SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al McMordie: Bucks +6½ vs Spurs

Bucks +6½ vs Spurs

Game Time: 3/15/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Al McMordie
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Milwaukee has been something of a Waterloo for San Antonio. Play the Bucks plus the points tonight when they host the Spurs.

Our NBA selection is on Milwaukee over San Antonio as Tim Duncan & Co. travel up to the Bradley Center to take on a Bucks squad that is slowly nursing itself back to health.

After missing star Michael Redd for over a month, the Bucks' offense is much better now, and they'll be ready to do battle with a Spurs team that enters with a 13-game win streak. This win streak is the longest since Duncan joined the team, tying a run set in the 2003-04 season.

But all this should come to a halt on Thursday night. Most of the wins have come against the league's weak brethren, and the Bucks are (surprisingly) the one team the Spurs have not done well against since Duncan entered the NBA. San Antonio is 8-9 straight up and 4-13 against the spread vs. Milwaukee with Duncan in the fold, and the Spurs were favored to win all but one of those 17 games!

The Spurs already lost to Milwaukee at home this year, 114-107, back in December. And San Antonio has dropped six of their last seven games straight up on the road at Milwaukee. Take the Bucks.

Play: Bucks +6½

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I need at least +9.5 to back the Bucks here. I think I will lay the 6.5 and take the Spurs.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bucks are the one NBA game that I know I'm taking today.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRforum Staff View Post
    Bucks +6½ vs Spurs

Game Time: 3/15/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Al McMordie

The Spurs already lost to Milwaukee at home this year, 114-107, back in December. And San Antonio has dropped six of their last seven games straight up on the road at Milwaukee. Take the Bucks.
    You mean they were embarrassed at home by a much weaker team, and that the red hot Spurs actually go into Milwaukee with a score to settle?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Milwaukee +7 tonight, but will try and hold out for a better line.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear you DH, but in this case, I like the Bucks also, because of the new coach. They will be GUNNING for him to the end, and 6.5 at home is a lot of points for a team with talent at home to be getting. If it were just the same old malaise for this game with them I'd agree with you that the revenge-minded Spurs would be dangerous, but a coaching change trumps mid-level revenge, especially when at home and getting points.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

easy winner for the Bucks tonight.