Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Is Zach Randolph in or out tonight?

We know he missed last game due to an in grown toe nail injury, but I can't find confirmation if he is out tonight? The latest info I could find was that he missed the grizzlies last practise and has not been putting any weight on his foot.

If Randolph misses this could be a huge factor in determining the winner of the game as he was the difference in the series last season against these 2.

Without Gasol or Randolph being in I can easily see Dragic and Bledsoe having a field day with driving to the rim with a weakened grizzlies interior D

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

sounds like he's out

Zach Randolph (ingrown toenail) didn't practice on Monday and said that he's "questionable" to return vs. the Suns on Tuesday.
    "Gonna ride the bike [at practice] and put a little pressure on [the toe]," Randolph said. "It's still sore and as big as a balloon." This doesn't sound promising for his availability on Tuesday, the first of the Grizzlies' three games this week. Ed Davis will get another start at PF if Z-Bo can't suit up.Dec 2 - 1:49 PM

Rustyglobes
    Rustyglobes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    sounds like he's out

Zach Randolph (ingrown toenail) didn't practice on Monday and said that he's "questionable" to return vs. the Suns on Tuesday.
    "Gonna ride the bike [at practice] and put a little pressure on [the toe]," Randolph said. "It's still sore and as big as a balloon." This doesn't sound promising for his availability on Tuesday, the first of the Grizzlies' three games this week. Ed Davis will get another start at PF if Z-Bo can't suit up.Dec 2 - 1:49 PM
    Thanks Pat, seems like even if he does play he won't be 100%, I think the Suns can take advantage of this

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

When asked whether Zach Randolph (toe) will play on Tuesday, coach Dave Joerger replied, "I wouldn't think so but we'll see if he can go at the last minute."

Z-Bo said on Monday that his toe was "still sore and as big as a balloon," so even though he's a game-time decision we're not optimistic. Ed Davis will start at PF if he's forced to sit out again.