SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Lakers -7 vs Cavaliers

Lakers -7 vs Cavaliers

Game Time: 2/15/2007 10:30:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

Look for the Lakers to exact a little revenge on the Cavaliers tonight when Cleveland comes to Los Angeles.

The Lakers remain at home tonight off a one-point home loss to the Knicks on Tuesday, and LA has revenge on their minds from a nine-point loss suffered at Cleveland just four days ago.

Los Angeles (30-23) has lost their last four games, three of them on the road before Tuesday's 107-106 defeat at the hands of New York. The Lakers would really like to end that streak this evening in front of their home fans and go into the All-Star break on a winning note.

With the Cavs in off a hard fought one-point loss at Utah last night, look for Kobe to get the best of Lebron in the rematch tonight.

Play: Lakers -7

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's a lot of trust on revenge and fatigue angles, Marc.

Lakers at home haven't beaten a 6 pt spread since 1/05. They're out of sync since Odom's return and without Walton.

Lakers play to level of opposition; three of their last five home games went OT.

Losers of four straight, the Lakers are stumbling into the ASB. Meanwhile, Cleveland has been picking up momentum and almost beat a very strong UTA side last night.

I don't like Ilgauskas being out, but still leaning towards CLE +7. Game is nationally televised, and Lakers have a large following, so line could climb further (started at 5.5).

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    That's a lot of trust on revenge and fatigue angles, Marc.

Lakers at home haven't beaten a 6 pt spread since 1/05. They're out of sync since Odom's return and without Walton.

Lakers play to level of opposition; three of their last five home games went OT.

Losers of four straight, the Lakers are stumbling into the ASB. Meanwhile, Cleveland has been picking up momentum and almost beat a very strong UTA side last night.

I don't like Ilgauskas being out, but still leaning towards CLE +7. Game is nationally televised, and Lakers have a large following, so line could climb further (started at 5.5).
    very good analysis

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Going to be fading you here Marc. I like the Cavs, even with the big guy out.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only thing that scares me about the Cavs tonight, is the fact that Kobe circled this game on his calender. Instead of going with the side in this game i'm going with the over.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I went OVER as well at 194. Lakers allowing over 100 points per game at home, Cleveland defense not as good on the road as at home. I expect a totally different pace than last Sunday's match-up.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Lakers have been a bit out of sync recently, but they've played some tough teams, and their last game was the old "first game home off a long road trip" situation that causes so many teams to fall flat. I think they'll rebound well here, and love the value you get with a teaser, for all the reasons people point out about the Lakers being a bit blowout-shy.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    The only thing that scares me about the Cavs tonight, is the fact that Kobe circled this game on his calender. Instead of going with the side in this game i'm going with the over.
    why did he circle this game?

i had a slight lean on LA under 102 but dunno with it being on TNT

i am no play ATM

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe the quote from the LA times was. because of the last meeting they had against the Cavs last week.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went ahead and played the Lakers for a couple of units.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

James was King in this one. Scoring 38 and the Cavs get the win. Circle something else Kobe.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland killed LA in the paint tonight and got to the line alot, it was a pretty good performance.