austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

ESPN Friday

YTD 36-29-3

1) Detroit PK

Detroit starts its 5 game road trip tonight @ The Pepsi Center. After dropping their last 2 home games, they desperately need a win here. The loss of Hunter is huge will probabaly lead to more minutes for Billups, but as far as a fatigue factor I don't see that as big of an issue as I do later on in the trip when traveled to Phoenix. The Denver altitude seems to give visiting teams problems, but Detroit in need of a win on the first road game of the trip, I expect a max effort defensively tonight from Detroit as they pull away late.

2) Philadelphia +2

Lakers are playing their 4th straight road game tonight minus Lamar Odom who is a big loss. LA will miss his rebounding contributions the most and these are the types of game where Kobe tries to take over, but the misconception is that when Kobe tries to take over, the Lakers come out victorious. This could not be further from the truth. LA also has Dallas on deck and after a push from Los Angeles tonight, if the game seems out of reach, they just might mail it in.

3) Boston +3

Boston desperately needs a win tonight. With the upcoming weeks schedule, it is not favorable at all, with road games at Chicago, Dallas and San Antonio. Tonight I expect a motivated effort from Boston and Pierce should have his way all game which is what this team feeds off of. Taking Boston and the 3 points.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston needs to lose. The only thing left to play for this season is worst record and a 50% chance of landing either Oden or Durant. There are no more games remaining that Boston "desperately" needs to win.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with your Pistons play, but I do like your 76ers play.

BOL to you tonight Austin.

austintx05

baba - if boston's intent is to lose then it will be a blowout, but I do not believe that this team will be trying to lose.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    baba - if boston's intent is to lose then it will be a blowout, but I do not believe that this team will be trying to lose.
    Not saying they will be trying to lose... Just saying they don't "desperately need a win" as you had stated. They are playing for a coach who knows he's gone after this season and for a fanbase that is openly rooting for them to lose. Players like Pierce will NEVER try to lose a game. I'm just saying that there is no sense of desperation that I can imagine.

I'm not playing the NBA tonight, so I hope you go 3-0 tonight. i wasn't trying to dog your pick, just kinda making an off the cuff remark about the general state of Boston Celtics' bball right now. Of course, I'm borrowing liberally from The Sports Guy, so maybe I should let the real Boston fans deal with their team...
    Last edited by babaoriley; 03-09-07 at 05:15 PM.

austintx05

3-0 day ....

YTD 39-29-3

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05 View Post
    3-0 day ....

YTD 39-29-3

And you said that posting your plays at SBR was a jinx a while back.

Very nice Mr.Austin Congrats

austintx05

Did I?

Don't remember that...but either way....

bigboydan

I remember something to that effect Austin, but no biggie.