totallypsycho
    totallypsycho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4904

terry stotts coach of the year ?

still very surprised at this season's results credit to him

i always remembered him as a coach who kept getting canned by lottery teams

now he makes all the right adjustments, the players go all out for him, and has a playbook even popovich would be impressed by

is coaching sometimes just a matter of having the right opportunity?

Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Quote Originally Posted by totallypsycho View Post
    still very surprised at this season's results credit to him

i always remembered him as a coach who kept getting canned by lottery teams

now he makes all the right adjustments, the players go all out for him, and has a playbook even popovich would be impressed by

is coaching sometimes just a matter of having the right opportunity?
    I really dont think he is that great of a coach in all honesty. He doesnt call timeout when teams make huge runs all the time. Look at the laker game, the toronto game, the second phoenix game ect.... all these teams came back from double digits and it was not until the blazers were down that he called a time out. Not only that but there are several points in the game where you can find yourself scratching your head why La or why Mathews is not in the game. He seems to play his bench far more than almost every team. It has worked up to this point but just look at where he was as the coach for Atlanta. Saying that he deserves coach of the year is like saying Mathews should win the MVP for his play in the first 6 weeks.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer12 View Post
    I really dont think he is that great of a coach in all honesty. He doesnt call timeout when teams make huge runs all the time. Look at the laker game, the toronto game, the second phoenix game ect.... all these teams came back from double digits and it was not until the blazers were down that he called a time out. Not only that but there are several points in the game where you can find yourself scratching your head why La or why Mathews is not in the game. He seems to play his bench far more than almost every team. It has worked up to this point but just look at where he was as the coach for Atlanta. Saying that he deserves coach of the year is like saying Mathews should win the MVP for his play in the first 6 weeks.
    Blazers are second to last in the league in bench mins so not sure where you're coming from there.. That said given the quality of their bench it does make sense that they use them very little. Maybe they're so bad that the few minutes they're in seem like an eternity to you. lol.