hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

MJ: I could beat LeBron 1-on-1 in my prime

In a video promoting the NBA 2K14 video game that is being released Tuesday, Jordan said there's a long list of players he would've liked to have played one-on-one -- Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Julius Erving, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, Bryant and James, who is on the cover of this year's game.

"I don't think I would lose," Jordan says in the video, before smiling and adding, "other than to Kobe Bryant, because he steals all of my moves."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/97...on-james-prime

typical...

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Jordan is a conversation stopper, meaning if his name is brought up in a best of all time conversation, his name ends the discussion. It really isn't a fair fight when you invoke his airness and the media knows it. A day after Lebron announces to the media that he wants to be greatest of all time, espn magically pops up with yet another video of Jordan sideswipping Lebron in favor of Kobe Bryant...lol.......hmmm I smell a rat. I suspect there is a certain amount of jealousy still brewing over Lebron's decision to leave Cleveland...certain people feel threatened...LOL....and it is showing. When Lebron was loosing in Cleveland, and getting trounced in the playoffs, nobody was criticizing...nobody was worried...he wasn't even a threat to Kobe further more Jordan...until he left to play with a better supporting cast..won a chip....what did we hear?

"Well he isn't better than Kobe...Kobe's got 5 rings.." lmaoooooooooooooooo

Then he went on a scoring rampage, average 30 plus and 50 percent or above for days on end...and the narrative changed again to..

"well Kobe can beat him one on one...." lmaoooooooooooooo

Then Lebron won a 2nd Chip...and a 4th MVP...and the narrative changed yet again to..

"Well he ain't better than Jordan" hahahaha.....

Are we seeing a pattern here? Why is it that everytime Lebron does something or achieves something, do they keep moving the bar higher and higher? Is it because he is a threat to said players legacy? Why is he even perceived as a threat?..why does one players greatness diminish anothers? why not enjoy greatness for what it is regardless of the era they played in? I think jealousy is the problem...it has always been the problem.

The jealousy was so great that magic Johnson offered Lebron a million to participate in the dunk contest, probably hoping that he injure himself barring himself and his team from another ring.....what player in their 10th season in the league, pursuing their 2nd ring and 4th mvp has time for a dunk contest? hahahaha

Did Bill Russel sit down with Bob Costas to discuss how he would destroy Magic in a one on one? Imagine Larry Bird chiming in at 40 about how he would destroy Jordan in a one on one.....lmaooooooooooooooo

15 year old kids who never saw Jordan play think Lebron is better which is nonsense, but us grown ups know better. Most basketball historians know better. There is no need for Jordan or espn to continue to come out and sideswipe a ball player of Lebron's caliber just to prove to the public that he isn't so and so. This isn't some young 21 year old punk who hasn't won anything and is trying to upstage all time great veterans...Lebron has 4 mvp's and two rings...its outright disrespectful to come out and say these things at this point in Lebron's career. The media, and the old timers are jealous of this man's success....and will stop at nothing to diminish it. Kobe is finished folks....Jordan knows this and does not perceive Kobe as a threat to his legacy which is why he continues to prop up Kobe while sideswipping Lebron...We are never jealous of those we deem inferior....lol...am i right?

Remember folks, when the NBA starting calling Kobe the next Jordan in 98 at the all star game, it infuriated Jordan to the point that he made it a priority to school him during the game...pointing out to the press, that he was still in the league and that there would be no next Jordan...so why is he now giving Kobe credit? Because perhaps my enemies enemy is my friend....lmaooo....AM I RIGHT? Lebron has already surpassed Kobe and is creeping up on Bird and Magic....Jordan had better hope Beasley and Oden don't work out.....lol or he may very well have to come out of retirement and put this theory to the test....and Lebron ain't No Gilchrist....LOLOL

Last edited by Menses; 10-01-13 at 05:20 PM.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

why wouldn't Jordan say this?

why wouldn't Lebron say this about the 6'10 guy that has the same skills he does now in 2030