ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

3 Friday NBA Write-Ups

I AM NEW TO POSTING THREADS. SORRY ABOUT THE GRAMMAR. I AM 5-2 +1.33 ON SBR.
    Due to request, I have under-case write ups for you...

Has anyone noticed L.A is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games, which have all been on the road? Well... the Lakers surely lived up the exceptions at Miami and covered the spread, now they're a one point dog vs the Magic. They don't have to travel far, so I'm not considering that too much when placing my wager...but what I am impressed with is that L.A. has scored over 100 points in each and every game on their road tip which hit 5 games with the loss to Miami. L.A. is averaging just a little over 109 points on this trip, which I feel decent about cause Orlando is averaging slightly over 99 points during their last 3 home games. (105 avg last 5 but that includes an overtime loss to Chicago)...and because Orlando putting up impressive points for a team that's 11-32 is one reason why the line is so small. Another reason I see why the line is practically a pick 'em is because both these teams contend to the last minute. Looking over each teams last three games (Away for LA, Home for Orl) Neither team got blown out by more than ten points. The number would be 8 for both, but Orl lost to Char by 10 just 7 days ago. The over looks temping here cause of the number both teams have been putting up lately, but when I saw the over is 1-8 in the last 9 matches, I backed off. The magic are truly missing their big man, 1-14 in games w/o him this season. They've also gone to a smaller line up with Jameer Nelson, Victor Oladilpo and Arron Afflalo in the back-court, which put up noticeable points on the stat sheet vs ATL, but can they do that again? (47 pts). Jodie Meeks, the rookie Ryan Kelly who can shoot a three better than Jameer Nelson in my opinion, and Nick Young are really making names for themself in this Lakers line up. Nick Young is averaging over 26 points in his 3 games since his 1 game suspension. Gasol's defense isn't too shiny, playing the worst he can right now I think, so he can only get better. I think he steps in up vs Orl, honestly. But can't give Pau too much crap cause he's scored 20pts in 6 games straight. Can't expect too much from L.A as they've only won 2 of their last 8 road games, but I do like the fact L.A has Covered the spread in all of their CURRENT road tip, going to face Orl whose dropped 12 of their last 13.

Usually when 'TRAP' games arise, I'm on the other side. Something screams out to me on this game, and it's the low line. Brooklyn playing some good ball lately, is the favorite by two points tonight. Seems a little low, but the only thing telling me why is because Dirk is back in Dallas' line up. Oh also, Pierce missed practice do to 'illness', so I guess that could be why. Anyway, Dallas almost came away with a win at Toronto but fell short cause of what Vince Carter said himself "I think we just have to zero in on staying focused, staying the course and continuing to do what got us to that point,” Carter said after the loss. “I think that sometimes we get comfortable and we’re still learning how to win. It’s very frustrating. This is a game that we should have won regardless of if Dirk was on the floor or not.” Get too comfortable? Well that doesn't help given that Dallas is 0-4 ATS vs the Atlantic this year. (And that Brooklyn is 6-0 L6 Home games straight up) Dallas has allowed an ugly avg of 110.6 points in their last 5 games overall, while the Nets D has allowed just 94.2 in their last 5. Don't expect this game to be like when Brooklyn played the Knicks, where they came out firing in the first Q. Dallas usually comes out firing averaging over 31 points in their last five games in the first quarter, but like Vince Carter said, they get too comfortable and have trouble staying focused. I think they'll have even more trouble trying to keep the ball out of Joe Johnson's hands. And other's too as Brookyln has a great bench, which I personally think Jason Kidd takes great advantage of. Watch out for big man Andray Balatche of Brooklyn, dude has been putting in over 24 minutes in the last 3 games and is averaging 19 points in those games. I also think Dallas relies on Monta Ellis too much, and with Brooklyn having the depth that they do, I don't see him getting over 25 points. Close match up here, but I think Brooklyn get's it done at home by a few points.

When Washington beat Miami, I'll admit -- it impressed me. But that was over a week ago, and everybody moved on. Then three days later, Washington allowed Detroit to drop 100 on them. Embarrassing! Anyways, I think this line is 'low' for one reason, Washington's last four games overall they're scoring just over 103 points, but they've all been at home. Their first road game in 10 days, they travel to the red hot Phoenix Suns who just scored a season high in team points when they made Indiana look embarrassed. Not red hot you say? Phx is averaging 117.25 points in their last four games overall! Keep in mind they are also 15-6 at home this season. Keep what Phx is averaging at home in their last few games in mind when I tell you Washington is averaging just 91.75 points in their last four road games, with the highest points scored being 102pt which still isn't enough is they want to compete vs this Phx team who appear to find the winning formula again, winning four out of their last five games. Phx is just playing good ball and I like them tonight so i'm doubling up on this pick. grab the 3 or 3 1/2 while you can

Last edited by ChicagoCover; 01-24-14 at 04:13 AM. Reason: edited at 4;13 am CT..posting the time so i'm not accused of cheating
    Points Awarded:

boydako13 gave ChicagoCover 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gottimhimmel

Spudymatt
    Spudymatt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 998

Mate that is a dead set legendary breakdown of 3 games I was unsure about.
    Best of luck to you and keep it coming

P.S What are your thoughts of Bobcats in NY? The injuries have to beat Hurting the Knicks, So Cats +3.5 has to be a safe bet?

Cheers

Catch77
    Catch77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1804

Great writeup! Gl on your plays. Like the PHX pick

boydako13
    boydako13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1572

Tailing u on nets & lak/orl over..thanks..BOL!
    Points Awarded:

Jikos gave boydako13 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Whoops wrong thread lol

boydako13
    boydako13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1572

Lol!!

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'

Quote Originally Posted by boydako13 View Post
    Tailing u on nets & lak/orl over..thanks..BOL!
    I'm not on the over, I'm on the lakers +1

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

The 3 games that you've picked has "T-R-A-P" written all over it.

RLM on these games. The money are pouring on these 3, and yet the line keeps going the opposite way.

Good luck on your plays though...

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'

Quote Originally Posted by Gopi-1 View Post
    The 3 games that you've picked has "T-R-A-P" written all over it.

RLM on these games. The money are pouring on these 3, and yet the line keeps going the opposite way.

Good luck on your plays though...

I know! ): guess that's the perks of picking games in the A.M hours!

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'

Can't win every night. Sorry gang. 0-3 -4u

5-5 -2.67

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCover View Post
    Can't win every night. Sorry gang. 0-3 -4u

5-5 -2.67

You're a bigger man than I thought, owning up to your losses in a jiffy, that says a lot about you!

Get 'em back tomorrow!

ithinkiamgood
    ithinkiamgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3411

Shake it off and get back on the grind , what you taking tomorrow?