bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Knicks wants Rondo for Shumpert and Stat

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

stat, lol. shumpert and the knicks first round pick + cash maybe.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

There is one thing and one thing only that will put Carmello in a position where he might challenge for a title and that is an elite PG.

He needs an Alpha male running the point, someone who is confident and self assured, so that when Carmello gets down in the block and just demands the ball, his PG (I.e Chris Paul/Tony Parker) can say NO, I'll run the offence and if you do some work and get yourself into a good position then I might give you the ball.

Is Rondo that guy - maybe? But I don't think so personally.

frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Without brain transplant, Carmelo will never win a title as a number 1,2,3 option. The only way he might get a ring is when he signs with future Miami Heat in 5-10 years for a veteran minimum. Also, point guards do not win titles in the NBA. Just name me a championship team, where the PG was the best player.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
    Without brain transplant, Carmelo will never win a title as a number 1,2,3 option. The only way he might get a ring is when he signs with future Miami Heat in 5-10 years for a veteran minimum. Also, point guards do not win titles in the NBA. Just name me a championship team, where the PG was the best player.
    Surely you are joking?

Magic Johnson

Isiah Thomas

Walt Frazier

Oscar Robertson