SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Steve Merril: Lay it on the Lakers -11½

Lay it on the Lakers -11½

Game Time: 3/27/2007 10:30:00 PM -
    By: Steve Merril
    http://www.procappers.com

Easy chalk to lay here as the Lakers are playing good ball and home in LA against a struggling and short-handed Memphis Grizzlies team.

The Grizzlies are the worst team in the league and they are now extremely short-handed as both Mike Miller and Damon Stoudamire are out with knee injuries. Making matters worse is that Memphis must travel without rest and play their third road game in just four nights.

The Grizzlies are playing terrible basketball and trailed by 22 and 24 points in their past two games at Phoenix and Utah without Miller and Stoudamire in the lineup. Teams that are struggling during extended road trips do not have the practice time to fix their problems and the Grizzlies fit a negative 45-91 against the spread letdown situation based on their back-to-back double digit losses.

The Lakers are in solid current form with five straight wins and they have held 18+ point leads in three of their past four games. This is also the Lakers' only game during a four day span which should ensure a focused effort tonight.

Play: Lakers -11½

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm actually tempted to go Memphis + 12 here as the Lakers have NO defense and have not beaten anyone by this many points since February 25 when they pounded GS. The last time the Grizzlies almost took the game, granted that was in Memphis.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I'm actually tempted to go Memphis + 12 here as the Lakers have NO defense and have not beaten anyone by this many points since February 25 when they pounded GS. The last time the Grizzlies almost took the game, granted that was in Memphis.
    AND MILLER DROPPED 33
    HE IS OUT TONIGHT
    HAD HE BEEN PLAYING MEMPHIS WOULD BE THE BET PLUS POINTS

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under tonight.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Memphis in this game +12.5