Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

To add, the funny part of the video is when you see the Hawks players reacting on the bench.....coach Mike Fratello would fine those players for their reaction!

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

larry=greatest passer in the history of the game. Possibly the greatest shooter ever also.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Yeah, so was Babe Ruth.

Unreal.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Half os his era overlapped with MJ, so it's strange to say he was a different era from MJ. Jordan joined the league only 5 years after Bird. There are different ways to skin a cat. That he wasn't a superior athlete doesn't change what he accomplished on the court.
    Sorry, I meant you can't compare him with Kobe and Lebron......didn't mean MJ...my bad.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

greatest shooter ever?? why is he better shooter then maravich or george gervin

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

kobe is def a better all around player and lebron is better..i said as a pure scorer bird was unreal

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

He averaged 10 rebounds, 6.3 assists, 1.7 steals and 0.8 blocks. Bryant is 5.3, 4.8, 1.5 and 0.5. Bird averaged higher in every single category. The only category Bryant is higher is PPG by 1.2 points but Bird shot almost 50% while Bryant is 45%.
    YUP
    Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Larry Bird was great!

YUP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post

This.

Bird made everyone around him better. Kobe demanded you were better and if you weren't, you got shipped out of LA.

Bird was the definition of team player. Kobe can't spell team.

No question that Kobe is an all-time great, not debating that. However, he's an elite scorer and does everything OK. Bird was a great rebounder, had great court vision (just like Magic) and had the innate ability to know what was going to happen before it did. Kind of like Gretzky.
    YUP

Quote Originally Posted by tigerblood2007 View Post

1) Hard to overrate a 3 time in a row MVP.
    2) Magic did NOT turn the league by himself, that's silly.
    3) Lakers had HOFers at each position too and BETTER players than Bird had.
    YUP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gambler View Post

Larry was great..winner also

YUP

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Is Larry Bird overrated you say? Is a random act of kindness by a complete stranger overrated? Maybe you believe the very first words uttered by a toddler to the delight of her parents to be overrated. Perhaps a cold lemonade underneath the shade of a willowy oak tree on a hot summer's day is overrated. Or finally, the coquettish grin of a blonde haired blue eyed honey that you swore wouldn't look in your direction sends your pulse racing and dries your throat.

Overrated, well maybe to you but to me I'd say Larry Bird was about the most handsome brand of ugly I've ever seen both in appearance and style on the hardwood. Overrated you suggest - blasphemy I cry!
    Beatifully said....

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Underrated.
    YUP

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    One of the greatest ever and a perfect foil to the Showtime era Lakers. Also one of the top trash talkers of all time.
    YUP

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Anyone who said yes needs to stop watching sports because you are mentally fukking retarded.

He'd be as good today as he was in his prime.
    YUP

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Bird may have been the worst white player to ever play the game.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

kevin durant

312's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    was a bad athlete..coulnt run worth the crap
    only a very special kind of moron would say something like that, Bad Athlete? towards the end of Birds career he played with back problems that would end peoples careers. the guy was a workhorse..

RTJR
    RTJR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1609

I don't think so. His stats speak for themselves.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Bird was not a bad athlete when healthy could get about a foot and a half above the rim I remember one play where even though he got dunked on by Dr. J he had was way above the rim going for the block

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Bird was way overrated. He was a good player for sure but he gets a lot of credit for helping turn the league around but in reality magic did that all by himself. Those boston teams had a hofer at evry spot.
    If anything, given his will to win, intangibles, drive, underrated passing ability and chronic bad back, Bird was underrated.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Hero to white nba fans though.
    Seriously, what's happening to you?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Anyone who said yes needs to stop watching sports because you are mentally fukking retarded.

He'd be as good today as he was in his prime.
    Actually, given the collective IQ of NBA players today, he'd be better.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Bird was great.

Bird and Bill Laimbeer and Chris Mullen my top 3 white players i liked to watch. Well Laimbeer wasn't great but he use to penetrate everybody up lol

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

The night McKale scored 56, as he was approaching the all-time single game Celtic record, BIRD was feeding him,
    making sure he got looks.

I believe 2 weeks later he went out and got 60. I always thought he did that just to prove he could, not to
    "Gorilla" chest thump as so many others would have.

Forget about comparing LB to Magic, LBJ, MJ. How about anyone who actually played his position?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    This.

Bird made everyone around him better. Kobe demanded you were better and if you weren't, you got shipped out of LA.

Bird was the definition of team player. Kobe can't spell team.

No question that Kobe is an all-time great, not debating that. However, he's an elite scorer and does everything OK. Bird was a great rebounder, had great court vision (just like Magic) and had the innate ability to know what was going to happen before it did. Kind of like Gretzky.
    Excellent analogy. Bird was really another oscar robertson, Lebron type player...elevated the play of his entire team...and he did not look it...u didn't realize it because he was very invisible on the court...u couldn't predict his passes...he looked like he was asleep...next thing u kno...its 10 boards, 8 assists on 25 pts and 4 steals...and u could not even remember him scoring...people still think he is overrated...because people are only now beginning to understand what kind of player he was....he didn't score 50 thousand pts...so people think he hasn't earned his rep..but the guy won 3 straight mvp's...in 13 years in the league...and he went to college...Kobe's got a bazillion pts...with 1 mvp...and he skipped college...thats an indictment right there...

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Bird was great. Some of these guys are probably too hound to even have seen him play. Different game back then too. Physical as hell. You could grab a guy and throw him into the stands and the refs would yell "play on!" It was like this baby shit today. People actually played defense back then.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Birds style of dribbling would cause the other team to make so many fouls if he played now adays; he would be at the line shooting 40 free-throws a game

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

He was definitely special even though I hated the Celtics

First 12