Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

C a v s

Where will my Cavs fall in the pecking order of the East?? wishful thinking says #5-6 seed.

If every one stays healthy I'd say #5

Injuries to Irving, Bynum, Varejao, Waiter.... #8 or out of playoffs..

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

healthy 6th seed, cavs have way to many ifs on there team
    will bynum play? will varejao be able to play a full season? how will bennett turn out? will dion waiters keep playing at a high level? will tristan thompson keep improving? and most importantly will kyrie stay healthy?

id say they miss the playoffs because some other teams have really stepped up, but if they stay healthy they could easily be a top 6 team in the east

Pan43
    Pan43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3327

Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Chicago Bulls, Brooklyn Nets, New York Knicks, healthy Bynum Cleveland Cavaliers

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Cav's are a playoff team this year no doubt. A lot of things will have to go wrong for them to miss the playoffs. Unless you realistically see teams like Milwaukee, Washington and Atlanta being better than the Cav's then they are in the playoffs and may even cause some trouble in the 1st round. 6th-8th is the window for them. Even if Melo, J.R and Artest start brawling in NY the Knicks are just too stacked offensively and (believe it or not) defensively as well to not finish in the top 5, and to think the Cav's could finish higher than any of the "big 4" in the East is probably wishful thinking. Having said all that, it's a great time to be a Cav's fan, fantasic young core group of players and there is absolutely no reason why they can't be a serious contender in 2-3 years max.

firekillex

cavs can be a great team in the next 2-3 years but this isnt there time yet..
    top 5 teams are automatically
    1) miami heat
    2) bulls
    3) pacers
    4) nets
    5) knicks

then you can debate 6-8 with the pistons,hawks, wizards, raptors and cavs

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Pistons and Cavs should be in the mix. I thought Raptors are a good team but I have a friend claiming they want to trade Rudy Gay and get Wiggins somehow (tank?). Cavs probably wont stay healthy though and some team like the Hawks might sneak in.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

I could see the Cavs finishing as high as 5 IF, as everyone has already stated, they stay healthy.

firekillex

personally i think pistons are better then the cavs brandon jennings, billups, josh smith, andre drummond, greg monroe thats a very very good roster with some great young talent. Cavs are slightly just behind in my opinion unless bynum comes back and plays like his old self.

And git lo, im from toronto and thats a pipe dream to say wed trade away our best player to tank and to get a less then 30% chance of getting wiggins. Even tho everybody here loves wiggins and rudys contract is bigger then hes worth our gm wouldnt let that happen. well play out the first quarter of the season and see where we are first. If rudy, derozan, jonas, lowry and amir johnson all play to there potential we could easily be a playoff team, especially with tross, hansborough and landry fields helping us off the bench

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

That sounds more believable firekillx although my friend may have solid information as his source of information may be from an actual player/friend who plays for the Raptors, I am not sure he was speaking on his behalf though. I agree though lets see how it plays out, the NBA gets more interesting every single year I love it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i think cavs could go as high as 5th, as low as 8th, ill be surprised if they miss the playoffs, i still hate the bennett pick.