LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Basketball Parlay of the Day - Friday, 2/02/07

Post your 2 best basketball plays each day, NBA and CBB full-game Sides & Totals allowed only, no halves. Same game Side/Total parlays are ok.

All parlays will be graded as 10.00 to win 26.00, and I will do the standings for the month of February at least.

The Catch: You must have SOME ANALYSIS for each play. Only needs to be one sentence, no big deal, although full paragraphs are ok too. Plays submitted with no analysis will NOT COUNT toward standings.

LT Profits

NEW JERSEY NETS +3: The Nets have been an absolute cash cow lately, going 14-3 ATS in their last 17 games overall and 9-1 ATS the last 10 times that they have been an underdog! They are also 4-0 SU in the last four head-to-head meetings with the Magic including a handy 11-point win the last time these clubs met here in Orlando. The favored Magic are heading in the opposite direction, going 2-8 SU in the last 10 games.

BUCKS/PISTONS UNDER 192: The Pistons are playing their usually stiff defense here at home this season, allowing just 92.9 points per game on 43.3 percent shooting from the floor. They should have no problem containing a Milwaukee offense that is still without Michael Redd, and which managed just 73 points at Orlando on Wednesday. Detroit has not exactly lit up the scoreboard offensively at home this year either, shooting just 44.2 percent from the field.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 02-02-07 at 11:04 AM.

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Orlando -3.5: The Magic are at home looking for revenge against the nets for their loss @ NJ two weeks ago. Orlando is coming off an easy home win and should have no trouble with a Nets team that got blown out at home on wednesday.

Denver - 9.5: The nuggets should get back on track here and should be motivated after losing @ Portland on wednesday. Iverson is questionable, but I expect him to play.

LT Profits

Guys,

Should I ditch this idea or is the reason for the non-participation today simply because there are tenfold more CBB gurus here than NBA? Hopefully we will see at least 10 entrants on Saturday.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    Guys,

Should I ditch this idea or is the reason for the non-participation today simply because there are tenfold more CBB gurus here than NBA? Hopefully we will see at least 10 entrants on Saturday.
    Yeah, I know basically nothing about the NBA and I'm sure a lot of others are the same way.

LT Profits

Razz,

Your NBA ignorance is noted.

But seriously, thanks for the reply. Hopefully this thread will be busy on Saturday then.

DarkProdigy
    DarkProdigy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ehhh, fine...i'll do this...why not!

Los Angeles Lakers +3 -
    Why? Sheer thinking that Kobe will make up for such a lame one-game suspension.

Chicago Bulls -2 -
    Why? I like the bulls...hopefully that a good reason?! LOL

LT Profits

DarkProdigy,

Your Kobe going off reasoning is fine.

But surely you must have SOME reason for liking the Bulls?

Not busting balls, just that the point of this thread is to show that we know what we are talking about and are not just throwing darts. It is ok if you don't reply tonight, I will count your Bulls play. Just keep it in mind for the future.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Maybe add that Big Ben is back in the line up?

DarkProdigy
    DarkProdigy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Maybe add that Big Ben is back in the line up?
    Thats food for thought if he plays!

Personally, i just like the bulls...i really cant say much based on the trends since its basically against them...
    Lets see...
    Chicago is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
    Chicago is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
    Chicago is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Seattle
    Chicago is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Seattle

but hey...trends are meant to get broken sometime...and i strongly believe in the only positive trend going for this matchup...
    Chicago is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Seattle

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits
    Guys,

I was just away from the computer most of the afternoon.
    But count me in -- seems like a great idea.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Yeah, I know basically nothing about the NBA and I'm sure a lot of others are the same way.
    ditto.

LT Profits

Code:
    STANDINGS 
    Name            W       L       W/P     Units
    Razz		1	0	0	26
    DarkProdigy	0	1	0	-10
    durito		0	1	0	-10
    EaglesPhan36	0	1	0	-10
    freeneasy	0	1	0	-10
    Hulu		0	1	0	-10
    LT Profits	0	2	0	-20

GAME-BY-GAME 
    Name            W       L       P        Pct
    Razz		2	0	0	100.0%
    LT Profits	2	2	0	50.0%
    DarkProdigy	1	1	0	50.0%
    durito		1	1	0	50.0%
    EaglesPhan36	1	1	0	50.0%
    Hulu		1	1	0	50.0%
    freeneasy	0	2	0	0.0%
    Last edited by LT Profits; 02-03-07 at 04:32 AM.