jasont
    jasont's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

JT- NBA Picks

The NBA Season is upon us and it's time to start it off with a bang. I'll use this thread to track my progress. I'll try to post as much as possible, but there will be many times I wont be free to post picks (hence I won't count those picks).

My style is erratic. I may follow a certain bankroll mgt strategy, but there will be other times where you'll think I'm crazy. I encourage everyone to give advice and feedback throughout this thread, and let's make it a good year.

Starting Bank Roll- 100 units

Average bet sizes- will probably range from 1-7% - may have few larger ones throughout the year.

Bet types- straights, halfs, parlays, teasers- the whole deal.

I don't suggest anyone follow pick for pick, but discuss and make intelligent decisions with your own money. If you want to hate- please find another thread.

jasont

1 play for opening night

3 team teaser- 6 units to win 5
    Boston Celtics +11½ for Game
    Dallas Mavericks -1½ for Game
    Portland Trail Blazzers -2½ for Game

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love to see you kill 'em softly this season.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Will definitely have an eye on this thread. Thanks for posting Jason.

jasont

Thanks guys, feel free to post input at any time. Lets make some money!

jellobiafra

jason I'll be posting and watching your plays, but the NBA is not my best sport. I do keep close tabs on the Wizards though (being in their broadcast area) so I might be able to give some insights on them from time to time. I know you know your shit though so I'm down to make some money with you.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd replace Boston +11.5 with Denver +0.5. Why? Cavs/Celtic games in Cleveland tend to end in non-representative scorelines. I won't be surprised if the C's lose by more than 11 points. I think the C's will either win SU or lose by DD. Just my 2 cents

jellobiafra

My gut tells me CLE is going to take a little time to gel with Shaq added to the mix. I like the under more than anything in this one and I got it early at 187. Can't believe it opened as high as 193. It's down to 184.5 at some shops.

flynballer
    flynballer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you guys generally like spread or moneyline?

jellobiafra

Quote Originally Posted by flynballer View Post
    Do you guys generally like spread or moneyline?
    Speaking for myself, I usually just play the spread unless the juice is -140 or less on the money line. Occasionally I will parlay two heavier ML fav's to get a near even payout if I really like those teams to win of course.

jasont

On a game like tonight Celtics/ Cavs...I would sometimes put a little on the moneyline (celtics), but a little more on the spread, it all depends if the value is there. I only have the teaser tonight. Just a note, I'll be going against the Cavs a lot this season, atleast until I see their offense click.

jasont

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    I'd replace Boston +11.5 with Denver +0.5. Why? Cavs/Celtic games in Cleveland tend to end in non-representative scorelines. I won't be surprised if the C's lose by more than 11 points. I think the C's will either win SU or lose by DD. Just my 2 cents
    The main reason I have the Celtics is their bench. The Cavs will suffer when LBJ is not on the floor, and for that reason this should be a close game much of the way. I cannot see a Celtics team getting blown out on opening day, especially with that group of vets.

jasont

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    jason I'll be posting and watching your plays, but the NBA is not my best sport. I do keep close tabs on the Wizards though (being in their broadcast area) so I might be able to give some insights on them from time to time. I know you know your shit though so I'm down to make some money with you.
    The Wizards look good on paper, then again, they have in the past. Jamison is the heart of that team- and without him- I can't see them hanging with Nowitzki tonight.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9605

cleveland will be an average team until they trade their 1st round pick for chris bosh at deadline,wath it happen

jasont

Bosh is the PERFECT fit for the Cavs. Not sure if a late first rounder would get him though- then again, the Raptors will probably lose him for nothing.

skywalker95
    skywalker95's Avatar Become A Pro!

what do you guys think about the Lakers down to -4 on a 7pt tease. love the Mavs and Celts picks jasont. but rather go with the Lakers than the Blazers tonight though.

jasont

Quote Originally Posted by skywalker95 View Post
    what do you guys think about the Lakers down to -4 on a 7pt tease. love the Mavs and Celts picks jasont. but rather go with the Lakers than the Blazers tonight though.
    I like the Lakers, but I don't like the big men on the bench- as Odom will probably start tonight. Vegas truly believes Portland will hammer the Rockets tonight, I wasn't as certain, hence I teased it. Should be an interesting first night. The only reason my wager is risking 6 units is because I've been on a nice streak in football recently- playing the rush. GL ALL- might add plays later.

flynballer

when you guys decide on a pick, what kind of research do you do? and thanks for the replies earlier!

jasont

when you guys decide on a pick, what kind of research do you do? and thanks for the replies earlier!
    For me personally its all about the match ups and line movements. A tip- If you're discipline enough (I'm not), wait for the second half line- usually its soft and easy to read. GL to you, feel free to share your plays.

jasont

3 unit bonus I received- Celtics ML +170 to win 5.1 units. Too much value for me to pass up for a freeplay.

jasont

2 team teaser

East Carolina pk
    Lakers -6.5
    2 units to win 1.81

jasont

2nd half Rockets +1 +105

Risk 3 units to win 3.15

Mybologne
    YUMMY!!!
    Mybologne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

lines alittle low for 2h

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

Quote Originally Posted by Mybologne View Post
    lines alittle low for 2h
    what low??? Under/over or spread???

Mybologne
    YUMMY!!!
    Mybologne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

spread

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

Quote Originally Posted by Mybologne View Post
    spread
    houston +1.5 is a play here

jellobiafra

Jason, sorry you lost money on DAL (I did too on a ML parlay), but man the Wizards looked good. They're not going to get that kind of outing from Blatche every night, but Jamison will be getting a lot of those points anyway. They have soooo many weapons. I was giddy watching them bury shots from all over the place. And seeing Gil back busting people in the face and driving chest first to the hoop again... it felt good.

jasont

Yea Jellobiafra, Washington looked impressive tonight and Dallas had no answer for those guards. Washington is the 4th-5th best team in the East and are pretty deep. I risked too much on a day 1 teaser, but did well on all my other pics so I should be up a bit after day 1.

3team teaser 0-1 -6 units
    Straight ML's 1-0 +5.1 units
    Straight halves 1-0 +3.15 units
    Overall= +2.25 units

1 wager pending.

ON TO TOMORROW FELLAS...WHO DO YOU GUYS LIKE?
    Open - 2 team teaser

jellobiafra

I kinda like the Nets to win in MINN. Maybe NO catching 9 in SA.

flynballer

i like the orlando -8.5 a lot
    orlando is the better team, and they are on a hot streak right now, beating teams by double digits for the past 4 out of 5 games

jellobiafra

ORL is looking good, but something about opening night scares me away from these larger spreads. Look at last night where you had the Wizards and Celtics winning easily SU as dogs. We also saw the depleted Clippers and the Rockets cover. All road dogs covered. I'm not comfortable laying 8 or 9 tonight on anybody, but I will fade the Twolves and take NJ on the money line. And I'm seriously considering NO now at + 9.5.

jasont

3team teaser 0-1 -6 units
    Straight ML's 1-0 +5.1 units
    Straight halves 1-0 +3.15 units
    2 team teaser 1-0 +1.81
    Overall= +4.06 units

Guys, I love the plays. I may tease NO to around 15-17 and Orlando (MY TEAM) around the pick em' area. The only thing I fear in these games is NO has very little offense from the 2-3-5 spots and Parker can counter Paul with his speed. As far as Orlando, Philly always play them tough, and this game may be closer than I want it to be. Jello, that NJ pick was my best play on the board today, didn't post it because the ML's for my book haven't come out yet. I'll be sure to update my picks and post official plays later. Lets get this money!

jellobiafra

Jason you better get the Nets fast. Line is moving quick. It's moved 4 points in a couple hours. They are now 2 point favs almost everywhere I see.

jasont

Ye, I just jumped on the Nets- you have a great ML price- I wouldve taken something similar if my book had it out (time to change back to the big books). Anyways, I bought half pt

1st play to tonight.
    Nets -1 -118 to win 5 units

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7345

i like the orlando -8.5 a lot
    orlando is the better team, and they are on a hot streak right now, beating teams by double digits for the past 4 out of 5 games

Isnt tonite the first game?

123 Last