SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Grab Grizzlies versus Rockets

Grab Grizzlies and points versus Rockets

Game Time: 2/6/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    http://www.playbook.com

Let's face it, the Memphis Grizzlies are having a season to forget. They're winning just one in four to currently sport the NBA's worst record, and changing coaches hasn't even helped them. But they have been profitable against the spread lately, and they're getting points at home tonight versus the hot-&-cold Houston Rockets.

The Grizzlies return home off a 6-point home loss knowing they are 17-8-1 against the spread in this series against Houston when the Rockets are off a win.

Memphis (12-36) is having a forgettable season and simply cannot win on the road as evident by their 3-20 record away from the River City. Though they are just 9-16 at home, not exactly a stat to hold a parade over, the Grizzlies are a better team on their home wood. Tonight's contest with Houston closes out a 5-game homestand for Memphis, and they'd like to end it on a high note.

The Grizzlies are just 1-3 straight up on the stand, but covered the spread in the three lined games on the homestand, and have covered their last five lined games dating back to an overtime road win at Utah on Jan 24 as double-digit dogs.

Houton (30-17), though not as exagerrated as Memphis' road woes, is also a different team away from the Bayou City. The Rockets just finished their 5-game homestand last night with a crushing 105-77 win over Minnesota. Now Houston faces a quick travel date up to Memphis and will be playing their third game in four days.

With Houston in off a 28-point home blowout revenge win last night, look for Memphis to pull the rug on the Rockets tonight.

Play: Grizzlies +4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like the Grizzlies tonight. Only I like them +2 in the first half of the game.

I just can take Memphis for the full game, because they just don't know how to close out a game to win it down the stretch.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I could play this is Houston -3.5, but I will probablly end up passing.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

I agree with the play Marc, and will be playing the Grizzlies tonight. I just hope I don't get burnt twice in a row by Houston.

Looking for everyone to jump on Houston after their big win last night.

GLopez
    GLopez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I like the Under 208 line here...anyone agrees?