SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scott Spreitzer: Mavs -10½ vs Heat

Mavs -10½ vs Heat

Game Time: 2/22/2007 9:30:00 PM
    By: Scott Spreitzer
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Back the Dallas Mavericks Thursday night at home in a rematch of last year's Finals versus the Miami Heat.

I'm laying the points with Dallas on Thursday. When the Mavs are at home, we either play on them or pass the game altogether. After all, they're 24-3 straight up, with an average home final of 102-90!

The only reason they're not better than 15-11 against the spread at home is due to the fact that they're installed as double-digit chalk quite often. But tonight, they're laying single-digits. After starting the season 0-4 straight up/against the spread, (two home, two road), Dallas has been outstanding at home when laying less than 10 points. Since November 14, they're 13-1 straight up, 10-4 against the spread in that role, including 7-0 straight up, 6-1 against the spread as single-digit chalk since December 9.

Even though the Mavs beat Miami in South Florida earlier this season, they're still in payback mode for last year's Finals loss. They're also out to prove they're the best team in the league. Meanwhile, the injury bug continues to haunt Miami. Dwayne Wayne suffered a dislocated shoulder in last night's game at Houston and he's not expected to be with the team tonight. With a chip on their shoulder, we'll back Dallas minus points on Thursday.

Play: Mavericks -10½

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Did this open at 10.5?

Because I see it just post at the Hilton at 13. I didn't have time to check offshore before I left.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought thats what I saw as well looker.

I'll still take my chances with the Heat plus that nice price.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Yeah, I will take the 13, even without Wade.

milton50
    milton50's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am thinking about laying a large sum on a parlay with the Heat plus the points and the under. Any thoughts????

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Heat +13 is the only way I can play this.