Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

So why did the Rockets sign Dwight Howard then......

Why didn't they spend there money on other positions if Asik is this good?

The Houston Rockets have abruptly ceased trade talks involving Omer Asik and now face the complicated task of trying to re-integrate the unhappy center into their frontcourt rotation, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets moved away from the negotiating table Thursday when it became apparent that they wouldn't find a trade that matches their valuation of Asik before their self-imposed Dec. 19 deadline to move him.

The reality is that the Rockets still have two months until the league's annual trade deadline on Feb. 20 to find a palatable deal, so Asik's name will continue to be at the forefront of league wide trade speculation until the deadline passes. Yet sources said Thursday that there is growing pessimism within the Houston organization that it can construct a workable trade, given the resistance even interested teams have shown regarding the $15 million owed Asik next season.

In reality, Asik is only a $10 million-a-year center, which is more in line with his reputation as an elite defensive anchor who possesses a very limited offensive game. But to steal Asik away from the Chicago Bulls in restricted free agency in 2012, Houston structured its offer sheet to the Turkish big man so that he'd receive a whopping payout of $15 million in 2014-15, even though Asik only counts against the salary cap for roughly $8.4 million.

Winning the Dwight Howard sweepstakes a year later has since made Asik somewhat expendable in Houston, but finding a team prepared to trade for Asik and then pay him All-Star money next season has proven more difficult than the Rockets anticipated.

Sources say that the best offer they've received to date is the Boston Celtics' offer featuring reserves Brandon Bass and Courtney Lee and a future protected first-round pick. But sources say Houston couldn't bring itself Thursday to take that package back for a player it regards as one of the league's best rim protectors, especially after the Rockets -- according to a Boston Herald report -- rejected the same offer last week.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

They bought into the Howard hype plain and simple.

The NBA sucks anyways.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Howard career "ZERO" NBA Titles, unless at like 39 Y.O. some contender picks him up for bench duty.
    7 footers can hang an awful long time .

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rockets major contender for a while

Perfect move

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Howard career "ZERO" NBA Titles, unless at like 39 Y.O. some contender picks him up for bench duty.
    7 footers can hang an awful long time .
    Ewing, Sabonis and Barkley had Zero titles too....they both all time greats....Howard has never been in a position to win....he was playing with scrubs in Orlando for years....and then was shipped off to that joke of a team out in LA....the one with the 35 year old gimp and grand father Nash at point.....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Because Asik is not a starter. Better have two players at a position than one.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Because Asik is not a starter. Better have two players at a position than one.
    well he is getting payed like a starter, and a player with his defensive talents shouldn't be coming off the bench

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Howard will win a title
    Give him time

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Ewing, and Barkley had Zero titles too.
    Howard isn't even on the same planet as these 2 guys.
    It's like comparing Filet Mignon to a flank steak.
    Howard is not a superstar, just a good 2nd tier player basically no matter how you look at it.
    You don't build a team around HIM, you add him to a team when you are building, like the Rockets did. But they will still never win most likely. He is a cancer, a diva, most likely a closet-flame, and will always be more of a problem than a solution to win a ring.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    He is a cancer, a diva, most likely a closet-flame, and will always be more of a problem than a solution to win a ring.
    Don't hold back Benny, tell us how you really feel.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Howard is overrated no Doubt. But with the lack of quality centers in the NBA he is considered to be a top notch player. Not sure you can win a ring with Howard as your top dog.

Menses

Howard is not a superstar, just a good 2nd tier player basically no matter how you look at it.
    You don't build a team around HIM, you add him to a team when you are building, like the Rockets did. But they will still never win most likely. He is a cancer, a diva, most likely a closet-flame, and will always be more of a problem than a solution to win a ring.
    LOL....you a Laker fan....not to mention a homophobe....I get it.....It is my contention that Dwight will not win a ring in Houston but not because he is not capable...the West right now is too difficult and too competitive for teams who don't play defense to win....3-4 yrs ago...Rockets might have had a chance...but its too hard right now.....HOWEVER....Dwight and Houston will compete and have some runs....and more importantly...be in far better situation to win than the LAKERS WILL BE FOR THE NEXT 7 YRS...you can take that to the bank and get straight cash back homie.....lol

Don't get Mad cuz Dwight had the foresight or the common sense to bail out of a sinking ship when he had the chance....for the first time in his career he is surrounded by real talent...now granted that idiot Harden hasn't played defense a day in his life...and Lin turns the ball over more often than Kobe....but i'll be gotdamn if that team don't score a shit load of points in a hurry....He has gotten back to shooting above 50 percent from the line....he is healthy...and competing at a high level.....only Aldridge is laying better than Dwight at the moment...Howard does not have to be the top dog...as he is now part of a TEAM.....but there are better teams than them.....

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL....you a Laker fan....not to mention a homophobe....I get it....

Don't get Mad
    You sound like a fukkin idiot.
    Not a Laker fan at all.
    Where do you see anger in my post?
    All I did was state the facts.
    Could care less if he sukks cokk or not, but he is most likely a homosexual and a half of a bitch either way.

The fact he gags on a man's penis does not make me a homophobic, so I don't really understand your reference.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

dwight has like 30 kids....not ghey...just acts like a total bitch

he will never win...he'd be great playing for okc if he was making the 8 mil a year he deserves

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    dwight has like 30 kids
    So this means he can't like a little man-meat?

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

So this means he can't like a little man-meat?
    Are you gay?

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Howard will win a title
    Give him time
    rofl

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

exactly...that clown menses comparing him to barkley to ewing

howard is a born loser.....he has already accepted defeat....saying his goal this season isn't to win a ring

guy is a joke....I would not want him on my team

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much concern for an athlete that's also a multi millionaire? I'm sure Howard will be fine and he can give 2 fks what anybody on this board thinks of him.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's one of the best centers in the NBA right now. So, that must mean every NBA center is worthless and gay? It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some posters.

SHADYLANKY
    Update your status
    SHADYLANKY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    So much concern for an athlete that's also a multi millionaire? I'm sure Howard will be fine and he can give 2 fks what anybody on this board thinks of him.
    He will be broke within 2/3 years of retiring from the NBA. But I don't care about him, his money or how many ever kids he has.

Menses

LOL....im a throw Benny in the igbox just for being stupid....acting like you dun kno what the fuc I mean when i say what I say....talking about a penis on a sports board....the boy Dwight is in the playoffs...Kobe in the hospital.....and dun lie to me you b i t c h....you kno damn well you are a Kobe fan / Laker Fan...they be one in the same nowadays....I can smell ya'll a mile a way...lol....Your feelings are hurt over this Dwight fella....that's how I know u a Kobe fan......Anytime Dwight name get mentioned you get sensitive...hahaha....get use to it...your team in the cellar for the next 7 years......and that's the goddamn truth.......you going to come across and accept it one way or another...you suffering from Kobe-Itis...The 1st step is admitting you have a problem...until then.........

Last edited by Menses; 12-20-13 at 12:17 AM.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    He's one of the best centers in the NBA right now. So, that must mean every NBA center is worthless and gay? It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some posters.
    The boy need a slap....

Menses

Hey Benny...ya boy...50 Million Dollar Crutches.......How that make you feel playa?

Last edited by Menses; 12-20-13 at 12:24 AM.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

Nba blows

lunch
    lunch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

Most teams can only dream of having Dwight or Asik. Houston has both.

this is Texas basketball country. Dwight is a big ticket, he can dunk and defend. That's all casual NBA fans are looking for.

You couldn't pay me to watch a full Rockets FT circus.. especially in the playoffs

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    They bought into the Howard hype plain and simple.

The NBA sucks anyways.
    teams are so dumb its ridiculous

they just want to get someone to fill the seats

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Benny, well said man.Anyone who thinks Howard brings anything more than benching 350 LBs to a team just doean`t have a clue.
    I guess it has to do with the Twitter/FB age where style over substance. Ewing, Barkley brought it, Howard is luggage.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

You may be over reaching here Benner....

You saying Howard finds better quality male tail in Houston than LA?? Tell me something I don't know