TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

If Maurice Cheeks Was Fired Today Why Isn't The 76ers Coach?

No excuse to perform like this. If I was the owner of the team... fired immediately. Maybe even during this game. Why do I pay for the NBA League Pass to watch this junk for?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

76ers have asses in seats. Pistons don't. 76ers don't have good players on their roster. Pistons do. 76ers want to tank. Pistons don't.

Joe Dumars time was up about 5 years ago.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Sixers management wants the team to lose.

The Pistons were supposed to be solid this year.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I would venture to say 76ers aren't much less talented than Det. MCW is more talented than Jennings.. Give me Turner over a Josh Smith. Monroe/Drummond are solid combo. No clue why they got Josh Smith.

Tony Wroten will be a good player in the future too. Thaddeus Young can play.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Different ownership. That's the only reason.

TheMoneyShot

Already the league gone to hell. Bring David Stern back.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Already the league gone to hell. Bring David Stern back.
    League has been shit since the end of the Jordan era.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Their team total for wins this year was 16.5 they are overachieving

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I would venture to say 76ers aren't much less talented than Det. MCW is more talented than Jennings.. Give me Turner over a Josh Smith. Monroe/Drummond are solid combo. No clue why they got Josh Smith.

Tony Wroten will be a good player in the future too. Thaddeus Young can play.

Leave the basketball discussion to the pros. Talk about marshall henderson or whatever it is you like.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Their team total for wins this year was 16.5 they are overachieving

Exactly. Was going to post those exact words. They are 15-37 after tonight, much better then expected. There over under win total was significantly lower then any other team in the NBA.

Hench
    Hench's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Woodson to go before the end of the week?

James D

Team over unders this year in vegas. Philly lowest 16.5 suns next 21.5 then magic 24.5

Philly considerably worse then any other roster in league. They are 15-37 which is actually great LOL.
    If I remember right they started 3-0 with a win vs the heat, bulls, and wizards. Were 4-2 before reality set in.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/tal...erunder-win-t/

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    Woodson to go before the end of the week?
    Knicks a whole other subject. I think the players are dysfunctional. Everyone aging... injuries... personalities don't really jive together. Bunch of babies during crunch time of a game.

TheMoneyShot

Watching the LA Clippers 76ers game on the Philly Feed. LOL Anyone else listening to these 2 dudes? Sounds like you're at a funeral. Everyone so quiet.

TheMoneyShot

And who set the total at 220.5 on this game?

James D

I am watching clips feed, they are having lots of fun with it.

LosDoyers
    LosDoyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

No excuse to perform like this. If I was the owner of the team... fired immediately. Maybe even during this game. Why do I pay for the NBA League Pass to watch this junk for?
    Are you joking? The Sixers have straight up said their plan is to tank this year without actually saying the words into a microphone.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by LosDoyers View Post
    Are you joking? The Sixers have straight up said their plan is to tank this year without actually saying the words into a microphone.
    not bad for a rookie

i see this kid doing big things at SBR

welcome to the board Doyer!

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Is anyone ever going to realize Josh Smith is an absolute poison to otherwise solid basketball teams?

I used to love fading Atlanta... now its Detroit

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone named "Maurice Cheeks" should be fired.

Maurice change your first name to "Butt" and become a traveling comedian.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

so everything in the world including sports is "apples to apples" now? everyone plays by the same rules? one franchise becomes "disenfranchised" with their own coach so another franchise has to do the same? the pistons and sixers have exactly the same dynamics going on in their franchises which dictates that they must do the same thing?

hmmmm, what world do you live in again?

grindtime34
    grindtime34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Josh Smith is not the best guy to pay big money

But lets be honest, the roster construction of this team is absolutely horrible. If you are going to shed out money, at least have a general idea of how a roster fits together. Somebody has to be able to shoot. Your two best players were already big guys. Signing Josh Smith is a horrible idea if your two best players are Drummond and Monroe who can't spread the floor. Now you want to stick a guy at the 3 who can't shoot a jumper, but loves to shoot jumpers. Horrible idea. Smith is a power forward. You can not play him with two other guys who need to be in the paint. He has the ability to be a game changer if the right coach could reign him in. A game changer at the 4 though, not the 3.

Then there is Jennings. That was a great signing that just went wrong. Who could have possibly known that he would be an undersized inefficient chunker who can't guard anybody? Oh yeah, thats right, he has always been that. He hit the 40% mark from the field ONE TIME in his career. Jennings had a career year in 11-12 when he hit a blistering 41.8% of his shots from the field.

Dumars lost his damn mind a long time ago

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I cannot believe how bad Philly is, Doug Collins knew to get out of their.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

Isn't Milwaukee worse???

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    76ers don't have good players on their roster. Pistons do.
    Really? Where? Are you considering Jennings and Smith good players?
    Would you take either of them over MCW??
    I'd take the Sixers team over the Pistons right now easilly.
    Pistons will be in shambles for years, have no upside whatsoever with what they are stuck with now.
    Sixers are building at least.
    I would guess the Sixers have the cap room to get a big name, if they could only attract them to go there somehow. That's the problem in the NBA.
    All the little teams have zero chance to sign free agents because of how Stern controls every fukkin thing in this league.

Sixers coach has done a great job this year.
    Let's not forget the team total for wins was like 17, which they already have by the all-star break.
    They should tank a little in the 2nd half to get a good pick next year though.

TheMoneyShot

Again... I ask you... why is this worthless POS 76ers coach not fired? He's a garbage man at best. I don't care how young your team is... you don't get blown out by 40+ points back to back nights in the NBA.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

All the top 10 teams in college would give this 76era team a run for their money

LosDoyers
    LosDoyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Again... I ask you... why is this worthless POS 76ers coach not fired? He's a garbage man at best. I don't care how young your team is... you don't get blown out by 40+ points back to back nights in the NBA.
    Again, I'm telling you, Google "tanking". I swear, if people don't understand why a team with a 1st year coach and 1st year GM decides to get rid of their entire team and let their injured first round pick center/centerpiece sit the whole... then why are you gambling?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Vinnie Del Negro, Lionel Hollins, and George Karl is still available.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    so everything in the world including sports is "apples to apples" now? everyone plays by the same rules? one franchise becomes "disenfranchised" with their own coach so another franchise has to do the same? the pistons and sixers have exactly the same dynamics going on in their franchises which dictates that they must do the same thing?

hmmmm, what world do you live in again?
    i was a little harsh here but rather than edit it i'll leave it up as exhibit a of how not to talk to people. The point i was trying to make is that you cannot make parallels between the two situations.

btw the effort u saw from the pistons tonight is what youll see for the rest of the season

James D

Money this team is GARBAGE, they are overachieving this year. They are 15-38 and need to win 2 of their last 29 games to go over the win total (16.5) set for them this year in Nevada and offshore.