ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

Timberwolves @ Bulls

SORRY FOR THE BAD GRAMMER. I AM 9-7 -1.67 OVERALL. THIS PLAY IS FOR 2U

The odds-makers have the fast paced Minnesota T-Wolves favored by just two and half points on the road tonight at the United Center. That's v.s. the defensive minded Chicago Bulls whose only allowed 100 points once in their last 5 home games (twice if you want to count that OT Win vs the Lakers). Keep in mind though that Minnesota is just 1-9 this year when scoring FEWER than 100 points. I think these odds-makers are making Minnesota almost a three point favorite based on their current 2-1 road trip where they're averaging over 112 points and 102 points in their last 5 road games. Notice how all those west coast games totals are outrageously high? Yeah, that's why in the T-Wolves last three road games they are averaging 112 points a game. Beating out Utah and Golden State before losing to Portland. Their previous two road games were back on the other side of the Mississippi river, where in both match-ups they failed to score 90 points. Reason half being (in my opinion) is cause K.Love failed to score over 16 points in those two match-ups, plus has only been able to hit 50% of his shots once in his last five games, or twice in his last seven. He did tweak his ankle the other day, although I read he'll be a go for tonight's games. He is racking in over 32 minutes per road game, but hasn't been able to get off more than 7 shots per game since December of last year. I don't see Chicago having a problem holding him to seven shots or fewer in tonight's match-up. Expect Boozer (who should be back tonight), to guard Love in some situations. Speaking of Boozer, he has scored double figure in each of his last 10 games, so hopefully he can get back at it. If not his defense will provide help. The bulls who have four of their last five, and are 10-3 in the month of January - have a great spark building up in D.J. Augustin whose averaging just over 20 points in his past 7 games while dishing out about 6 assists per game, has been key to why the Bulls are having such a great January. I honestly like him more the scoreless Kirk, ha! This Chicago team is better than you think (after losing Deng), because of their tough defensive mindset and from what I've seen strong in the post play. Noah recorded his 19 double double v.s Charlotte and his grabbing rebounds left and right, having grabbed 10 or more boards in a career high 16 consecutive games. Anyways, as I said before, the T-Wolves are 2-1 on their current road tip, but have not won three games on the same road tip since 2005. Also remember how I mentioned the Wolves are 1-9 when scoring fewer than 100pts? Ya the Bulls are 17-5 when allowing under than 90pts this season. High paced offense who collides with a powerful defensive minded team that has no problem contending and forcing points on their home turf. Keep in mind the Timberwolves are 1-7 ATS in the last 8 meetings. Take the +2.5.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I don't know how to feel about this game. Thought at first to take the Bulls.

Love is obviously better than Boozer. But with Taj in there, he can stick around with Love and like to bang like Love. Boozer will get eaten alive by him.

Pekovic is a big boy too. And pretty damn good on offense. I just think Joakims motor and always being involved in the offense will wear him out.

Martin with Butler on him? Unless Martin is on fire and knocking down everything, should be a wash.
    Brewer could be too much quickness for Dunleavy, but if he is, bring in Snell.
    Rubio vs DJ - ehh

I'm likely laying off, maybe take bulls in a teaser. Bulls really don't have that player that can catch fire and drop 30-40 like the T-wolves (love/martin) But if Bulls play the guys that can guard them, then who knows.

Hopefully it's a good game.
    GL

intriguing
    intriguing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2730

Under !

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10327

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    I don't know how to feel about this game. Thought at first to take the Bulls.

Love is obviously better than Boozer. But with Taj in there, he can stick around with Love and like to bang like Love. Boozer will get eaten alive by him.

Pekovic is a big boy too. And pretty damn good on offense. I just think Joakims motor and always being involved in the offense will wear him out.

Martin with Butler on him? Unless Martin is on fire and knocking down everything, should be a wash.
    Brewer could be too much quickness for Dunleavy, but if he is, bring in Snell.
    Rubio vs DJ - ehh

I'm likely laying off, maybe take bulls in a teaser. Bulls really don't have that player that can catch fire and drop 30-40 like the T-wolves (love/martin) But if Bulls play the guys that can guard them, then who knows.

Hopefully it's a good game.
    GL
    I like teaser of OKc and bulls as well, GL

reesp18
    reesp18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1469

Under definitely seems like the play, 196 just seems too high, about 6 points too high. I think as long as their is some D in this, it stays under. I could see Chi +2.5 covering too GL