SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawks +2½ vs Kings

Hawks +2½ vs Kings

Game Time: 3/19/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Cincinnati Kid
    http://www.playbook.com

Looking to atone for a pair of embarrassing 20+ point losses, play the Atlanta Hawks tonight at home against the Sacramento Kings.

The Hawks have been flat-out embarrassed in their last two outings, losing by more than in back-to-back games.

Thus far in 2006, NBA teams off straight up losses of 14 or more in back-to-back games are 8-1 against the spread versus foes off a double-digit straight up win. Digging further, if you bring a team to the floor with a win-loss percentage of less .400 vs. a foe off any straight up win, they stand 16-5 and 13-3 as Dogs - with a few different 8-0 & 7-0's.

The Hawks will show a keen eye tonight.

Play: Hawks +2½

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta +2½ vs Sacramento

Game Time: 3/19/2007 7:00:00 PM
    By: Lenny Del Genio
    http://www.touthouse.com

The home dogs are the right play this evening when the Atlanta Hawks host the Sacramento Kings at Phillips Arena.

The Kings ended a five-game losing streak by beating the Magic on Saturday night, 95-83. The team now heads to Atlanta where they have won seven straight, outscoring the Hawks by an average of 106.4 to 92.1.

Sacramento, despite having one of the league's best defensive players in Ron Artest, has not played well defensively this year, allowing 101.5 per game. The Hawks are still without leading scorer Joe Johnson (25.0) and after winning four straight, have lost two in a row, by a combined 44 points! However, the four wins were all at home, so I believe the Hawks have a chance here.

The Kings' seven-game (year) winning streak isn't all that significant, as during that time they were a regular playoff team and the Hawks one of the league's worst teams. Now, both teams are non-playoff teams and I just don't see why one should be laying points on the road with the Kings, a team that's just 11-23 straight up on the year away from Arco Arena. Take the home underdog Hawks.

Play: Hawks +2½

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I know 3 things atlanta is 1-9 straight up in the last 10 games vs sacramento. Atlanta lead scorer is out. Sacramento has a full healthy roster tonight.

I say screw this game play the under if any play.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I could even consider playing this game is the Kings. The problem is I can't find enough value in order to play them.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Hawks +3 looks like a real solid play.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I have ATL +3 myself. But I have been getting killed in basketball the past 2 weeks so take it for what its worth.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I have +3.5 with the Hawks. Got to like that 3rd quarter start.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow.

Big red flag game on Sacto.

They lose a couple at home, then face a 5 game road trip.

They begin with a blowout loss, then play hard for three games, finally winning the third of those.

Is that good enough for them, or are they strong enough to fight through in game 5 and compete against another weak team?

Got your answer, and it's not pretty.

I like it personally

but it seems like a pretty good sign that Sacto is about finished for the year.

If it holds, that is.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

This has to make it official for the Kings packing it in for the season. 25-6 in the 3rd thus far. My god.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by AC1318 View Post
    I know 3 things atlanta is 1-9 straight up in the last 10 games vs sacramento. Atlanta lead scorer is out. Sacramento has a full healthy roster tonight.

I say screw this game play the under if any play.
    should have played that under