SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Heat +3½ vs Pistons

Heat +3½ vs Pistons

Game Time: 3/2/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

Strong in this series versus the spread at home, back the underdog Miami Heat this evening against the Detroit Pistons.

The Heat take on the Pistons with revenge on their minds in this, the fifth consecutive revenge affair in a row for Miami since the All-Star break.

Miami (28-29) has won two of their last three, including a 92-83 triumph over the Wizards in Washington on Wednesday. Detroit (36-19) remains atop the Eastern Conference playoff standings, and comes into this one on a 4-game winning streak and victors in 11 of their last 12 contests.

With Detroit in off a revenger (win) of their own against Chicago, look for Miami to make it five against the spread home wins in a row in this series here tonight.

Play: Heat +3½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the Heat Mr. Lawrence.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Only way I would play this game is with the Heat. But Im passing on the game.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I may disagree with Marc. Contrary to what it may seem, this is not an important game to the Heat. Not under the circumstances. Why should these old guys go all out against the East's strongest team just to make a statement? Wouldn't they be better off conserving some energy and focusing on opponents that can be conquered more easily?

I'm also not buying the revenge angle. Revenge means you step it up an extra level (which the Heat has very little room for), and are the superior or equal team (which they aren't).

If anything, the Pistons should be the more motivated team. A perfect time to exercise some killer instinct and take the spirit out of vulnerable Miami.

Too much speculation in my own statements. Pass.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 03-02-07 at 05:24 PM.