SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dave Cokin: Timberwolves +6 vs Suns

Timberwolves +6 vs Suns

Game Time: 2/23/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Dave Cokin
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Back the Timberwolves at home as the underdogs tonight when Minnesota hosts the Phoenix Suns.

I'm sure the Suns will remember their last trip to Minnesota, as that's where their long winning streak finally came to an end. I expect the betting public to remember it as well, and believe they will be heavily on the Suns here.

But the oddsmakers know all this as well and it's reflected in the line. I think the value is with the Timberwolves to make this a terrific battle, so my Friday NBA pick is on Minnesota plus the points.

Play: Minnesota +6

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be careful with this one. PHX lost that game to MIN because they were giddy, going for their 18th straight win.

If PHX truly comes in with revenge on their minds they'll win with DD. Just look at what happened to WAS, after they ended the Suns 15 game winning streak. It was never close.

I'm leaning towards MIN +6.5, because I doubt the Suns qualify for 'revenge', but prefer to steer clear off this one. GL.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 02-23-07 at 10:11 AM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I thought the value in this game laid with the UNDER so I played it at 216 last night. Please note however that it was down to 213 at last check.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I agree Dave. I have a lean on the T-Wolves tonight. Let see if the public pushes the line our way.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm rolling with the T'Wolves as well Mr.Cokin.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like the T'wolves ml tonight.