dontknowhowtobet
    dontknowhowtobet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Total Points Over/Under 233 (Golden State @ Denver)

Is there something fishy about this?
    Does Vegas try to put a high line so people would play under but in fact they want it to be OVER?
    Isn't that obvious or what??

nobs
    5 DIMES IS A JOKE
    nobs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just think they know from past experience that the number in a game like this has to be very high to get a decent number of players to take under.

I think gamblers in general have a bias to the over anyway, so you take a game with 2 high flying offenses like this and you better make it at least 225 or you are going to get 80% on the over.

I think the "vegas has it fixed" angle is overdone and dead wrong for so many reasons. They arent trying to put out a huge number hoping to get 90% on the under and then fix it to go over, just isnt happening. They want 50/50 so they have a guaranteed win, and more importantly they have half of the players cashing winning tickets.

Look at last night, I saw that total at 58 some places. I dont think I have ever seen an NFL game total that high, and it went under. Would have been easy to throw a fix in there, just have NE tack on a meaningless score at the end and it goes over.

Vegas makes a lot more money long run with 50/50 winners and losers than they would make if they fixed it and made it 95% losers 5% winners.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Interesting point !!!!!!!

iMxth3xbossx5000
    iMxth3xbossx5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Golden State and Denver have zero defense and two explosive offenses. Both teams play the 'run and gun' style of basketball, the total is right where it should be.. Each team would have to score around 29 points per quarter for this total to go over..

dontknowhowtobet

What a sweet winning
    £250 into the pocket.
    That's my biggest bet since the £1000 one I posted here last time (I only posted my winnings with it but I haven't lost since, so I am happy with it very much)

The game isn't over yet so when it is I will get my winnings, it's around £250.

dontknowhowtobet

There we go
    £250 and 36p sir