easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Have you guys noticed how bad Minnesota is down the stretch in close games? Holy hell, they have no idea what they're doing in the last minute. Just pathetic. I don't remember them winning one close game all season long.
    saw the 4th quarter and they absolutely crumbled. Their missing a veteran on that team that can hold them together late in the games. I remember last year as well where they would always be blowing halftime leads. Their one of the worst 2nd half teams in the league.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Have you guys noticed how bad Minnesota is down the stretch in close games? Holy hell, they have no idea what they're doing in the last minute. Just pathetic. I don't remember them winning one close game all season long.
    Who can they go to? Rubio is not a threat so you can just go under every screen on him and not allow him into the lane. K-Mart is mostly a spot up guy. Corey Brewer? lmao. You rarely see teams going to their big guys in the last couple minutes on a post-up but that may be the only option for this team.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Who can they go to? Rubio is not a threat so you can just go under every screen on him and not allow him into the lane. K-Mart is mostly a spot up guy. Corey Brewer? lmao. You rarely see teams going to their big guys in the last couple minutes on a post-up but that may be the only option for this team.
    I don't know what the answer is, but something -- anything -- has to be better than what they're drawing up late in games this season. Just Groundhog Day in Minneapolis.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Just saw the stat -- Minnesota is 0-10 in games decided by four points or less. Holy shit, that's even worse than I thought.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    yes they are. books still underrating them. great win tonight against minnesotta being down late in the 4th and coming back to win it.
    I had bulls ml over them. No reason phx should have been favored their.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

they will fade away soon. they could still make it as an 8 seed.
    half the season's gone by, when are they gonna start fading?

also, if they were playing in the east they would be 3rd seed and with an even better record considering they'd be playing east coast teams
    Points Awarded:

SteveKerrsJunk gave SportsMushroom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Idk. But they've been the best GD bet ATS the whole regular season and I've missed out.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Yeah, the Suns are clearly legit. By now, nobody is underestimating them and they are still winning tough games. They will be even better when Bled, their 2nd best player, comes back. I'd be surprised not to see them in the playoffs. I think they were projected to win 26 games this season and they will cover that halfway through the season.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

a playoff team yes.

A title contender no.

Spurs , Heat, Pacers, Thunder are all on a different level.

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

Suns could be the Warriors from what was that 05-06 who had the huge upset 1st round. I could see that. They can got hot from deep and actually play some defense. Could potentially see them beating a team like Blazers if they draw such a matchup.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    half the season's gone by, when are they gonna start fading?

also, if they were playing in the east they would be 3rd seed and with an even better record considering they'd be playing east coast teams
    Now.

Yeah but they're not in the East so I don't see your point. Many teams would be a 3 seed in the East.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Yeah, the Suns are clearly legit. By now, nobody is underestimating them and they are still winning tough games. They will be even better when Bled, their 2nd best player, comes back. I'd be surprised not to see them in the playoffs. I think they were projected to win 26 games this season and they will cover that halfway through the season.
    I think their total was 20.5 so the over just cashed today if that's right. LOL.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

LOL yeah they literally cannot hit a game winner. It's ridiculous. Love has missed a few easy tip-ins and layups that he'd probably make 9 times out of 10 (not to mention his 2 missed free throws the other day), but it seems like most of the misses come from Pekovic; they usually go inside to him and he'll put up an UGLY layup that never had a chance. I think Love really needs to be the one taking (and making) these shots...or at least needs the ball in his hands because he's capable of finding the open man if a double team comes. If he can become a legit finisher I think he can be considered a top 5 player in the league. And their record could easily be well over .500 if a few of those games had gone the other way...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i thought suns would have a chance to win this game. suns on paper should not really be that great, but they have chemistry, toughness, youth, and desire. dragic is a good point guard and the morris twins at least box out and try to get rebounds and try hard. timberwolves have chemistry issues, they just look choppy sometimes. maybe too many small players on t-wolves, definitely too many bricks (25th in fg %, 7th in fg attempted)

SportsMushroom

Now.

Yeah but they're not in the East so I don't see your point. Many teams would be a 3 seed in the East.
    my point was, that if the conferences were a bit more balanced, suns would be fighting for home court advantage instead of just a playoff spot

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Smacked them hard +8 last night vs the T-wolves.
    One hell of a fukked up line.
    Suns playing great ball right now.
    Whole team of nobody's too.
    Love it.

SportsMushroom

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Smacked them hard +8 last night vs the T-wolves.
    One hell of a fukked up line.
    Suns playing great ball right now.
    Whole team of nobody's too.
    Love it.

bunch of nobodies play with a chip on their shoulder, rest are just a bunch of cuddled millionaires with nothing to play for

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I don't know what the answer is, but something -- anything -- has to be better than what they're drawing up late in games this season. Just Groundhog Day in Minneapolis.
    This is what I mean by no substance. "Something - anything..."

What does that even mean? Look at the pieces on the team.

To me it is obvious and you don't really have any other options: Isolate Love in the post. I don't care if his face or his back is to the basket. Just isolate him and put shooters in the correct spots on the floor. One opposite corner another top of the key.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This is what I mean by no substance. "Something - anything..."

What does that even mean? Look at the pieces on the team.

To me it is obvious and you don't really have any other options: Isolate Love in the post. I don't care if his face or his back is to the basket. Just isolate him and put shooters in the correct spots on the floor. One opposite corner another top of the key.
    Easier said than done -- especially late in the game. If it were that simple, the T'Wolves wouldn't be 0-10 in games decided by four points or less. Adelman knows what he's doing. I'm just saying maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box and using Love as a decoy or something. He hasn't exactly been Mr. Clutch with the ball in his hands and the game on the line.

Rubio is a big part of the problem -- he needs to step his game up and start finishing at the rim. Guards either sink or swim late in games, and the teams go with them. Right now, that dude is drowning offensively.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Easier said than done -- especially late in the game. If it were that simple, the T'Wolves wouldn't be 0-10 in games decided by four points or less. Adelman knows what he's doing. I'm just saying maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box and using Love as a decoy or something. He hasn't exactly been Mr. Clutch with the ball in his hands and the game on the line.

Rubio is a big part of the problem -- he needs to step his game up and start finishing at the rim. Guards either sink or swim late in games, and the teams go with them. Right now, that dude is drowning offensively.
    Again though look at the roster. Love has to become that guy. His problem is that he gets perimeter happy. Maybe its because he's smaller now idk. Kevin Martin is useless, I've said this for years. I think you can agree he's not the guy to have the ball in his hands trying to break down a defender. And yea definitely not Corey brewer. LOL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Again though look at the roster. Love has to become that guy. His problem is that he gets perimeter happy. Maybe its because he's smaller now idk. Kevin Martin is useless, I've said this for years. I think you can agree he's not the guy to have the ball in his hands trying to break down a defender. And yea definitely not Corey brewer. LOL.
    T'Wolves have the same problem they've always had -- no one at the 3. Love's on the perimeter because he basically has to be the de facto shooter on that team. I agree Martin is worthless and Brewer is Brewer. Then when you factor in Rubio's offensive struggles, they're just not that good.

I'm just saying that, after losing 10 straight in games decided by four points or less, maybe it's time to try something different than what you've been doing. The last 1:30 of that game last night was painful to watch; they couldn't have looked worse if they were trying to lose on purpose.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    my point was, that if the conferences were a bit more balanced, suns would be fighting for home court advantage instead of just a playoff spot
    so would the mavs, nuggets, grizzlies, pelicans...

Seto

Maybe they could also try putting in JJ for Rubio on a last play situation out of a timeout. At least you can't really go under on him and he made plenty of big plays in 4th quarters for that 2011 Mavs team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Est9V44mhA for instance

Seto

Now.

First 12