hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Who' s been to a NBA game?

Is it worth it? Assuming you havent paid for great seats which are about 10-15% of all seats. Many times camera shows the view from nosebleed sections, and the court looks so tiny. It is hard to imagine someone enjoying watching basketball through binoculars. Please share your expierence.

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

I have. was game 2 knicks vs celtics last year so it was pretty good. depends if its a good game or not really.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

A lot...seats not cheap in NY or Brooklyn even 2nd tier, the NBA is a hot league now.

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Yeah, it's pretty cool.

I wouldn't bring kids to an NBA game, the players cuss too much on the court now.

A guy like Kevin Garnett can't shoot a jumper without claiming to get fouled and saying "Oh fukk, dawg. Shit!"

I think the best sports atmosphere/the most fun sport to attend is hockey games followed by nfl games.

At hockey games they will have cool promotions like where everyone throws teddy bears on the ice and then they give the bears to sick kids or poor kids.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I've never minded being up high in the stadium regardless of the sport. It's true you don't feel the intensity of the game as much but as far as seeing the action unless you have bad eyesight you shouldn't have any problems. The worst seats to see the action are low and in the corner, then seeing the opposite corner of the court/field is always annoying.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

suites are cheap on ebay and family loves them, first year for season tickets access that my son purchase, also bought lions

buckeyesooner
    buckeyesooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2127

Actually been to more ABA games then NBA but hit about 5 games a year of the Thunder. Very fun great atmosphere.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Great experience no matter where you sit. The whole atmosphere outside the arena before the game inside the arena during the game makes it a worthwhile experience for sure~

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Went to Thunder @ Knicks last year and it was awesome from where we were.
    But as JJ said tickets very expensive...not worth it. Might go to Thunder @ 76ers in January should be cheaper then at MSG.

xelemental
    xelemental's Avatar Become A Pro!

worth it to experience it once at least in your life

SBRW
    SBRW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Depends on the game you're going to, packed house at MSG is a completely different experience than a Bobcats home, though both experiences are great.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Probably over 50 spread over 3 arenas.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

used to go to Nets game all the time back in the day when they were competitive. good seats in general aren't that expensive. Its a good athmosphere as long as its a close game. What team are you planning on seeing?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Never been

chino08
    chino08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11256

been to a few games myself, always like to sit on the sides, lower level around mid court (little expensive)

but i wonder, do you guys have a preference of sitting on the sides with the benches or on the other side?
    When getting tickets i always go back and forth with this decision.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Waste of money

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I have been to a few. Have had Thunder season tickets since the inception. Honestly half the time I have to work so we give them away, the other half we go half the time and usually leave at half time. We usually don't get interested until playoffs.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    I have no money
    Fixed

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I have been to a few. Have had Thunder season tickets since the inception. Honestly half the time I have to work so we give them away, the other half we go half the time and usually leave at half time. We usually don't get interested until playoffs.
    Man I wish I lived in the area!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to about 10 games back in the 90's when the Charlotte Hornets were pretty cool (Larry Johnson, Alonzo, Mugsey, Rex Chapman, Kelly Ipukd). Saw Jordan play and decimate the Hornets once but never went to a playoff game or anything of significance.

Best time I ever had was watching a game at MSG but it was Big East tourney when I was stationed in New York. Generally college games are always better imho.

The seats I had for the Hornets games were terrible and it was a little difficult to really see anything. Football a better experience with bad seats. Also baseball games you can get in for like nothing and much easier to just float around for a better seat, if you live in a low attendance market.
    Last edited by Ra77er; 10-31-13 at 10:06 AM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Can't afford tix

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Been to tonnes. Most memorable was probably in 96 when the Raptors beat Jordan and the Bulls in their record setting season for wins.
    Was absolutely insane in the Skydome.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

My dad took me in '94 when I was in high school in NY. Front row seats for Knicks v Pistons at MSG. Joe Dumars and a 1st year rookie Grant Hill vs. the bad boy Knicks - Oakley, Ewing, Starks, Rivers (yeah that's Doc Rivers kids - the guy you watch coaching these days). Was the one of the greatest days in my life. He bought front row seats of one of his rich jew boy season ticket pals and at one point Starks took off on the fast break and dunked a big tomahawk and it literally felt like he was posterizing me, we were that close to the action. As an NBA nutter I begged and begged my dad to get tickets when Scottie and MJ came to town, but he said he couldn't get any - Jordan sold out every god damn arena, every god damn game, it was so hard to get tickets to watch him live. On school nights I used to hide under the covers and listen to the West Coast games on my radio, really low so my bad tempered old man wouldn't catch me, those were the days......

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    used to go to Nets game all the time back in the day when they were competitive. good seats in general aren't that expensive. Its a good athmosphere as long as its a close game. What team are you planning on seeing?
    hi! thanks for reply i am not planning on attending NBA game as im not residing in the US, but if i were it would involve the spurs
    Last edited by hotelis; 10-31-13 at 10:48 AM.

Roy Halladay
    Roy Halladay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

If you're close enough it is. Don't make the mistake of sitting on one of the ends. I got like 7th row tickets behind one of the baskets one time and half the shots were obstructed.
    Last edited by Roy Halladay; 10-31-13 at 10:50 AM. Reason: grammar fix

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    Is it worth it? Assuming you havent paid for great seats which are about 10-15% of all seats. Many times camera shows the view from nosebleed sections, and the court looks so tiny. It is hard to imagine someone enjoying watching basketball through binoculars. Please share your expierence.

Yeah i mean MLB baseball is by far the best sport to see live and in person...

NFL is better on tv than in person.

NBA is almost unwatchable on TV but its pretty cool if you have
    lower level seats..

upper level you cant hardly see anything and thats where the thugs sit

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Went to about 5 nets games last season ranging from the lower tiers to noseblood including Game 2 last year against the Bulls. They were all worth it. Might have had more fun in with the crazier people in the nosebleeds though. Wanted to take my dad to a Knicks game but if you want to see anybody good with decent seats, your gonna be paying out the ass.

Thing that stood out to me the most out of all the games was how quick Tony Parker is. Guy could get anywhere on the floor he wanted.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Yes, it was worth it. I went to nets game in newark and got good seats for cheap, in brooklyn its a different story.

I've never sat way up high, i can imagine it would suck. But even the upper deck is good if your in the first few rows.

The angle is more important than anything though.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    My dad took me in '94 when I was in high school in NY. Front row seats for Knicks v Pistons at MSG. Joe Dumars and a 1st year rookie Grant Hill vs. the bad boy Knicks - Oakley, Ewing, Starks, Rivers (yeah that's Doc Rivers kids - the guy you watch coaching these days). Was the one of the greatest days in my life. He bought front row seats of one of his rich jew boy season ticket pals and at one point Starks took off on the fast break and dunked a big tomahawk and it literally felt like he was posterizing me, we were that close to the action. As an NBA nutter I begged and begged my dad to get tickets when Scottie and MJ came to town, but he said he couldn't get any - Jordan sold out every god damn arena, every god damn game, it was so hard to get tickets to watch him live. On school nights I used to hide under the covers and listen to the West Coast games on my radio, really low so my bad tempered old man wouldn't catch me, those were the days......
    lol nice

Goat Milk

Yeah try and sneak down to the first few rows if possible. make sure you act as if those are your seats. you can scout out seats with your binoculars and then take them at halftime.

also make sure you get close enough where you can call out plays and tell the players what to do and where the mismatches are.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26811

msg not very easy to sneak down if your in the single# sections have to go in through the 100 section there is a guy there checking tickets all the time then when you get down to the single # there is another guy there checking tickets i went to about 20 games last year including playoffs. best buy imo is baseball no matter where you sit. at a baseball game the real fans are in the upper deck mostly corporate down low

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

In comparison to other ticket prices in other leagues, it's worth it. I went to a few Celtics games the past few seasons and it's always a great time at The Garden. Ticket prices were a little inflated due to the success, but it's worth the night out.

The best atmosphere for the value is the NHL (if you have a full house).

therealdealau
    therealdealau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1069

I holidayed in the US earlier this year (from Australia), went to a tonne of games and enjoyed everyone of them. I sat in all of the seats (forked out for courtside at the Clippers/Lakers) and sat in the furthermost corner in Oracle to watch the Warriors play the Lakers. Both seats were as good as each other. The atmosphere at Oracle was insane, Warriors fans are nuts. Thoroughly recommend going!

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Going to Kings vs Warriors Saturday night at Oracle. Should be a good time. Don't have very close seats, but it's a bday present so free tix are always good.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    msg not very easy to sneak down if your in the single# sections have to go in through the 100 section there is a guy there checking tickets all the time then when you get down to the single # there is another guy there checking tickets i went to about 20 games last year including playoffs. best buy imo is baseball no matter where you sit. at a baseball game the real fans are in the upper deck mostly corporate down low
    i go to the Palace (Pistons). there are the guys there at both sections checking tickets too. i jusually have solid seats but i like first few rows so i can call out plays, i just go down right before half when everyone is getting up and look at my tickets as if those are my seats. never got got before been doing that for almost 10 years. don't do it everytime though. pick my spots.

12 Last