rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

If Kevin durant or another superstar was on the Knicks instead of melo.. Still suck?

Keep having this discussion at work with my co workers. Guy keeps saying that it's all about the system. If you were to put anyone besides Lebron on the Knicks this team would have the same record... I don't buy into that. Carmelo is a scorer I'll give him that but he doesn't motivate his team to play better, doesn't make his team play better he's just a scorer. This team would NOT have the same record if u took out melo and added Kevin durant or a few other guys. I don't even like melo. What's everyone's take on this?

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

If KD or lebron was on the knicks the knicks would still suck, their whole front office needs to be changed.

StaticShock
    ShockingSBR
    StaticShock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Having lebron on the knicks would make easily make them a ECF team. He provides more than just scoring. However KD/Melo would just give that team a miserable record

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

The team doesn't suck. They have put forth some horrible efforts but there were a lot of lost games this season where almost nothing went their way, yet ended up being decided by a possession or two. The pacers game in NY comes to mind. A foul that could have easily been ignored was called and sent the game to overtime where the Knicks lost. So many of their games ended like that, they could easily have a .500 record or better right now. You also have to consider they lost Tyson Chandler very early which threw them all off for about 20 games where they went like 5-15 or something. I still think this team is vastly overlooked and underrated. Don't be surprised if they explode right now; they have a pretty easy schedule for the remainder of the season.

nickos86
    nickos86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    The team doesn't suck. I still think this team is vastly overlooked and underrated. Don't be surprised if they explode right now; they have a pretty easy schedule for the remainder of the season.
    I am going to hold you to this. NYK as an institution is rotten.