LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Basketball Parlay of the Day - Monday, 2/19/07

Post your 2 best basketball plays each day, NBA and CBB full-game Sides & Totals allowed only, no halves. Same game Side/Total parlays are ok.

All parlays will be graded as 10.00 to win 26.00, and I will do the standings for the month of February at least.

The Catch: You must have SOME ANALYSIS for each play. Only needs to be one sentence, no big deal, although full paragraphs are ok too. Plays submitted with no analysis will NOT COUNT toward standings.

LT Profits

Code:
    STANDINGS 
    Name            W       L       W/P     Units
    LT Profits	6	11	0	46
    DoctorJ    	3	4	0	38
    babaoriley 	2	2	0	32
    Hemlock21	2	2	0	32
    cadillacb	3	5	0	28
    Jay Edgar	3	5	0	28
    EaglesPhan36	3	6	1	27
    mapletree 	1	0	0	26
    Wassymac  	1	0	0	26
    Dave11486	2	3	0	22
    Hulu        	2	3	0	22
    Razz    	4	9	0	14
    Dbldown11	1	3	0	-4
    Dark Horse	0	1	0	-10
    DarkProdigy	0	1	0	-10
    Peyton2Marvin	0	1	0	-10
    Tchocky  	0	1	0	-10
    Willie Bee 	1	4	0	-14
    freeneasy	0	2	0	-20
    imastud2  	0	2	0	-20
    img94      	0	2	0	-20
    tnkwilli	0	2	0	-20
    durito      	1	7	1	-35
    Pegasus 	0	4	0	-40
    rjt721      	0	5	0	-50

GAME-BY-GAME 
    Name            W       L       P        Pct
    mapletree 	2	0	0	100.0%
    Wassymac  	2	0	0	100.0%
    Hemlock21	6	2	0	75.0%
    DoctorJ    	10	4	0	71.4%
    Hulu        	7	3	0	70.0%
    EaglesPhan36	12	6	2	66.7%
    babaoriley 	5	3	0	62.5%
    Dbldown11	5	3	0	62.5%
    Dave11486	6	4	0	60.0%
    Willie Bee 	6	4	0	60.0%
    Razz    	15	11	0	57.7%
    cadillacb	9	7	0	56.3%
    LT Profits	17	15	2	53.1%
    Jay Edgar	8	8	0	50.0%
    img94      	2	2	0	50.0%
    Dark Horse	1	1	0	50.0%
    DarkProdigy	1	1	0	50.0%
    Tchocky  	1	1	0	50.0%
    durito      	7	9	4	43.8%
    rjt721      	3	7	0	30.0%
    Pegasus 	2	6	0	25.0%
    freeneasy	1	3	0	25.0%
    imastud2  	1	3	0	25.0%
    Peyton2Marvin	0	2	0	0.0%
    tnkwilli	0	3	1	0.0%

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Butler -5.5: I look for Butler to bounce back big in this one after that disappointing loss to So. Illinois over the weekend. They need to win out to have any chance of winning the regular season conference title, and 5.5 is a very manageable number against a mediocre opponent. I like Butler big in this one.

Marist pk: I think Marist is clearly the class of the MAAC this year, and they need this game to keep the top spot in the conference. Marist's guard play will be too much for a young Fairfield team to handle.

LT Profits

We are going to kick back with a bucket of Buffalo Wings and a six-pack and a couple of ESPN games tonight.

VILLANOVA/MARQUETTE UNDER 132: The UNDER is always worth a look in Big East games, and this contest is no exception. Villanova has gone UNDER in six of its last seven games overall, as well as six of its last eight road games. The last two Wildcat games have produced just a combined 112 and 113 points respectively. The UNDER is also 7-2 in the last nine Marquette home games, and the Golden Eagles defense is allowing just 59.2 points per game on 40.4 percent shooting in this building this season.

SAN FRANCISCO +5.5: Frankly we do not trust either of these teams as a decided favorite, so we will take these rather generous points with the Dons in this ESPN Midnight Special. St. Mary’s is under .500 at 13-14 SU and 9-15 ATS overall, and it is just a modest 7-6 ATS in its lined home games. More importantly the Gaels have been on the skids lately, losing their last four consecutive games both SU and ATS, with three of those losses coming in this favorite role! San Francisco has not been terrible on the road going 7-7 ATS, and it has won two of its last three road games SU.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heh. I'm right on with LT tonight!

Villanova/Marquette Under 131.5
    As pointed out, the Big East trends to the under. Nova has hit the under in 6 of its last 7 and Marquette has gone under in 3 straight at home.

San Francisco +5.5
    Go with the hot team as San Francisco has won 5 of 6 and St.mary's is swinging the other way, having lost 5 of 6. Wouldn't be surprised if SF won straight up.

jhippe77
    jhippe77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas -5 vs Kansas St.

Kansas has been blowing people out of late and I see no reason why the can't come into K-state and pull out a 9-13 pt win tonight...

Fairfield +1 vs. Marist

I think Fairfield will be fired up for a very good Marist team on their home court and they are getting good line value for being a strong team at home.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Kansas -5 at Kansas State
    The Jayhawks can smell the Big 12 regular season title and I fully expect them to win out. Predict a 72-64 score in this one for Kansas.

Kansas-Kansas St Over 135½
    Daily double on this game. Guess we'll see how close my 72-64 pick really is

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, while I'm on board with the Nova/Marquette Under, I'll at least leave it off my parlay card to avoid having three identical parlays:

San Fran +6 (at allpro.com)-I must be missing an angle here. I've also thrown a half unit on the SF ML at +220. As mentioned, you have two teams going in completely different directions, and getting 6 points is an absolute gift. the fact that the line shift is actually favoring St. Mary's astounds me even more (and worries me a little), but I think this is an easy cover for SF.

Kansas -5.5- As much as I want to believe that K. St. can pull this one off (and believe me, I looked for every possible angle that could lead one to that conclusion), I just see no way they keep this game close. With impressive road wins at Texas and USC, I think this K.St team has the ability to win a game against a top-tier opponent. However, they've simply not been challenged at home. Texas Tech is the best team they've played in Manhattan, and Tech won by 10. Kansas will simply outclass K. State in every facet of the game tonight and should easily cover that 5.5. revenge will not be a factor here.

bigpig19
    bigpig19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas State +5'
    K. State fighting for a tourney bid playing at home where they are 12-1 this year. They are playing in revenge against a team off of 3 blowout wins. Can you say let down for the Jayhawks

Western Carolina +7
    Another home dog playing a team off of a national television upset win at Wichita St. WCU off of 3 losses and looking for a win at home against a top notch team. Look for WCU to lay it on the line and win this game straight up, partly because App. St. will come a little flat here

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Pig knows what's up. Namely, that there's an upset brewing in Manhattan tonight.

Kansas State +5.5
    Kansas hasn't played a great team on the road this season, and the two best teams they have played away from home both beat them. I really believe K State is the third best team in the Big 12 right now, and with their home record and the fact that they won't be intimidated by their in-state rivals, I think they get it done here. Getting these generous points is simply a bonus.

Nova/Marquette Under 133.5
    LT Profits summed it up quite nicely, and I would add that James has been struggling and the favored Golden Eagles have been struggling from the FT line, which could hinder late points.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Big Pig knows what's up. Namely, that there's an upset brewing in Manhattan tonight.

Kansas State +5.5
    Kansas hasn't played a great team on the road this season, and the two best teams they have played away from home both beat them. I really believe K State is the third best team in the Big 12 right now, and with their home record and the fact that they won't be intimidated by their in-state rivals, I think they get it done here. Getting these generous points is simply a bonus.

Nova/Marquette Under 133.5
    LT Profits summed it up quite nicely, and I would add that James has been struggling and the favored Golden Eagles have been struggling from the FT line, which could hinder late points.
    Razz, with all due respect, Kansas beat Florida on the road. Granted, it was in the Vegas tourney so it wasn't exactly a home game for Florida, but it goes down in the books as a road victory for Kansas and shows they can play away from home. Also, Kansas State simply has a deceptive home record in my opinion. Kansas seems to really be peaking lately and has just as much incentive to win this game as K.St. K.St. is building a tourney resume. Kansas is trying to build a #1 seed resume. I thought this line would be in the 8-9 point range, so 5.5 seems like I'm getting some value here. Each team has knocks against them, but i think if you put K. St. on a neutral court against florida, they'd get absolutely killed. They don't matchup particularly well against Kansas. Really, the only angle I could find in favor of Kansas St. would be their overall maturity. Kansas is young (only a couple Jr's getting decent minutes, but mostly underclassmen, whereas K. St. has only one underclassmen getting significant minutes). We'll see what happens...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    Razz, with all due respect, Kansas beat Florida on the road. Granted, it was in the Vegas tourney so it wasn't exactly a home game for Florida, but it goes down in the books as a road victory for Kansas and shows they can play away from home. Also, Kansas State simply has a deceptive home record in my opinion. Kansas seems to really be peaking lately and has just as much incentive to win this game as K.St. K.St. is building a tourney resume. Kansas is trying to build a #1 seed resume. I thought this line would be in the 8-9 point range, so 5.5 seems like I'm getting some value here. Each team has knocks against them, but i think if you put K. St. on a neutral court against florida, they'd get absolutely killed. They don't matchup particularly well against Kansas. Really, the only angle I could find in favor of Kansas St. would be their overall maturity. Kansas is young (only a couple Jr's getting decent minutes, but mostly underclassmen, whereas K. St. has only one underclassmen getting significant minutes). We'll see what happens...
    That Florida team doesn't even resemble the one that they have now. Remember, they went to FSU and got beaten soundly the next week. Also, the crowd at that game was almost 100% pro-Kansas. It was the day before the national championship, so no UF fans were at the game, and the neutral fans cheered for the upset.
    I'm not saying Kansas is looking past this game. I know they want to beat their in-state rival. I know they're playing well. I know they are pissed that Huggins guaranteed a victory. I know that Kansas is capable of winning the national championship - hell, they were my preseason pick, and I'll still likely have them in the Final 4.
    I just honestly believe that Kansas State is an incredibly unheralded team right now, and they win this game to show they are a legitimate tournament team.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Also...that does not go down as a road victory against Florida. Its a neutral site for both squads. I like KState as well tonight and played them at +6.

milton50
    milton50's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Fran +6
    The Dons have played 17 basketball games on the road – and 15 have been against quality opponents. And though the 6-11 SU mark might seem a tad underachieving, it's the 8-7 ATS mark on the highway that has impressed me with this team.The Dons come in having won three straight, and with double revenge on the brain against the Gaels, who went into the Bay and beat San Fran in overtime back on Jan. 20. St. Mary's has lost four straight, both on the wood and at the window. St. Mary's is 11-5 SU at home, but is also a mediocre 6-6 ATS. Look for the road cover here.

Wisconsin-Green Bay +6
    Love the play. See the wisconsin-Green Bay forum for more info.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'd have been pretty happy if Huggin's would've just guaranteed his team would hit one more jumper