DoYouNotGetIT
    DoYouNotGetIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Nets look so good on paper, hard to resist thinking they win the NBA Title

This is either going to be a classic looks good on paper, but doesn't work out or NBA Title. I just don't see with 1-6 all stars (Deron Williams, old Paul Pierce, old Kevin Garnett, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, and Andrei Kirilenko) how this team isn't winning the title if this team is clicking on all cylinders. Jason Kidd seems like a guy who can be a highly successful NBA coach. They have the 3 shooters to beat Miami and big men down low who can score to beat Miami. With Garnett down low they have the defense too. Only team in the Western conference that might cause the Nets trouble in the Finals is the Houston Rockets.

(This assumes they win the Eastern Conference) Deron Williams on defense has always been the best or close to it when it comes to defense from a PG (don't ask me what happened in the Chicago playoff series last year) so I don't see Russell Westbrook, Stephen Curry, or Tony Parker being super effective like they're against Miami. LA Clippers are a great regular season team they have no superstar 2nd scorer after Chris Paul. Blake Griffin isn't effective, Crawford isn't a guy who will put 17 points a game in the postseason effectively, Barnes not happening, and Jared Dudley is overrated. Chris Paul is in the same boat as Derrick Rose. Deng = Crawford, Butler = Dudley, and Boozer = Griffin

(Nets won't be a spectacular regular season team, because they will sit Pierce, Garnett, and Johnson a lot during the regular season.) Joe Johnson is 32, but he has a lot of 39.5+ minute seasons and all were when he was 22-27 years old. In comparison Lebron James hasn't played a 39.5+ season since he was 23.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

can't see it... season is so long... KG and Pierce are old... look at them last year in playoffs...
    slower, worse this year.*

Father Time. no getting around it.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Would take the Pacers, Bulls and Heat over the Nets.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

the lakers add 2 all stars last year and then went straight into the toilet

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    the lakers add 2 all stars last year and then went straight into the toilet
    well said. "career stats" do not play the games.

bodies do. whatever age they are. kG done. Pierce is less, but no legs for May, June *

Jason Terry (ditto)

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

I know one thing - the Nets have one of the most impressive benches I have seen in a very long time. Their 2nd string would knock off Philly's starters...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

gona take some time for the nets to gel. the pieces actually fit for this team unlike the disaster in la la land last year.

kidd as a rookie coach needs to make sure that kg and pierce arent run into the ground during the regular season.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nets looking like 5th or 6th.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by JabooFootball View Post
    Nets looking like 5th or 6th.
    Stick to football.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

how about JASON KIDD factor?

Coolin
    Coolin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

I don't even think they're gonna put together 50 wins this season.

Birdman557
    Birdman557's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

They are going to go 4-5 in the East, but definitely not touching Miami, Chicago and Indiana.

Coolin
    Coolin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman557 View Post
    They are going to go 4-5 in the East, but definitely not touching Miami, Chicago and Indiana.
    That's what im saying. I don't think Nets are going to be higher than the Knicks, nor Atlanta either.

Zeus54
    Zeus54's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 490

Quote Originally Posted by Coolin View Post
    That's what im saying. I don't think Nets are going to be higher than the Knicks, nor Atlanta either.
    Nets will most likely be 4th behind Heat, Bulls, and Pacers. They played like garbage for most of the season last year and still finished 4th (albeit would have been 5th if Rose wasn't a pussy and sat out). So really, it's not much of a stretch that they finish 4th or even 3rd this season. Knicks will regress quite a bit this year... and... Atlanta?

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I'm rooting for the Nets this season, not the Celtics.

Like them Wednesday at Cleveland and Friday in home arena
    opener vs the Heat
    Last edited by Snowball; 10-28-13 at 04:50 PM.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Don't expect them to win the title...but they will out rebound the Heat...and they can knock down shots ....can't see Miami winning that game...

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

My Pacers are loaded and in their prime....except David West but he's a rookie compared to Garnett. The big question for Indy is Roy Hibbert. If the playoffs Roy Hibbert is here to stay then they're #2 at worst in the East imo. If its back to 20-12 one night and 6-5-5 fouls the next then Miami, Chicago and Brooklyn are all easily better.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Nets will make the playoffs. I think they could win 50 to 55 games. KG, Pierce and Jason Terry make them a better team and gets them a series win in the playoffs.

smarotta09
    smarotta09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10427

NETS lose to heat in the conference finals

ephi408
    ephi408's Avatar Become A Pro!

How was Kidd in the preseason

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

This team will probably lose to someone like Cleveland in the playoffs. Can totally see them bombing when it matters most.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

They'll hit the wall in February like all old teams do.

violivei12
    violivei12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    can't see it... season is so long... KG and Pierce are old... look at them last year in playoffs...
    slower, worse this year.*

Father Time. no getting around it.
    HUH??
    Pierce Averaged 19.2 ppg in the playoffs last year w/o rondo passing him the ball and KG pulled down 13.7 rebounds...

People have been saying these two guys are too old for 5 years now but they never do. Due to the Rondo Injury you cant judge the Celtics from last year.
    This is a good situation for these guys in Brooklyn because they don't have to be the top dogs. These are two guys who have showed they care about the team more than themselves. They seem like guys who will be able to make a seamless transition into role players. Two of the better role players in the league at that. I believe this is nothing like the Lakers situation last year. An aging PP and KG are nothing like Kobe and Dwight. These two are competitors who will bring it. It's Johnson, William and Lopez I am worried about.

JabooFootball
    JabooFootball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    Stick to football.
    Miami, Indiana, Chicago, (possibly) New York.