BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Cavs Acquire Luol Deng

See ya Bynum

3 Draft picks and rights to trade 2015 draft pick (1st-rd'er)

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

is this a fortune cookie prediction or real?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    is this a fortune cookie prediction or real?

Real espn reporting it too

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bulls version of tanking the season. Great move.

Will get into the lottery, gets more picks, shes salaries. Bynum will be waived, I'm assuming. Then Miami will pick him up blah blah blah.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

• If Bynum now signs with Heat and helps them this spring - imagine if Dan Gilbert inadvertently helped LeBron win another title?

Expand
      • Retweet
      • Favorite
      • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" aria-haspopup="true" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(221, 221, 221);"> More</button>

• Bill Simmons@BillSimmons<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">11m</small>
      Bulls drop into the lottery, get under tax (by waiving Bynum), get an extra pick. Smart. For Cavs... um... Deng makes them less of a mess?

Expand
      • Retweet
      • Favorite
      • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle js-tooltip" aria-haspopup="true" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(221, 221, 221);"> More</button>

• Bill Simmons@BillSimmons<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">16m</small>
      The Cavs should have insisted that Thibodeau and Mike Brown were also included in the trade.

Expand
      • Retweet
      • Favorite

• Bill Simmons@BillSimmons<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">19m</small>
      Cavs! The miracle offer came thru. Good job Windhorst. MT @WindhorstESPN: Cavs will send Bynum and a draft pick to the Bulls for Luol Deng.
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 05-28-15 at 10:29 AM.

BigDeem5

Good move by the Cavs IF:

They can sign Deng to a 3-4 year deal and lock Kyrie up. It will put Cleveland on the map for the LBJ sweepstakes pt. 2

Kyrie, LBJ, Deng that's a pretty nice Big 3

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Bynum and Odom on the same team? Maybe they can "Frankenstein" them together and make one healthy center.

BigDeem5

It would be typical Cavs to give up 3 draft picks and not sign Deng.

They should have dealt the god damn #1 overall to Chicago for Deng at start of year and we wouldn't be sitting with Bennett the doughboy.

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Great to see Deng out of Chicago. Great player and I've lived by his workouts on youtube!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Bill Simmons@BillSimmons<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">2m</small>
    Luol Deng press conference tomorrow: "A big thanks to everyone in Chicago... well, except for the team doctors who almost killed me..."

BigDeem5

After reading the details,

Two future second rd picks (useless)

and 2015 1st rd they can swap if outside of the lottery... Pretty good deal by the Cavs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    After reading the details,

Two future second rd picks (useless)

and 2015 1st rd they can swap if outside of the lottery... Pretty good deal by the Cavs.
    That AND the Cavs first round pick this season they had from Sacramento. So it's one first rounder, two seconds rounders and a first round swap potential.

I don't know what the Bulls are going to do with it but now they probably have 3 first round picks this year. I suppose they trade up?

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Deng is a warrior. He will be missed. Cavs got a leader and a very solid presence on the court for 40 minutes a game on both ends. Lebron, Deng would be a nasty D combo if it were to happen.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Luol Deng will be missed in Chicago, but it does sound like the right move for the long run.
    Looks like the Bulls won't be in the playoffs for the first time in a while. Maybe they could trade Boozer now too?
    Will Bynum be waived immediately or do they get to use him for a bit before they would have to pick up his contract?
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-07-14 at 02:31 AM.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Time to ship Dion somewhere. Cavs obviously have some strange plans for the future. Washed up Deng and one of the worst number 1 picks of all-time.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Highly unlikely Deng will be the same defensive presence without the system that had the needed involved players run by one of the best coaches in the league. If Cleveland hooks Deng up to some big multiyear contract they could regret it a lot after year one.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

People (especially lame Chicago homers) forget what Deng was physically and mentally when he first came into the league.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

the first round kings pick is top-10 protected.

bulls dont get a single draft pick in top 10.

cavs made out good in this deal if they can re-sign deng.

bulls will suck for years to come….deng was a huge part of the team…he was so under-rated. Bulls will struggle without deng next year when rose comes back. Bulls are no longer title contenders unless they add a major piece.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The Bulls have no future Rose washed up with injuries

The Cavaliers win here

Bynum is a team cancer

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Cavs announcement stated " 3 draft picks and the CONTRACT of Andrew Bynum"....that contract being passed around the league like a bad cold...reminds me of Matt Geiger, think the sixers are still paying off that bum

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Bulls might have 3 first round draft picks this year PLUS adding best player in world not playing on NBA currently. Next season could be very very interesting

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    the first round kings pick is top-10 protected.

bulls dont get a single draft pick in top 10.

cavs made out good in this deal if they can re-sign deng.

bulls will suck for years to come….deng was a huge part of the team…he was so under-rated. Bulls will struggle without deng next year when rose comes back. Bulls are no longer title contenders unless they add a major piece.
    You don't have a clue. Bulls now have cap space, possibly 3 first round picks this season and the best non-American in the world coming to their team, while they amnesty Boozer. They will be great immediately.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Luol Deng will be missed in Chicago, but it does sound like the right move for the long run.
    Looks like the Bulls won't be in the playoffs for the first time in a while. Maybe they could trade Boozer now too?
    Will Bynum be waived immediately or do they get to use him for a bit before they would have to pick up his contract?
    Watch them still make the playoffs.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Bulls might have 3 first round draft picks this year PLUS adding best player in world not playing on NBA currently. Next season could be very very interesting
    They will also have cap space to sign a major free agent. Actually, they will have enough after Boozer amnesty to sign one MAX free agent. Not sure who that actually should be though, short of Lebron. Carmelo? Eh. What are the other best 2/3's?
    Last edited by d2bets; 01-07-14 at 08:46 AM.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

I wonder who's going to take Bynum after he gets cut? I can't see the Heat taking another broken down big man.

BigDeem5

Bulls won't make playoffs, Cavs will though.

WhatALoser
    WhatALoser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bynum is going to be cut today. This is for sure. They aren't going to pay 6 million dollars to this guy. They are officially in rebuilding mode again. I'm sure D.Rose isn't to happy but they weren't going anywhere anyways so the move in my view was a good thing.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WhatALoser View Post
    Bynum is going to be cut today. This is for sure. They aren't going to pay 6 million dollars to this guy. They are officially in rebuilding mode again. I'm sure D.Rose isn't to happy but they weren't going anywhere anyways so the move in my view was a good thing.
    Rebuilding as in this season only. Not a long-term rebuild. Obviously much is dependent on Rose's health going forward, but if he's healthy they got Rose/?/Butler/Mirotic/Noah with Gibson as the 6th man. The SG will be the big question and they will have space for a MAX contract as well as possibly 3 first round picks to address it. They could probably sign Carmelo if they want. This is not a "rebuild" in the least. They could easily be better next season than they have been in the past few seasons. This team has the best non-NBA player in the world coming in (Mirotic), premium draft picks and considerable cap space to sign a max free agent. This is no long-term situation.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The Bulls have no future Rose washed up with injuries

The Cavaliers win here

Bynum is a team cancer
    Bynum has been waived; he may never play again.

Both teams got what they wanted. Deng wanted too much so he wasn't going to re-sign. Bulls went off the luxury tax roll, saving like $15 mil and it extends the luxury tax back a year. You have to understand the whole cap thing, but it's huge. Plus, they got a decent package of picks, all for an expiring contract. The team wasn't winning anything anyway so they: a. saved $15 mil+; b. got draft picks; and c. made themselves worse this season to get a better pick. How can this possibly be bad for the Bulls?

For the Cavs, are they really a contender now? Not sure I see the point, but it certainly makes them a better team right now? Will they agree to Deng's high contract demands after the season? Is he really worth it going forward? Pretty iffy.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    They will also have cap space to sign a major free agent. Actually, they will have enough after Boozer amnesty to sign one MAX free agent. Not sure who that actually should be though, short of Lebron. Carmelo? Eh. What are the other best 2/3's?
    Dirk, Bosh, Monroe, and Turner are all going to be free agents.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-07-14 at 11:34 AM.

WhatALoser

I think Cleveland with Deng pose more of a threat than Chicago not only this year but next year as well. Chicago would have to get somebody like Carmelo or Dirk to change my mind.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Dirk, Bosh, Monroe, and Turner are all going to be free agents.
    Dirk - no
    Bosh - no
    Monroe - no
    Bulls need a 2/3, not a big man like those guys. Turner is interesting, but certainly not for any kind of max type contract. Think Carmelo is a serious possibility. Also, for the record, Lebron will be a FA.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by WhatALoser View Post
    I think Cleveland with Deng pose more of a threat than Chicago not only this year but next year as well. Chicago would have to get somebody like Carmelo or Dirk to change my mind.
    LOL. They are going to get somebody like Dirk - his name is Nikola Mirotic. And if Rose is healthy, they will be contenders and will be far better than the Cavs. Here's your lineup:

Rose - PG
    Butler - SG
    Carmelo - SF
    Mirotic - PF
    Noah - C
    Bench: Gibson, Dunleavy, Augustin, Snell & (up to 3) first round draft picks.

If you don't know Mirotic, look him up.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Dirk - no
    Bosh - no
    Monroe - no
    Bulls need a 2/3, not a big man like those guys. Turner is interesting, but certainly not for any kind of max type contract. Think Carmelo is a serious possibility. Also, for the record, Lebron will be a FA.
    I think Carmelo and Turner are the best SF/PF free agents other then Lebron. Not sure I really like Carmelo.
    Last edited by RonPaul2008; 01-07-14 at 12:36 PM.

WhatALoser

Those guys always look good until they step foot on a nba court. Jonas Valanciunas was the king at one time as well. It takes a while for guys like that to adjust.

123 Last