between teams I'd say NHL > NBA. especially when you get already rivals facing each other

Shazzadude
    Shazzadude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

People care little about the NCAA outside the US.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

NCAA concept is better, NBA Playoffs has a higher level of play. NCAA more unpredictable, NBA too predictable, 1 or 2 seed always makes the finals. NCAA has more buzzer beaters, NBA has very little suspense, but higher quality of play. I love to watch the NBA playoffs, but the NCAA bracket when not busted is the best casual fan concept ever invented.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

I guess I don't see anything special in it. There are tennis tourneys every week that follow the exact same concept.

The playoffs on the other hand are special. The game-to-game adjustments, debates etc... Also much less probability for a fluke game or a crooked ref to decide a series.

This makes sense. First off I feel like you can't compare the 2 because the fans are more attracted to one-and-done style formats than a series. Fans are basically 'the masses' they are not even fans of the sport but will do the whole bracket thing and office pools, etc. NBA is a better product but still has its flaws (eastern conference).

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    This makes sense. First off I feel like you can't compare the 2 because the fans are more attracted to one-and-done style formats than a series. Fans are basically 'the masses' they are not even fans of the sport but will do the whole bracket thing and office pools, etc. NBA is a better product but still has its flaws (eastern conference).
    Yup, good post.

Just like people love watching the Soccer WC as it's one-and-done (even people who pay no attention to club football as the grind of a 38-game season does not attract them). It's more attractive to the "masses" I guess.

It'd be hard to get people together for game 2 of the NBA finals then when a team wins tell everyone "Yeah but actually that game didn't matter that much". Invite people over for the World Cup final, then they'll come.

k13

See wiggins struggling in college, yet he'll be much better in the nba.

Nba is so much easier for players with no skills.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

If u like shitty baskeball with 50 missed layups a game the NCAA tourney is where ya want to be. How many guys 5 ft 8 try to drive to the hole against a 6ft 8 guy and get the shit slammed back in their face before they figure out they have a size disadvantage? Brain dead mistake after mistake. If u like good basketball then i hate to tell ya this is awful. Now if u like to see a street ball game this is for u. Oh a street ball game with fouls every three second because no one is allowed to touch the other guy.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

The NBA seems boring because it is designed to give better teams a chance to be better and to reward the best teams, the NCAA tourney is designed to pack games in tightly and provide a much higher variance to create excitement, because weird random shit happening is always more exciting than seeing the predictable shit happen

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Lol at better quality. The only professional sport that openly fixes games

Also lol at goat milk defending the nba when he's lost every penny to his name betting it the last 3 years. Fact.

First 12