44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Different angle?

Just playing Devil's Advocate here: Why should OKC kill themselves against a lottery team, especially at this time of year??? While there is probably no chance for Philly, I do not think they (OKC) will be too concerned to go out and clobber these guys, even though the whole world thinks they will. I can foresee a large lead and resting just about everybody in the second half, most likely, not even waiting til the 4 th quarter. Just another angle on the game. Not even playing this one. Intel only please. TX

Highsaac
    Highsaac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

I completely agree. This is exactly the type of game where you could see a backdoor cover after all the starters hit the bench. 20 is A LOT of points. I didn't even bother capping this game because I won't touch it. Spreads of 20 or more points have only happened 4 times since 1998.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by Highsaac View Post
    I completely agree. This is exactly the type of game where you could see a backdoor cover after all the starters hit the bench. 20 is A LOT of points. I didn't even bother capping this game because I won't touch it. Spreads of 20 or more points have only happened 4 times since 1998.
    And, it's up to 21 now. I read LT earlier he posted the last 3- 20 point spreads, and the dog went 2-1

Highsaac
    Highsaac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    And, it's up to 21 now. I read LT earlier he posted the last 3- 20 point spreads, and the dog went 2-1
    Yup and the 4th one was from 1998 and the favorite covered I believe. Way too small of a sample size to base anything off though. Just would never feel comfortable betting on a team to cover 20+.

Time is Money
    Time is Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6389

6ers play tough all 4 Q's. Their coach has the team fouling, calling timeouts and setting plays under a minute left in the game down double digits. I think this is a backdoor spot myself.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Probably a better shot at hitting the 1st half spread.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had the same thinking when sixers played clippers I think they were +15 or something. Clips ended smoking them by 30+

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    I had the same thinking when sixers played clippers I think they were +15 or something. Clips ended smoking them by 30+