Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Artest - thoughts?

Artest decided not to play against his old team last night for personal reasons. That's the spirit if you want to reach the playoffs! Kings stepped up without their inspirational leader and wiped out Pacers.

Question: is Artest expected back in the lineup tonight?

Or does it not matter? Second game without leader, after team steps up in first game, is often flat. And if he is back, why should his teammates care about such a self-centered player, when they just showed how they can play without him? Either scenario would be negative for Kings.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heres the info you are seeking DH:

The Sacramento Bee reports Artest sent an email to the team saying he would play against the 76ers.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks.

An e-mail... Not even a phone call.

Is there more to this story? I know he doesn't get along with the coach.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only other little clip I seen that was of substance in that report was this DH.

"(The) guys played outstanding," he wrote in the email. "(I'm) looking forward to tomorrow."

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sacramento is a mess, underachieving, and without their normal strong home edge. They've been notably bad on the second games of back-to-backs recently, losing to NJ, NORL, and SEA (at home!) by double digits this month. Those are not powerhouse teams, obviously. Sac is a mess, and as weak as Philly is I'd probably take them at -2.5 tonight, if forced to choose, even (especially?) if Artest plays.
    Last edited by The HG; 02-26-07 at 06:21 PM.