GzPlex
    GzPlex's Avatar Become A Pro!

New better here. Just lost $800 tonight and i feel like crap

Damn so been betting a month now and I've been winning/losing streak. I started off with $400 to bet and was up until $1200 and been winning and losing from there and stayed in the $800 mark. Yesterday I won with the Spurs and Rockets and decided to go all in today with the Pacers and Mavericks and lost it all. I want to quit now but at the same time I want to win everything back.

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

1. Google "bankroll management".
    2. Deposit more $
    3. Profit or Lose (its gambling)

Dougie_Fre$h
    Dougie_Fre$h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I feel ur pain brother...it took me about 2-3 years of losing my ass to realize bankroll management and for loses to not make me go on tilt. Follow my nba thread...that's a start for you

lukey016
    lukey016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Yeah you shouldn't really have gone all in.. you need discipline if you wanna win long term, sure bet more if you feel confident but not your entire bankroll. ^ Agree with Catch77

GzPlex

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie_Fre$h View Post
    I feel ur pain brother...it took me about 2-3 years of losing my ass to realize bankroll management and for loses to not make me go on tilt. Follow my nba thread...that's a start for you
    I just saw your thread. You're on fire brother. Will keep following and once luck hits me I will thank you with a big tip. Cheers and lets keep these going and win some money. Gonna fund my No balance account now coming from a loss of $800

GzPlex

Quote Originally Posted by lukey016 View Post
    Yeah you shouldn't really have gone all in.. you need discipline if you wanna win long term, sure bet more if you feel confident but not your entire bankroll. ^ Agree with Catch77
    Thanks for the advice lukey and catch77. I'll try not to get this to me. I usually only play lotto and when I do bet on sports its with my friends.

tb1984
    tb1984's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1083

Quote Originally Posted by GzPlex View Post
    Damn so been betting a month now and I've been winning/losing streak. I started off with $400 to bet and was up until $1200 and been winning and losing from there and stayed in the $800 mark. Yesterday I won with the Spurs and Rockets and decided to go all in today with the Pacers and Mavericks and lost it all. I want to quit now but at the same time I want to win everything back.

Better now than later.

HerschFitness
    HerschFitness's Avatar Become A Pro!

Let's get all that money back and then some!

GzPlex

Yessir for tomorrow

addicted1
    addicted1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GzPlex View Post
    only $800 that is nothing should win it back on tomorrow clippers and lakes game

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Don't go for it bro. Gambling should be for your fun and enjoyment, if you go down that path there is a good chance you never come back. It's not worth it. I promise you that if you take a week off you will forget about it. $800 will be made up in no time. A bad habit like you're describing (going all in, trying to get it back) is a destructive thing that WILL follow you around for the rest of your life and can cost you everything you have and everything you may make in the future. Please understand that.

BCC585
    BCC585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1206

Gambling is gambling but I'm always able to walk away with a profit at the end of the season is by having an investor mentality on a sport that I love.
    Just like investing, you don't put all your eggs in one basket. Basic bankroll management is betting "units", which for me is 1% of my bankroll, to avoid going bust.
    Sure it's not as thrilling as going all in but I'm still 40+ Units in profit for the NBA season and I'm enjoying myself every single night.
    Just like jikos said, this should be fun.
    This league is too inconsistent to go all in.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

wait until football season. NBA betting is terrible.

billily
    billily's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    Don't go for it bro. Gambling should be for your fun and enjoyment, if you go down that path there is a good chance you never come back. It's not worth it. I promise you that if you take a week off you will forget about it. $800 will be made up in no time. A bad habit like you're describing (going all in, trying to get it back) is a destructive thing that WILL follow you around for the rest of your life and can cost you everything you have and everything you may make in the future. Please understand that.
    he's rigth... u need disipline..