Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Phil Jackson goes to New York...and Kobe hangs it up for the season ? LOL!!!! Ouch !!

Looks like the final nail in the Lakers coffin for the 2014 campaign has been delivered....When it rains it pours...as they say. Phil was the last hope this team had to somehow salvage whats left of the franchise....but Jim and Kobe simply don't want him there....they'd rather plunge the franchise into the abyss than have Phil involved with the team....Lakers Fans!!! How does this make you feel ?

In my humble opinion..you nitwits deserve every bit of the pain you are enduring right now...as you have gassed that shot jackers head up too often over the years...and have him believing he is worth 50 million even though he is 36 and washed up....You helped Kobe chase Dwight out of town...by ridiculing him when he was injured instead of supporting him....now look at the end result....The Gimp cannot even walk himself onto the court....and Jodie Meeks is your best player...LMAOOO...Magic has abandoned the team...some fans have simply put on Clippers jerseys over their Laker jersey hoping nobody notices...LOL...

And now Phil...the only man who could control the Gimp...and steer the ship right again...got fed up and went to New York...Who wants to bet the Knicks win a title before the Lakers do ? I would make the bet myself but the only guy dumber than Jim Buss is Knicks ownerJames Dolan.... so Phil may not last long...in LA....however....What Jackson may have inadvertently done is stop LA from getting Melo....who will be Kobe's scapegoat next year if Pau opts out ?...Who will Laker fans chase out of town next season when the Lakers loose another 50 games....will it be Meeks? time will tell....Tough times in Lakerville!!!!!!!!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Y r u so obsessed with Kobe and the Lakers?

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Y r u so obsessed with Kobe and the Lakers?
    Because its fun !!!!!!!!!! lol

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

i would say kobe is a d-leaguer, but he can't hang. kobe should stick with recreational basketball.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13170

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    i would say kobe is a d-leaguer, but he can't hang. kobe should stick with recreational basketball.
    Good luck in retirement KB. It's about time.

TheChumba
    TheChumba's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two NBA teams that have adopted their states liberal agenda....throw unlimited heaps of money at the problem without any plan in the hopes the problem goes away.

LOL @ these two donkey organizations paying Kobe that money and the soon to be donkey Knicks that are going to overpay that malcontent loser Carmelo.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by TheChumba View Post
    Two NBA teams that have adopted their states liberal agenda....throw unlimited heaps of money at the problem without any plan in the hopes the problem goes away.

LOL @ these two donkey organizations paying Kobe that money and the soon to be donkey Knicks that are going to overpay that malcontent loser Carmelo.
    no need to throw Anthony in with Kobe now. Kobe would be in his rightful place right now in nba if he carries Melo's jockstrap.

Menses

I agree with your first assessment...The knicks are as dysfunctional as anyone who has appeared on Dr Phil over the last ten years and the Lakers front office consist of a brother and sister who apparently haven't spoken in months....however I believe you are being too hard on Melo....

People praise Kobe for the same reasons they bash Melo...they are ball stoppers and volume scorers who do not make their teammates better...but the difference with Melo is that he has not played with hall of famers in their primes...like Kobe has. He took the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals and lost to Phil, Kobe and Gasol...who also had the refs in their back pockets....Melo was surrounded by an older Chuancey Billups, a broke down Allen Iverson...and Jr Smith who was even a bigger knucklehead back then than he is now....

Melo is now surrounded with even lesser talent in New York...what more can he do to make his team better? His efficiency has improved this season..and hes taken less shots....Where is his big three ? Kobe had Dwight and Pau last year and barely snuck into the playoffs...Houston has their big two plus excellent role players..GS State has thier back court, Portland has Lamarcus and Lillard....OKC has their big two...Duncan, Ginobli and Parker are still rolling....Miami has 3 hall of famers on their team...Indy is stacked from the bench to the rafters....what does Melo have? Who does he have?

Melo had no idea how big of an idiot Dolan was when he signed.. This fool allowed Jeremy Lin to walk in favor of an overweight gun toting felon in felton who is the worst point guard the league has seen in over ten years...then he turns around and deals for Andre Bargani...who has no business being in the NBA....take Melo off the Knicks...they loose 60 games...
    Last edited by Menses; 03-12-14 at 06:35 PM.

TheChumba

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I agree with your first assessment...The knicks are as dysfunctional as anyone who has appeared on Dr Phil over the last ten years and the Lakers front office consist of a brother and sister who apparently haven't spoken in months....however I believe you are being too hard on Melo....

People praise Kobe for the same reasons they bash Melo...they are ball stoppers and volume scorers who do not make their teammates better...but the difference with Melo is that he has not played with hall of famers in their primes...like Kobe has. He took the Nuggets to the Western Conference Finals and lost to Phil, Kobe and Gasol...who also had the refs in their back pockets....Melo was surrounded by an older Chuancey Billups, a broke down Allen Iverson...and Jr Smith who was even a bigger knucklehead back then than he is now....

Melo is now surrounded with even lesser talent in New York...what more can he do to make his team better? His efficiency has improved this season..and hes taken less shots....Where is his big three ? Kobe had Dwight and Pau last year and barely snuck into the playoffs...Houston has their big two plus excellent role players..GS State has thier back court, Portland has Lamarcus and Lillard....OKC has their big two...Duncan, Ginobli and Parker are still rolling....Miami has 3 hall of famers on their team...Indy is stacked from the bench to the rafters....what does Melo have? Who does he have?

Melo had no idea how big of an idiot Dolan was when he signed.. This fool allowed Jeremy Lin to walk in favor of an overweight gun toting felon in felton who is the worst point guard the league has seen in over ten years...then he turns around and deals for Andre Bargani...who has no business being in the NBA....take Melo off the Knicks...they loose 60 games...
    1) Kobe actually plays defense. In fact, in his prime he was one of the best defenders in the game. You would be kind if you called Carmelo a below average defender. He has never cared about that part of the game. That is a HUGE difference between the two players. In my opinion, it puts Kobe in an entirely different realm than Carmelo. Thats what was so good about Jordan. He not only dominated on offense but he also locked down on defense. Same with Lebron. Lebron plays on both ends of the floor. Same as Kobe.

2) Yes, both Kobe and Carmelo are ball stoppers but Kobe has always had a huge drive to win. Flame me for saying that but its coming from a Chicago bulls fan/Laker-Kobe hater. I hate the Lakers and Kobe but no player has been more similar in regards to Jordan when it comes to wanting to win than Kobe. That is a fact. In fact, Kobe's entire game...offensive and defensive...and even the way he carries himself has been modeled after Jordan.

3) Boeheim said it best...Carmelo is going to get flamed about hogging the ball etc until he wins a championship. Kobe has had 5...yes he had Shaq but you need to remember...Pau Gasol couldn't do better than get the 8th seed in a weak west before he joined up with Kobe. Kobe's last two championships were legit. Again, coming from a Kobe hater.

4) I don't think referencing last year in regards to Kobe is really fair when making your argument. I think both players need to be compared in their prime. Kobe's skills have decreased a great deal over the last 2 years. To be honest, I'm still amazed though at how he can still score with the amount of games and wars the dude has been through. Adding all the playoff games in conjunction with the fact he came out at 18 you gotta be impressed. Regardless though, you need to compare Kobe's prime with Carmelo's when comparing the two players. The rest is just fringe stuff.

5) If Carmelo didn't know Dolan was an idiot than shame on him. The Knicks were a mess long before Carmelo came and Dolan was the primary one to blame for the mess. Remember, Star-Berry, Ed Curry...all those jokers. They hired Walsh to get them out of that cap disaster...which he did...then Dolan marginalized him because thats what Dolan does when his ego feels threatened. So what happens once Walsh gets marginalized...Knicks end up right back up in the same salary cap hell they were previously in with a new bunch of selfish me-first players. If Carmelo didn't know Dolan was an idiot thats entirely on him.

6) Carmelo has always been about Carmelo. He has NOT been about winning, unlike Kobe. Thats just a fact. You'll see that fact played out when he resigns with the Knicks this offseason just so he can get the max deal. He destroyed a whole Denver Nuggets season just so he could push his way out and get to an organization who had a donkey owner and their other max player had noodles for knees. It was more about Melo just going to New York because it was New York...and it fits Melo's MO. Kobe was all about LA until he thought they couldnt win....he pratically forced the organization to get Gasol or he was gonna walk and find somewhere else he could win at. Again, all about winning. If Melo wants to win he should get as far away from New York as possible. That wont happen this offseason though. Mark my words...he will resign...take max money...and toil away for the next 4-5 years.

I cant wait...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

rather comical watching this all unfold. thats what happens when your owner shouldnt be running a mcdonalds let alone a pro sports team

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

6) Carmelo has always been about Carmelo. He has NOT been about winning, unlike Kobe. Thats just a fact. You'll see that fact played out when he resigns with the Knicks this offseason just so he can get the max deal. He destroyed a whole Denver Nuggets season just so he could push his way out and get to an organization who had a donkey owner and their other max player had noodles for knees. It was more about Melo just going to New York because it was New York...and it fits Melo's MO. Kobe was all about LA until he thought they couldnt win....he pratically forced the organization to get Gasol or he was gonna walk and find somewhere else he could win at. Again, all about winning. If Melo wants to win he should get as far away from New York as possible. That wont happen this offseason though. Mark my words...he will resign...take max money...and toil away for the next 4-5 years.

I cant wait...
    if its all about winning then why didnt kobe take a larger paycut?
    its all about winning with KOBE being the man

Menses

1) Kobe actually plays defense. In fact, in his prime he was one of the best defenders in the game. You would be kind if you called Carmelo a below average defender. He has never cared about that part of the game. That is a HUGE difference between the two players. In my opinion, it puts Kobe in an entirely different realm than Carmelo. Thats what was so good about Jordan. He not only dominated on offense but he also locked down on defense. Same with Lebron. Lebron plays on both ends of the floor. Same as Kobe.
    Kobe has not played defense in six years....and was always an overrated defender....he had no business being named to the all defensive team. Anybody who has taken time to watch Kobe play basketball over the past 6 years will attest to this. The nickname we have for him is "Weak-Side" kobe....and the cherry picker...because he usually stands on the weak side and waits for rebounds and depends on other players to close out...then when he is lazy..he gambles on defense and usually looses giving up the drop pass or the easy lay up....Kobe can continue to average over 20 because he saves it all for offense....Mike Brown and Phil refuse to put up with that...D'Antoni doesn't give a s h i t....theres a reason why Kobe hasn't said a negative word about him..LOL

LOL..nonsense.....Kobe is the most selfish player in the history of the NBA....who you trying to fool? This idiot won three rings..then destroyed a dynasty because he would rather loose playing Hero Ball than win playing team basketball...and thus chased Shaq out of town...then turned around and threw LA, the city, and all of his teammates under the bus when he realized he could not win without Shaq in 07 after being bounced out of the playoffs by the Nash and the Suns....He demanded a trade...and wanted OUT ASAP

All of this after the Lakers organization supported him through out the RAPE TRIAL...After Jerry Buss paid for all traveling expenses to and from Colorado for court proceedings....and despite that Kobe still complained that the airplane Buss paid for was not up to his standards....Jerry West bails out Kobe's career by giving Buss Pau Gasol for a bag of fruit...two more rings...then Dwight lands there...and in instead of Kobe doing what was best for the organization...he chases Dwight out of town because he does not want to defer to another center...at this point in his career...he wants to continue to jack up as many shots as we wants while he chases records...once again, he would rather loose playing Hero Ball...than win playing team ball....By doing this he has guaranteed the Lakers 5-6 loosing years until they finally have all the pieces to win again....it could have been 1-3...but when given the chance...he flat out refused to take a pay cut....and selfishly at 36 years of age with a busted Achilees and bad knees strong armed Buss and Mitch and Squeezed out another 50 million in salary on top of the 30 mill he took this season for playing 6 games and turning the ball over 50 times...LOL

Not a Single player from his championship teams was invited to his wedding...neither were his parents...he just sued his own mother last year....over a few high school jersey's...LOL...again I ask...who you trying to fool ? When it comes to Selfishness...Kobe is in a class of his own LMAO....and winning is relative to talent...When Melo gets talent he might win.....but he ain't got any right now...You put Kobe on that New York team and he probably shanks JR Smith out of frustration....and likely choke slams Baragani...the dude would end up in prison....LMAO...I dun even wanna know what he might do to Dolan if he saw him in the hallway....LOL....The fact that Melo has not gone apeshit with what is going on over there is a testament to his character as far as I am concerned...
    Last edited by Menses; 03-13-14 at 12:24 PM.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Your realize NBA teams has owner(s) and the state has no control in what they sign players for, right?

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Your realize NBA teams has owner(s) and the state has no control in what they sign players for, right?
    That's not what he was implying...The owners of a lot of these teams tackle their issues similar to how democrats tackle gang violence which is to throw money at the problem ie welfare and more basketball courts....which doesn't solve the problem...Why is Rudy Gay making 19 million a year? LOL....
    Last edited by Menses; 03-13-14 at 02:39 PM.

TwoWays

kobe spouting off on ownership again.

kobe, why don't u stfu up or do something constructive to help the laker organization out. why don't you give back some of those dollars on that contract extension so they could go out and get some ballers. why don't you help recruit other nba stars to come play for the lakers. why don't you show some leadership and play ball this year instead of faking a midseason injury cause you know your skills are not enough to better this lakers team. you're an employee kobe, toe the fckn' line or quite.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    kobe spouting off on ownership again.

kobe, why don't u stfu up or do something constructive to help the laker organization out. why don't you give back some of those dollars on that contract extension so they could go out and get some ballers. why don't you help recruit other nba stars to come play for the lakers. why don't you show some leadership and play ball this year instead of faking a midseason injury cause you know your skills are not enough to better this lakers team. you're an employee kobe, toe the fckn' line or quite.
    LOL...you really think he faked the injury? I am not sure what to think about that...there was a lot of swelling in his knee...and that is no joke....ask Wade....but I also think he knew the season was a wash...and he did not want to embarrass himself as he would have been exposed for the hack shooter he is...Gotta hand it to him...the boy has some balls on him...Calls out management and says the culture needs to change....but yet he took 50 mill from that same management sending the team straight to the luxary tax next year...LMAOOO.....The Gimp is something else...

TheChumba

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    You clearly missed the point I was making.