easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

The L.A Clippers are my early favorites to win the West

lets first look at the other teams in the west who are considered "contenders"

Portland- lack of defense they might make a run in the future but this isn't the year

OKC-Westbrook's health is a question mark, and even though their a great home team they look very vulnerable at times and I don't think they can win a road playoff game against one of the other top teams

Houston-first year of Harden and Howard playing together they need time to settle down and they will need another year before their ready to make a run, this team might not even win a playoff series. Would be shocked if they get past 2nd rund

Golden State-jump shooting team that plays no defense, if their shots aren't falling their not beating anyone. Once again they probably don't get out of first round

San Antonio-realistically only other team I think that has a chance in the West. aging stars yet they continue making adjustments and bringing in solid role players.. I don't think they will get 1st in the west as Pop will likely rest starters later in the season.

LAC- get your futures in now before books adjust when Chris Paul returns. Blake Griffin playing a whole lot better, great shooter and Reddick, solid coach in Rivers and its about time Paul takes the next step. Also even though their has been no mention of it they have just signed Hedo Turkoglu whose a solid veteran being in the league 10+ years and has the playoff experience and guy was once a great ball handler for a big man and can still knock down a big shot when needed No doubt he will make an impact in the playoffs. This to me seems like the team that will be making a run and start clicking on all cylinders by playoff time.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

only two real choices to win the west, okc and san antonio, with okc ahead all other western conference teams

nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7160

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3415/
    here is the reason why they not will win anything..

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

I see it like this.

Spurs
    Clippers
    Rockets
    OKC
    Portland

top 5 seeds right there^ and in order to finish the western conference in seeding.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

OKC would be my pick but Clippers would be 2nd.

We are probably underestimating San Antonio again though. lol.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

indy the beast of the east and beats the west winner

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

as long as they don't face memphis, they have a chance.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

only way OKC has a chance is if they finish with the 1st seed and get homecourt throughout

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

West is wide open. Doesn't really matter though. NBA will be same story as NFL. The real finals will be the eastern conference finals when Indy plays Miami. Whoever wins the East wins it all. But yes, great value on Clipps. Only thing I'd worry a little about is them losing ground with Paul out and not securing home court. Going to be hard to run the table out West without homecourt.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    I see it like this.

Spurs
    Clippers
    Rockets
    OKC
    Portland

top 5 seeds right there^ and in order to finish the western conference in seeding.
    THUNDER 4th seed?

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

dont like the clipps at all, worst out of all 'elite' teams in the nba

they are missing something which i cant quite pinpoint, maybe because they dont have a team leader, a lebron, a kobe, an mj, kd, dirk etc etc

not very different from teams like nuggets, phoenix etc

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by sportsmushroom View Post
    dont like the clipps at all, worst out of all 'elite' teams in the nba

they are missing something which i cant quite pinpoint, maybe because they dont have a team leader, a lebron, a kobe, an mj, kd, dirk etc etc

not very different from teams like nuggets, phoenix etc
    their better than the rockets....outside of the rockets the only solid wins the clips got is 1 against the thunder and and 1 against the spurs....ill believe it when they can beat the top 3 regularly in both the east and west