Flopa3
    Flopa3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hello, I have been following this thread for about a week now. DuncHen22 you have had some great picks. The NHL worked out great tonight.

Thanks

Wind gara
    Wind gara's Avatar Become A Pro!

damm i really messed up. guess i should have followed you to the point when you said mil -2 Only(didnt think 3 would be much!!!!Q)

oh well got over and saints in nfl game. and pats -3 in the 2nd 1/2

Wind gara

oh son of a ...... how do you miss a 37 yard fg.

DuncHen22
    DuncHen22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, once again my system could not be budged off it's call. It only liked the Bucks at -2 so I took it last night when it opened at that, which gave me a push. Always better than a loss though.

CHI v MIL OVER 195 WIN
    PHI V DAL OVER 200WIN
    IND V GS UNDER 228LOSS
    MEM V UTA UNDER 197.5 LOSS
    MIL -2 (vs CHI) PUSH
    DAL -9.5 (buy 1pt) (vs PHI) LOSS

And 3 NHL games:

WAS (V CAR) WIN
    ATL (V FLOR)WIN
    BUF (V TOR)WIN

NHL really helped me out today. 3-0! 2-2 on my O/U and 0-1-1 on my NBA calls. Picks coming soon, though I'll warn you there are no straight picks. just a 3-team 7pt teaser at best, then a few O/Us I'll try out again.

DuncHen22

NBA:
    Straight up wins: Denver, Lakers, Portland, Phoenix

7pt Teaser:
    -Portland (0)
    -Phoenix (0)
    -Wizards (+14)

O/U:
    Boston - o-178.5
    Denver - u-233.5
    Portland - o-185

NHL:
    Montreal (vs Toronto)
    Chicago (vs Columbus)
    San Jose (vs Ottawa)

GL!

Time2Score
    NHL: Minnesota Wild ML
    Time2Score's Avatar Become A Pro!

Damn bucks screwed me over, he just had to miss that free throw to miss the tie...

TallAzCrowe
    Bring on Spring Training!!!
    TallAzCrowe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Well the Saints looked strong and NE may never punt again...WTF Bill, put the pts on the board! Nice NHL day though, system looks like it neeeds more anaylsis for the o/u's. Keep up the solid plays DH and I will keep checking in.

DuncHen22

Yeah I was really hoping he'd hit both FTs to get the win for me. I'm just glad he hit one though otherwise I wouldve lost the o/u and the spread.

As for by o/u system: yeah it needs a little work but after backtesting it on all the teams this season it was 60% on 134 games, so I have a good baseline. I just need to work with that.

jdhender
    jdhender's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

well done on those nhl picks

DuncHen22

Wow anyone know what happened to the Suns? Or are the losing teams just sick of losing?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by DuncHen22 View Post
    Wow anyone know what happened to the Suns? Or are the losing teams just sick of losing?
    Looking ahead to the Cavs game. Happens more than people think in the NBA. They didnt take the Knicks seriously, and getting ready for the Cavs.

Wind gara

ya and me being idiot picked them over boston(almost called it) then my dumb friend goes on some stat like pho blows out opponents 70% of the time after 1 game of rest or some crap.

at least i still have my parley with boston game being over . and heat game 110 out of 185 in the 1/2 half. so assuming they dont pull a donkey and not score 75 in the 2nd 1/2 i get my parley.

good thing i didnt touch denver game and under

DuncHen22

Not my best day. 1-2 on my teaser teams. 2-1 on the O/U and 2-1 on NHL ain't bad though.

Picks for tomorrow:
    Dallas -7 (vs NJ)
    OKC -6 (vs PHI)

OKC game makes me a bit nervous though. You can use the same logic Houlihans and say OKC is focusing on the Boston game on 12/4. 76ers are on a 7 game losing streak so they have more to fight for.

PHO +11 (buy 4) (vs CLE)

I like this pick if what Houlihans said is true. After tonight's showing, they should be ready.

ORL -7.5(buy 6) (vs NY)

That is what my system put this game at but you can probably afford a bigger spread since NY put all their effort into tonight's game and now they have to travel down to Orlando. If you don't want to go against the system then this is an extremely strong teaser play.

O/Us:
    TOR-ATL u-213.5
    DAL-NJ o-188.5
    IND-SAC u-217

There may be one more play but I'm not sure yet so I'll hold off. I haven't looked into NHL games yet.
    Last edited by DuncHen22; 12-02-09 at 08:57 AM.

Wind gara

dont you think dal game could be a trap? nj suxs but they are bound to win A game.(harris vs his former team)
    i like over 188.5 in that game.

indy /sac both high scoring as well tor-atl. i am haveing shity luck with under picks lately. phily just suxs but is ai back in time???

bucks vs wiz o 196.5 looks good too.

polsefest
    polsefest's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 572

No, I don't think they are bound to win a game. j/k not at least past these next 2 games. Dallas just played a close game after a loss, they are due for a double digit victory even though its on the road. I also like OKC, that one seems like the trap. think I might parlay them anyway.

rick_213
    rick_213's Avatar Become A Pro!

you sure Dunchen about Phoenix even though Barbosa is out?

rick_213

not to be a hater but can anyone confirm that Dunchen's record is valid? If that is, that is a pretty impressive run!!

DuncHen22

I'll have to look into Phoenix a little more, then get back to you. As for my record, all you have to do is go back to the beginning of this thread. I started this thread after a 6-1 start, so anything on my record since then is posted on here. So I believe I am 23-12 since the start of this thread in NBA.

And just remember I'm posting what my system is calling. You guys have to decide whether or not it is good based on other variables (injuries, new players, etc). Don't just blindly follow my picks.

Thanks and GL!

OperatorX
    OperatorX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 447

good picks last night, I tailed your winning basketball O/U's.. teaser didn't cash but who is gonna guess that NY is gonna beat phoenix.. and with the leafs playing like they do this season its a pretty big upset win for them too.

DuncHen22

After a little more research I'm taking the Raptors-Hawks o/u off. My o/u system indicates it will be under but considering Toronto has allowed 100+ pts in their past 10 games, and 14 of their 19 games this season, I can easily see a 115-105 game playing out here.

As for the Suns game, it may be risky but I'm sticking with that analysis. I'll put in some extra cushion by changing it to PHO +11(buy 4pts). Barbosa is good but he isn't exactly a game-changer for the Suns. They can play well without him. I think they've corrected their problems from last night and will try to push the pace against Shaq and the Cavs.

NHL:
    BOS (vs TB)
    NJ (vs VAN)
    Last edited by DuncHen22; 12-02-09 at 08:57 AM.

mwalsh6190
    changed sbrchat because of me!!
    mwalsh6190's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry i might have missed this in one of your earlier posts, but when you do NHL are you doing the spread or moneyline?

DuncHen22

I take the Moneyline. Spreads are hard to pick in NHL. I only do it if I see a an extremely lopsided matchup. I'll let you know if I'm taking it ATS.

By the way, I must alert you guys of this NCAAB pick:

WASH. ST +12.5 (VS GONZAGA)

This isn't based on my system but it is a very strong bet. WSU isn't too far from Spokane so they'll travel well, and WSU has a 6-0 record after winning the Great Alaska Shootout. What's more, their new coach (Ken Bone) is the former Portland State coach who upset the Bulldogs last year in Spokane 77-70. Mark Few won't be caught off guard this time and will be much better prepared, which is why I'm not calling for the full-on upset. But with a better team under his wing, it will definitely be a fight.

mwalsh6190

Going with you on the Wash st pick also, good luck DuncHen

Time2Score

DH liking all your picks today man! Keep up the good work too I got a question...do you have a system for 1H lines? I'm unable to buy points through the person I play through so sometimes it bites me in the ass when i take it ATS instead of ATS + points. Thanks

DuncHen22

Sorry, I don't have a system for 1H lines because I don't know where to get data for that. If you can point me to some data logs (even if it's just this year) of 1H lines and outcomes I could work on it. I'm always looking to diversify.

P.S. Suns aren't looking so hot again. I think something is going on with them and I'm going to stay away from them until they figure it out.

rick_213

Hey DuncHen22, you are pretty good! Too bad we didn't get Phoenix, but I guess I should have remembered Phoenix on a back to back, should override the fact that they got killed by NY.

So do you have any more picks for the evening games in NBA, you mentioned you may have one more in store, you still liking the under for th IND/SAC game??

Wind gara

tx duncan.

took okc and over in dal vs nj game. covered the parley. tx bro.

DuncHen22

Hey rick sorry I didn't get back to you in time. I was too nervous to call any other game but I'm content with my record thus far tonight. Not that it matters now, but yes I was (and still am) confident in the IND/SAC under.

Anyone see the 'Zags game? Beautiful! Great job going with me on that walsh (and anyone else)! Cheers!

I'll be back to post some picks a little after the last game is over.

DuncHen22

7-2 overall tonight! 5-1 NBA, 1-1 NHL, 1-0 NCAAB. I'm happy with that.
    I haven't seen the Houston-Golden State lines yet and since that is 33% of all the games tomorrow, I wanted to wait. Plus I didn't see anything I really liked in the first two games (Boston is a very weak play, I'd stay away from that one if I were you). A lot of NHL games to play though, if you are interested in that. My system is calling 8 NHL games, but I'm trying to pare that down as I am not confident in my system to go 8-0.

Here is a great pick for you now though:

U. of Washington vs Texas Tech, TT +3

This, coming from a Seattle native and big Huskies fan. UW is ranked 17th right now but they definitely have not proved it. They have had many close calls against not so great teams, even nearly losing at home to the University of Montana (my alma mater) but pulling off the win in the very last minute. They are 5-0 but it’s a weak 5-0 (in fact, they are only 1-4 ATS). And don’t forget that Texas Tech is undefeated as well, at 7-0. I already locked in my spread bet in case people started favoring TT, but if it stays the same when the moneylines open up, I may have to bet on TT straight up as well.

Good Luck!

DuncHen22

---

DuncHen22

Nhl (order of strength):
    washington
    san jose
    atlanta
    dallas

nba:
    Bos-sa: over 186.5

nfl:
    jets (su) (vs buf)

ncaab:
    texas tech (+3) (vs u. Of wash)

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

not to scare ya off yer O/U pick but saw this and figured i'd share....

"Play on the Under 186.5 - Four of the Celtics last five road games against a team with a winning home record have gone under the total and four of the Spurs last five games have gone under the posted total when they have failed to cover the spread in their previous game. Look for both teams to slow the tempo of this game down Thursday night so take the Under as your free play for Thursday."

"Bottom Line: Boston is 19-5 Under in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. These games are averaging just 181.9 total points. Both teams come in riding five-game winning streaks, and I expect a defensive battle from a pair of teams that pride themselves on defense in what could be a Finals preview. Lastly, plays Under on all teams where the total is between 180 and 189.5 points (SAN ANTONIO) - a good team (60% to 75%) playing a team with a winning record, in December games, are 47-15 the last 5 seasons. Bet the Under."

mwalsh6190

Liking the Hockey picks. With you on Texas Tech also

maseda17
    maseda17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

LOL at Spurs being a potential finals preview

Time2Score

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    not to scare ya off yer O/U pick but saw this and figured i'd share....

"Play on the Under 186.5 - Four of the Celtics last five road games against a team with a winning home record have gone under the total and four of the Spurs last five games have gone under the posted total when they have failed to cover the spread in their previous game. Look for both teams to slow the tempo of this game down Thursday night so take the Under as your free play for Thursday."

"Bottom Line: Boston is 19-5 Under in road games when playing against a team with a winning record over the last 2 seasons. These games are averaging just 181.9 total points. Both teams come in riding five-game winning streaks, and I expect a defensive battle from a pair of teams that pride themselves on defense in what could be a Finals preview. Lastly, plays Under on all teams where the total is between 180 and 189.5 points (SAN ANTONIO) - a good team (60% to 75%) playing a team with a winning record, in December games, are 47-15 the last 5 seasons. Bet the Under."
    I like your explanation on this, but both teams are also good on conducting offense in which they try to get the best possible shot off. If Boston chokes up and doesn't put up points I can see the spurs just straight up pounding 100+ down their throats. Likewise for the spurs too. Not saying your stats are wrong, but I also think we should take into consideration that Boston is finally starting to play real basketball, and not that crap they started the season off with. Good Luck everyone!

First 123456 ... Last