Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kyle Korver's streak is over. My obvious question is...

Firstly, great effort by Korver to keep the steak as long as he did. Some guys don't like him because he's one dimensional, but as someone who likes to shoot the 3 ball when I play pick up, I love watching this guy shoot.

My question is, why is Korver not a prominent figure in the All Star weekend 3 point comps. He's somewhat a cult figure who's clearly known to be a good shooter, so who in the hell makes the call for Joe Johnson to be in the comp and not Korver?

Is this a decision Korver makes or does he simply not get asked?

He prefers to catch and shoot rather than shoot off the dribble, and I think it would be his to lose every year he was in it. Steph Curry is a gun from 3, but being the primary ball handler who shoots off the dribble and likes to stop and pop, shooting off the rack has proved to be Curry's weakness in this format.

Keen to see what others think.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

He was invited this season but declined to spend more time with his family.

Mocknroll
    Mocknroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    He was invited this season but declined to spend more time with his family.
    Well there you go.

As much as I'd like to see him compete in the comp this is a pretty admirable declination. Guy could easily boost his persona in the league beyond the guy with the streak and 'throw his dikk over his shoulder' by winning the comp. I can tip my hat to that.