as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Back out of my GSW -3 bet while I can or ride it out?

Put a large amount on this last night, was not aware that Iggy was injured, I already know Bogut is suspended. Looking for some thoughts.

hubbard689
    hubbard689's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ride it out, got a LARGE play on this ishhh myself

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Don't understand all the hoopla about GS right now. They have lost 3 in a row and only hit 100 once, and 2 of those loss' were on the road, and now Bogut is suspended. You folks must know more than me....

as99

Well I am not feeling too confident about this play right now but from a spot angle, GSW are overdue tonight.

And the Hornets just beat 3 shit teams at home in a row. What's the fuss about on the other side, the game is basically PK now.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Who are the hornets???

as99

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    Who are the hornets???
    The same sh!t team disguised as the Pelicans now. Well at least for tonight I hope.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

I think pelicans win SU man. just my opinion

YoGaddy
    Update your status
    YoGaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2203

What do y'all think of the under in this game?

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

they just got blown out by the spurs so will be looking for a bounce back game. just don't see GSW putting up enough numbers to win

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

This looks just like Houston's game yesterday - low spread and public all over it, the thing is I don't believe this will happen 2 nights in a row, namely Warriors covering -2. Line opened at -3, public was all over that spread (around 65%) and it haven't really dropped, but spread went down by a whole point, but this is not the factor I solely base my prediction on, it just supports data, which my model came up with. I don't want to talk you out of your initial pick, since I can be terribly wrong with this one, but I just can not find any data, which I could relate to this particular situation at this moment (despite some useless overall trends) and which could make me think other than taking Pelicans with those points.

p.s. I actually like the fact that Spurs wiped the floor with Pelicans yesterday...and Pelicans know that they played some garbage ball yesterday, so mentally I think they are prepared

as99

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post
    This looks just like Houston's game yesterday - low spread and public all over it, the thing is I don't believe this will happen 2 nights in a row, namely Warriors covering -2. Line opened at -3, public was all over that spread (around 65%) and it haven't really dropped, but spread went down by a whole point, but this is not the factor I solely base my prediction on, it just supports data, which my model came up with. I don't want to talk you out of your initial pick, since I can be terribly wrong with this one, but I just can not find any data, which I could relate to this particular situation at this moment (despite some useless overall trends) and which could make me think other than taking Pelicans with those points.

p.s. I actually like the fact that Spurs wiped the floor with Pelicans yesterday...and Pelicans know that they played some garbage ball yesterday, so mentally I think they are prepared
    Appreciate the insight, the game looks to be headed to PK or worse for me, so can't really back out. GSW definitely capable of covering with the players out.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by as99 View Post
    The same sh!t team disguised as the Pelicans now. Well at least for tonight I hope.
    I would think you knew who you were betting against...last time I checked they are called the Pelicans, and the Charlotte team is changing their name back to the "hornets" next season. That being said, you posed a question on an open forum, no need to get upset...BOL with your selection and hope GS wins for you. ..

as99

I would think you knew who you were betting against...last time I checked they are called the Pelicans, and the Charlotte team is changing their name back to the "hornets" next season. That being said, you posed a question on an open forum, no need to get upset...BOL with your selection and hope GS wins for you. ..
    No man, I was not upset, maybe it came across like that. Don't take this forum that seriously, only concerned with winning. BOL to you as well.

JAnthony
    JAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Appreciate the insight, the game looks to be headed to PK or worse for me, so can't really back out. GSW definitely capable of covering with the players out.
    Of course, man, I never said that they are not capable to cover, but, even though I tried, I really was not able to come up with a reason not to back Pelicans at this spot, they are really dominant in game aspects Warriors are currently lacking due to Iguodala and Bogut absence. Nevertheless, there is a chance that all my reasoning will go down the drain and I'll have to swallow my words.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

No man, I was not upset, maybe it came across like that. Don't take this forum that seriously, only concerned with winning. BOL to you as well.
    I know the Warriors have the better perimeter shooters, even with the two good guys out and they are fairly well rested as opposed to the Pelicans. That alone should give you enough confidence to stay the course, and besides, most of the so called "expert handicappers" are siding with Warriors. I actually like them myself but will not be playing this one. I need to see how they do first, and then maybe get back on them. BOL. Talk to you soon...

hubbard689

Don't understand all the hoopla about GS right now. They have lost 3 in a row and only hit 100 once, and 2 of those loss' were on the road, and now Bogut is suspended. You folks must know more than me....
    To be honest, yes I think I know more than you. Feel free to issue me a capping challenge. #SBRrivalz

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hubbard689 View Post
    To be honest, yes I think I know more than you. Feel free to issue me a capping challenge. #SBRrivalz
    I'm sure you do mother hubbard...no argument from me...just soaking up the Intel...I just got mopped last night, now down to 27-8...went 1-3 Monday...that's what I get for getting greedy and making 4 plays instead of my customary 1 or possibly 2. But thanks for asking...

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

this thread s making me scratch my head.....

nobody gonna mention that one team played last Saturday night while the other is on the end of a road trip B2B.

C'mon people

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    this thread s making me scratch my head.....

nobody gonna mention that one team played last Saturday night while the other is on the end of a road trip B2B.

C'mon people
    I did mention the Warriors are well rested, and the Pelicans/Hornets played last night, but if you are familiar with this site you will find more people with huge ego's like Hubbard , than people wanting to discuss intelligent information about pending games. See, it's all about them. So sometimes for laughs you have to fire a few broadsides to rattle them back to reality, sad but true...

stuck621
    stuck621's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

harrison barnes is a great replacement for iggy

more athletic, better player

ride it out

dulm1204
    dulm1204's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2075

the public is on the warriors ... but line keeps dipping .......that should tell u something... plus the pelicans are good at home....

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Pelicans aren't bad it might be close they have Ryan Anderson back too

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dulm1204 View Post
    the public is on the warriors ... but line keeps dipping .......that should tell u something... plus the pelicans are good at home....
    That's what I said in post @ #4:34 PM. Nobody cares. There are other games worth looking @ besides this "iffy" one. But whatever....

hus7ler
    hus7ler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 596

Quote Originally Posted by JAnthony View Post

Ya,its great to be mentally prepared. But its a whole nother thing to be ass out. Their legs will probably give out late 3rd or early-mid 4th quarter.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hus7ler View Post
    Ya,its great to be mentally prepared. But its a whole nother thing to be ass out. Their legs will probably give out late 3rd or early-mid 4th quarter.
    I would guess you are right about that. Hard to believe pro athlete's can't play two nights in a row without exhausting themselves...But then again we have folks on here betting against teams that don't exist aka the "HORNETS" and old mother Hubbard challenging me to a grudge match "capping" LOL. What a crew this is sometimes...

hubbard689

So what you're saying is you're pussing out of the challenge?

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Bet on this line solely due to RLM. Trust the big money more than I trust any of you twerps.

=)

bababooey13
    bababooey13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Bet on this line solely due to RLM. Trust the big money more than I trust any of you twerps.

=)
    there's rlm in every single nba game tonight.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

I would take the over. With curry back I think they're offense will shine. I think their offense will struggle without bogie and iffy, give up lots of points

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by hubbard689 View Post
    So what you're saying is you're pussing out of the challenge?
    I am not wimping out mother Hubbard. I tell you what, you tell me what website to go to or give your e-mail address, and I will reciprocate, and I will gladly accept your challenge. By the way, I don't see you posting your record so far this NBA season, nor do I see it on this site. So please enlighten us all as to how well you are doing, Mr. or Mrs. genius. Consider the match on !!!!

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey13 View Post
    there's rlm in every single nba game tonight.
    Nice avatar...

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

lmao at this thread

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

Pelicans not looking so hot, surprised on how well GS is playing defensively right now. Pelicans might get it together second half, well see.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Golden States bigs absolutely killing New Orleans right now.