Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by BetsandBeer View Post
    good point. with this latest injury + age hes crossed over. he is now ray allen on the heat and hopefully they trade him to a contender so he could average 14 ppg getting open looks
    Do not disrespect Ray Allen like that....Ray Allen knows his place...Kobe does not..

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

First game back you idiots. Are you that dumb?

and p.s. Fuk ray allen

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

how did jordan do in his first game back after his failed baseball career? 7-28fg in a loss.

how did d rose do in his first game back? 4-15fg 5 tos in a loss.

what was jordans excuse? he wasnt injured, just fat from too many hot dogs? rose took a full season off and played in a full slate of preseason games yet sucked. so what was his excuse?

yet you expect kobe to dominate after not playing a single game in 9 months recovering from an injury that ended many careers?

you must be an overweight couch potato who never played any sports if you believe that non-sense.

do u think the lakers could have secured a $5 billion tv deal if not for kobe? of course not dummy. so kobe could take the next 2 seasons off amd hed still deserve that money.

btw are u trying to set the record for the most threads u got whored in?

LOL.....wait a minute..crusty you still around? I had forgotten I had you on ignore......take Kobe's dick out your ignorant mouth and speak sense from nonsense......and don't u ever compare Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant again.....the two are not mutually exclusive..you know damn well....the Lakers salary cap has nothing to do with the TV deal they got....5 billion or no 5 billion...the new CBA makes all of that irrelevant......no GM in his right mind has any business endangering the salary cap by spending that kind of money on a 35 year old player...i dun give a fuc who he is.....or the fact that you are in love with him......perhaps physically i dun kno......either way.........keep your mouth shut on this issue if u have nothing sensical to contribute to this discussion......you disgust me...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    First game back you idiots. Are you that dumb?

and p.s. Fuk ray allen
    nah fuc you..........your team is garbage...

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    nah fuc you..........your team is garbage...
    Aw Ratzz. It's ok lil buddy. I still love you.

Menses

what? lol........its too fuzzy wuzzy in here ......im menses.......he is ratzz.......

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

your stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

how did jordan do in his first game back after his failed baseball career? 7-28fg in a loss.

how did d rose do in his first game back? 4-15fg 5 tos in a loss.
    *ieve that non-sense.

lol...people need to STOP comparing Kobe to Jordan.. that is like comparing female chimps to Victoria's Secret models.. hilarious

(Jordan 6 Finals MVPs, 5 League MVPs) if we add it all up it's 11-3 in favor of Jordan.*

also, Jordan took a FULL TWO seasons off over (24 months)... Rose took off a FULL SeASON and a half (19 months)

KOBE only took off just 7 months... (barely enough time to rape an attendant in a hotel)

it's really quite different

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Kobe will get it going, gut will he ever be the same player he was? Doubt it. Will he be worth 48 mil for 2 seasons? Hell no. And certainly not for the Lakers, who have no shot.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Kobe will get it going, gut will he ever be the same player he was? Doubt it. Will he be worth 48 mil for 2 seasons? Hell no. And certainly not for the Lakers, who have no shot.
    this a rational evaluation of the facts

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    lol...people need to STOP comparing Kobe to Jordan.. that is like comparing female chimps to Victoria's Secret models.. hilarious

(Jordan 6 Finals MVPs, 5 League MVPs) if we add it all up it's 11-3 in favor of Jordan.*

also, Jordan took a FULL TWO seasons off over (24 months)... Rose took off a FULL SeASON and a half (19 months)

KOBE only took off just 7 months... (barely enough time to rape an attendant in a hotel)

it's really quite different

you really are a bigger dumbfuk than i gave you credit for.

1. jordan wasn't gone for full 2 seasons".... he retired after the 1992-3 season and was back playing in the 1994-5 season. how is that "full 2 seasons" dumbass?

2. jordan didnt suffer a career threatening injury. he spent his time away playing pro baseball, golf, pick up basketball and other activities that kept him fit. having had the same injury as kobe, i know he spent several months bed-ridden and in a cast unable to do anything. and it takes several months to build up the muscle he lost while bedridden. so you think someone who was injured, bedridden and unable to do any activities for months is in better shape than someone who was active for 1.5 years? are you really that retarded?????

you're right, i shouldn't compare kobe to jordan. cause kobe actually won championships without a hall of famer/top 50 greatest of all time by his side for every one of his titles.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

LOL.....wait a minute..crusty you still around? I had forgotten I had you on ignore......take Kobe's dick out your ignorant mouth and speak sense from nonsense......and don't u ever compare Michael Jordan to Kobe Bryant again.....the two are not mutually exclusive..you know damn well....the Lakers salary cap has nothing to do with the TV deal they got....5 billion or no 5 billion...the new CBA makes all of that irrelevant......no GM in his right mind has any business endangering the salary cap by spending that kind of money on a 35 year old player...i dun give a fuc who he is.....or the fact that you are in love with him......perhaps physically i dun kno......either way.........keep your mouth shut on this issue if u have nothing sensical to contribute to this discussion......you disgust me...
    tell us again how tracey mcgrady [sic] is better than kobe, a guy who couldn't advance past 1st round of the playoffs until he became a towel boy for the spurs.

lol

or how darren williams [sic] is an awful player.

lol

like i said, stick to what you know best... reviewing prostitutes, wantitall4moi.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

aren't u the same guy who thought rose would dominate this season because you fell for "5 inch" hype and how he played in pre-season? who was it that told you he would suck this season and would be injured again? exactly.

you were the same guy who thought rip hamilton was the missing piece for the bulls championship run and that he'd score 17ppg... didnt i tell u he was washed up and would be lucky to score 11ppg? and what happened? he scored 11ppg.

looks like u are often wrong about your own team, so what makes you such an expert on kobe and the lakers?

Menses

Folks, please study the career of Elton Brand to understand what is about to happen to Kobe Bryant....His efficiency will plummet along with his scoring...it cannot be helped...it cannot be reversed..and Brand was a 4....so his efficiency wasn't too much of a problem but imagine the strain put on a 2 guard coming off this kind of injury.....I cannot fathom how D'antoni could risk the team chemistry by putting kobe at the 1....knowing fully well what happened to Isiah...Kobe was 3 times the player Xavier Henry was on his worst day...and now Xavier post injury is 3 times the player Kobe is...what a nasty injury...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

i highly doubt we will ever see kobe the way he was in the past
    he was already on the downside of his career
    now u add on his achillies injury ............
    he may still be an effective jump shooter, but as far as slashing to the hoop, its got to be over
    kobe was horrible on D last year, i doubt that will be any better this year either

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

First of all please stop comparing how you feel in your 30's to someone that's a professional athlete with the best doctors and training/rehabilitation staff money can buy. He already came back ahead of schedule compared to most athletes that sustain Achilles tears. It's too early to tell right away whether and how the injury will affect his game going forward. I don't think you'll see that much of a precipitous of a decline in production. Basketball players follow a bell curve in regards to their production peaking at around age 28. Since Kobe is a freak athlete and been in the league so long his doesn't follow it as uniformly but he's already seen his worst decline in production at 35. You're not going to see it drop off a cliff barring some other injury IMO.

What I think will happen is that his scoring drives in the paint will decrease and he may have to rely more heavily his outside shot. His AST/PG will likely increase too if this happens. So his numbers may decrease but not enough to make him irrelevant. The real question is will his production as an isolation player be effective in the D'antoni system for the Lakers going forward?

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    i highly doubt we will ever see kobe the way he was in the past
    he was already on the downside of his career
    now u add on his achillies injury ............
    he may still be an effective jump shooter, but as far as slashing to the hoop, its got to be over
    kobe was horrible on D last year, i doubt that will be any better this year either
    As Horrible as he was...he sure put the screws to Derozan on that lone play in the 1st quarter...Kobe once again deciding to show up defensively when its prime time and the world is watching...

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    First of all please stop comparing how you feel in your 30's to someone that's a professional athlete with the best doctors and training/rehabilitation staff money can buy. He already came back ahead of schedule compared to most athletes that sustain Achilles tears. It's too early to tell right away whether and how the injury will affect his game going forward. I don't think you'll see that much of a precipitous of a decline in production. Basketball players follow a bell curve in regards to their production peaking at around age 28. Since Kobe is a freak athlete and been in the league so long his doesn't follow it as uniformly but he's already seen his worst decline in production at 35. You're not going to see it drop off a cliff barring some other injury IMO.

What I think will happen is that his scoring drives in the paint will decrease and he may have to rely more heavily his outside shot. His AST/PG will likely increase too if this happens. So his numbers may decrease but not enough to make him irrelevant. The real question is will his production as an isolation player be effective in the D'antoni system for the Lakers going forward?
    I can answer that now for you if you like..................................No

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Laker fans will never get it, its amazing. Kobe is NOT that good anymore. This is not a timing problem this is an injury mixed with age problem. If he can't be a catch and shooter like Meeks hes an official LIABILITY to the team. Steve Blake was hot last night you can tell, didn't even want to be interviewed.

JoeyBagels
    JoeyBagels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4500

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Laker fans will never get it, its amazing. Kobe is NOT that good anymore. This is not a timing problem this is an injury mixed with age problem. If he can't be a catch and shooter like Meeks hes an official LIABILITY to the team. Steve Blake was hot last night you can tell, didn't even want to be interviewed.
    Well he's still the best player they have. His win shares /48 last season was 0.174 with the only comparable person on the lakers team this year being Jordan Hill at 0.176 ws/48. It's just showcases the D'Antoni level of incompetence that Robert Sacre is starting over Hill.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post

and what are you morons basing this on? last season? kobe was 3rd in the league in scoring, not bad for an old fart besting players in their 20s. overall fg% was the highest since 2008-9 (2pt fg% was over 50% for the first time in his career), assists best since 2004-5, and reb best since 2007-8. he's getting better not worse.

his injury? could happen to anyone. sure, he's probably going to struggle for a month or two but anyone would with the same injury.

his age? like i said, he had one of his finest seasons at age 34, proving all you morons wrong. sure, he'll eventually slow down, as they say father time is undefeated.... but to suggest he's not that good based on his age alone is just moronic.

Ratzz

Do not disrespect Ray Allen like that....Ray Allen knows his place...Kobe does not..
    lol

Ratzz

and what are you morons basing this on? last season? kobe was 3rd in the league in scoring, not bad for an old fart besting players in their 20s. overall fg% was the highest since 2008-9 (2pt fg% was over 50% for the first time in his career), assists best since 2004-5, and reb best since 2007-8. he's getting better not worse.

his injury? could happen to anyone. sure, he's probably going to struggle for a month or two but anyone would with the same injury.

his age? like i said, he had one of his finest seasons at age 34, proving all you morons wrong. sure, he'll eventually slow down, as they say father time is undefeated.... but to suggest he's not that good based on his age alone is just moronic.
    you just keep proving our point more and more..

Kobe LED the league in FG Attempts per game... his Efficiency Rating was terrible.. he has NEVER shot over 50% for an entire season
    Lebron James shoots a higher average from 3-Pt Range than KOBE does from 10 Ft.

LeBron James is shooting 60% for the SEASON...

is you spend $90 to make $100, you did not make $100, you made $10
    teams do not have INFINITE possessions a game.. you must be an efficient player..

Kobe cares only about VOLUME pts... not Efficiency.

Efficiency Rating No.1 Overall last year was LeBron James
    this year, it is Lebron James.. again..

Kobe has NEVER and could NEVER lead the league in efficiency*

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

you just keep proving our point more and more..

Kobe LED the league in FG Attempts per game... his Efficiency Rating was terrible.. he has NEVER shot over 50% for an entire season
    Lebron James shoots a higher average from 3-Pt Range than KOBE does from 10 Ft.

LeBron James is shooting 60% for the SEASON...

is you spend $90 to make $100, you did not make $100, you made $10
    teams do not have INFINITE possessions a game.. you must be an efficient player..

Kobe cares only about VOLUME pts... not Efficiency.

Efficiency Rating No.1 Overall last year was LeBron James
    this year, it is Lebron James.. again..

Kobe has NEVER and could NEVER lead the league in efficiency*

lets assume everything u said is true...... you're comparing kobe to arguably the best player in the league currently. do you understand how moronic you keep sounding? even jordan would come in second to lebron based on your criteria.

do you even understand that kobe and lebron are different type of players? lebron attacks the basket and shoots far less 3 pointers (368 less in the last 3 seasons). kobe is a jump shooter 99% of the time, so of course his fg% will be lower. just as if lebron took as many 3 pointers as kobe, his fg% would suffer.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Crusty stop trying to discuss basketball with adults. Go back to your sandbox little shit.

Ratzz

lets assume everything u said is true...... you're comparing kobe to arguably the best player in the league currently. do you understand how moronic you keep sounding? even jordan would come in second to lebron based on your criteria.

do you even understand that kobe and lebron are different type of players? lebron attacks the basket and shoots far less 3 pointers (368 less in the last 3 seasons). kobe is a jump shooter 99% of the time, so of course his fg% will be lower. just as if lebron took as many 3 pointers as kobe, his fg% would suffer.
    but that is the point!.. the point is to order the best food on the menu..
    not order everything and pig out..

the point is to screw the finest women... not volume screw any girl and then claim you had 100 girls last year..

Kobe shoots a lot of crap, in the hopes of getting on Sportscenter highlights..
    trick shots is for the Harlem Globetrotters and the All-Star game

Lebron shoots 3-Pt shots when he really gets a good look, and it becomes a high percentage shot.
    if it is a bad look, he finds the open man.. Kobe takes the bad 3-pointer anyway.. screw the open guy

If Kobe were a Poker-Player, he would go broke so damn fast.. with his style of play*
    though he did bluff the Jim Buss pretty damn good about how good he would be when he came back..lol

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

but that is the point!.. the point is to order the best food on the menu..
    not order everything and pig out..

the point is to screw the finest women... not volume screw any girl and then claim you had 100 girls last year..

Kobe shoots a lot of crap, in the hopes of getting on Sportscenter highlights..
    trick shots is for the Harlem Globetrotters and the All-Star game

Lebron shoots 3-Pt shots when he really gets a good look, and it becomes a high percentage shot.
    if it is a bad look, he finds the open man.. Kobe takes the bad 3-pointer anyway.. screw the open guy

If Kobe were a Poker-Player, he would go broke so damn fast.. with his style of play*
    though he did bluff the Jim Buss pretty damn good about how good he would be when he came back..lol

kobe attempted 20.4 shots per game last season..... lebron 17.8. 2.6 makes him a volume shooter? lol what was jordan with his 22.9 attempts per game? funny how lebron attempted 20 or more in every season except 1 when he was with the cavs. i guess he's a volume scorer too.

listen, moron..... lebron is a 6-9 point guard being guarded by 6-1 midgets while kobe is always being guarded by the best defenders. lebron is a walking mismatch which allows him to attack the basket against much shorter defenders and shoot over midgets.

but it's funny that kobe is always double teamed at the end of games while lebron is always left wide open. lol

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Crusty stop trying to discuss basketball with adults. Go back to your sandbox little shit.
    no one is talking about curry here.

go back to your 0-8 thread from saturday.

lol

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

kobe attempted 20.4 shots per game last season..... lebron 17.8. 2.6 makes him a volume shooter? lol what was jordan with his 22.9 attempts per game? funny how lebron attempted 20 or more in every season except 1 when he was with the cavs. i guess he's a volume scorer too.

listen, moron..... lebron is a 6-9 point guard being guarded by 6-1 midgets while kobe is always being guarded by the best defenders. lebron is a walking mismatch which allows him to attack the basket against much shorter defenders and shoot over midgets.

but it's funny that kobe is always double teamed at the end of games while lebron is always left wide open. lol
    Lol. You act like lebron isn't guarded by the best defenders either.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Obviously, there's quite a few people in this thread that don't understand the business side of basketball.....or any professional sport for that matter.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Obviously, there's quite a few people in this thread that don't understand the business side of basketball.....or any professional sport for that matter.
    Exactly!

kabusa80
    kabusa80's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I agree about Kobe's negative effect on Blake. Supposedly he's going to be more of a distributor to begin the season.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Kobe looks like he needs a wheelchair tonight... this is absurd.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Kobe looks like he needs a wheelchair tonight... this is absurd.
    Dude do you understand what type of injury he's coming back from? This isn't no torn ACL.... It's an achilles son...

You already ruined yourself with this thread. It's just a matter of time before it comes back to haunt you.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Dude do you understand what type of injury he's coming back from? This isn't no torn ACL.... It's an achilles son...

You already ruined yourself with this thread. It's just a matter of time before it comes back to haunt you.
    I will agree with you that we are piling it on a bit thick when it comes to Bryant...its part of my schtick......but this is a guy who has been toting his own horn while the media blows smoke up his ass every chance they could get. Buss and Kupcheck were at the Summer league bragging about Kobe being ready for the home opener....so how are we supposed to react...when he comes out looking like Vin Baker..? Then he signs a contract more fitting of a player 10 years his junior with twice the promise......

The public cry foul and espn LA, and the Laker brass defend it...claiming they would not sign him if he wasn't capable of being the player he always was....so what do we get? 8 turnovers in his first game back....while Henry is on the bench and Blake is left in limbo.....now just today D'antoni had to fire back at Kobe for throwing the best bench in the league under the bus....Kobe now claims his performance was not as bed as he thought...and the Lakers above 500 start while he was out is not that big a deal.....lol...He's been back 1 game and already there is dysfunction in the locker room......this is a problem...

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Some of you folks are completely ignorant as to why the Lakers signed Kobe for two more years at the price they paid for him. It has absolutely nothing to do with his current ability, making the play-offs, winning games or Championships. Nor what he will bring to the team in the way of production on the floor or in the locker room.

If you can't comprehend this, than this is exactly the reason why guys like the Buss family will always be Billionaires and people like Ratzz and menses will always remain broke degenerate gamblers bitching about how unfair the world is.
    Points Awarded:

upscope gave El Sol 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 123 Last