Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

How can Michael Beasley be this stupid???

Suns' Michael Beasley arrested
    Updated: August 6, 2013, 3:54 PM ET
    Associated Press

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Forward Michael Beasley, who vowed when he joined the Phoenix Suns a year ago that his marijuana problems were in the past, has been arrested by Scottsdale police after they found what they believe to be marijuana in his car.

Beasley was arrested early Tuesday following a traffic stop, according to Officer David Pubins.

An officer found three cigarettes suspected to contain marijuana in Beasley's Mercedes after smelling marijuana during the stop, Pubins said.

Beasley was released after being cited for investigation of one felony count each of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to Pubins, court proceedings in the case will begin once results of lab tests are available.

Beasley, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft by Miami out of Kansas State in 2008, signed a three-year, $18 million contract with the Suns a year ago. But he went on to have a disappointing, inconsistent season, averaging career lows of 10.1 points and 3.8 rebounds in 75 games as Phoenix compiled the worst record in the Western Conference and second-worst in franchise history. He shot 40.5 percent from the field, also a career worst.

Marijuana issues followed Beasley to Arizona.

In June 2011, Beasley was ticketed for possessing marijuana and speeding in a Minneapolis suburb. He also has acknowledged that while playing for Miami, he twice violated the NBA's drug policy and entered a treatment facility in 2009.

At a news conference following his signing with the Suns, Beasley pointedly said he was through with marijuana.

"I realize 10 minutes of feeling good is not really worth putting my life and my career and my legacy in jeopardy," he said then, "so I'm confident to say that that part of my career, that part of my life, is over and won't be coming back."

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

On one hand, it's fukkin' Weed. On the other hand, he is currently being employed in the dumbshit state of Arizona.

Guy should have known better, I guess.

Most likely, his biggest mistake was allowing cops access.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    On one hand, it's fukkin' Weed. On the other hand, he is currently being employed in the dumbshit state of Arizona.

Guy should have known better, I guess.

Most likely, his biggest mistake was allowing cops access.
    I agree it's a joke to get caught with weed, but if you're livelihood depended on it......wait till you go home and smoke. How hard is that??

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I agree it's a joke to get caught with weed, but if you're livelihood depended on it......wait till you go home and smoke. How hard is that??
    It's not. Especially considering he has access to the chronic of chronic.

Bong rip before you leave the house would last a while.

Maybe roll a joint for the road, easy enough to lose.

Suns wanted to part ways with this schmuck for a while anyway. It's not like this is a reason to get rid of him. His shit basketball ability is the reason to get rid of him.

This just gives the Suns a public out.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

do you have to ask such a silly question?

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Arizona is a money scam...they target people for the sole purpose of prison for profit schemes....Beasely is a high profile target...its all BS...yes he has behavioral problems...but smoking weed is not one of them....should be legal anyway...

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

police in that area are the worst. i got taken down to the station and booked over night once under suspected dui. I was stone cold sober with nothing in my system. I offered to take the breathalyzer to clear things up and officer declined and wanted to bring me to station to take blood for other drugs. What a hassle. I got out the next day round 4pm after sitting in a fuckin cell since 2am. That was the last ive heard of them and that happened 2 years ago....

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Millionaire driving a Benz doing what he wants. I respect that, he's doing well.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

In 5 years he'll be done playing and he'll be in jail with all his boys.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

He was guilty of DWB... Driving While Black.

What the fukkk? Felony for a joint? Our civil liberties are fukkd and we don't even know it. Asinine...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Suns' Michael Beasley arrested
    Updated: August 6, 2013, 3:54 PM ET
    Associated Press

Beasley was released after being cited for investigation of one felony count each of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post

do you have to ask such a silly question?

This looks to me like a guy that's been having fun for about 4 days straight...

Nothing wrong with that...

Not a worry in the world...

Most dream to reach this stage in life, and never make it...

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

brotha needs to get the hell outta Arizona ... I drive all over LA with weed in my car but I'd know better than to do that shit in Scottsdale . I've been to Scottsdale dwb+ weed+ doo rag. You gotta know where you are at all times even if you are famous and a millionare still black in scottsdale

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

just play for the nuggets and all problems are solved .............

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

simple marijuana posession for 3 joints is a felony in arizona? that is rediculous. it should be decriminalized. alcohol is worse than marijuana. you can overdose on alcohol (drink too much and you can literally DIE) whereas you cannot overdose and die on marijuana, alcohol severely inhibits ability to drive and kills tons of people in accidents, alcohol makes people violent whereas marijuana makes people laugh and eat junk food, alcohol has serious health effects too and kills people (causes cirrhosis, stomache cancer, etc. - my grandparents died in 50s from stomache and liver problems from drinking), alcohol is physically addicting and gives people severe physical withdrawal (people die from withdrawal alone on alcohol), whereas marijuana is not physically addicting (they say it is mentally addicting because people want it but it isnt physically addicting. you dont get withdrawal). Alcohol is way worse of a drug than marijuana. why is marijuana a felony, and alcohol legal?

i think it makes no sense to make the more dangerous drug (alcohol) perfectly legal, and the less dangerous drug (marijuana) a felony.

a felony is a serious charge and disqualifies you from pretty much all jobs. you cant get a job in banking with that. It is a MANDATORY rejection on license application from FINRA if you have a felony in the last 10 years (they can still reject you after that, but felonies within last 10 years are mandatory rejection from you being financial planner, advisor, agent, etc.). I understand making distributing a felony... but possessing 1 joint is a felony? i think that is too harsh... especially since alcohol is perfectly legal. alcohol is 10X worse than marijuana. you make the much safer drug a felony and the more dangerous drug legal? that makes no sense. posessing a marijuana joint shouldn't send you to prison.

it costs the state 40,000 a year to incarcerate people. its a waste of money for the states to be spending millions and billions of dollars to lock up people for simple posession of marijuana . they could do better things with that $ (like helping the poor, better schools, roads, or just cutting taxes with the $ saved to stimulate economy and get businesses to start hiring to create jobs and put people back to work). making simple marijuana posession of a couple joints a felony is rediculous. i understand if someone is trafficking or distributing... but simple possession of 3 joints is a felony? thats rediculous.
    Last edited by hockey216; 08-07-13 at 07:15 PM.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    simple marijuana posession for 3 joints is a felony in arizona? that is rediculous. it should be decriminalized. alcohol is worse than marijuana. you can overdose on alcohol (drink too much and you can literally DIE) whereas you cannot overdose and die on marijuana, alcohol severely inhibits ability to drive and kills tons of people in accidents, alcohol makes people violent whereas marijuana makes people laugh and eat junk food, alcohol has serious health effects too and kills people (causes cirrhosis, stomache cancer, etc. - my grandparents died in 50s from stomache and liver problems from drinking), alcohol is physically addicting and gives people severe physical withdrawal (people die from withdrawal alone on alcohol), whereas marijuana is not physically addicting (they say it is mentally addicting because people want it but it isnt physically addicting. you dont get withdrawal). Alcohol is way worse of a drug than marijuana. why is marijuana a felony, and alcohol legal?

i think it makes no sense to make the more dangerous drug (alcohol) perfectly legal, and the less dangerous drug (marijuana) a felony.

a felony is a serious charge and disqualifies you from pretty much all jobs. you cant get a job in banking with that. It is a MANDATORY rejection on license application from FINRA if you have a felony in the last 10 years (they can still reject you after that, but felonies within last 10 years are mandatory rejection from you being financial planner, advisor, agent, etc.). I understand making distributing a felony... but possessing 1 joint is a felony? i think that is too harsh... especially since alcohol is perfectly legal. alcohol is 10X worse than marijuana. you make the much safer drug a felony and the more dangerous drug legal? that makes no sense. posessing a marijuana joint shouldn't send you to prison.

it costs the state 40,000 a year to incarcerate people. its a waste of money for the states to be spending millions and billions of dollars to lock up people for simple posession of marijuana . they could do better things with that $ (like helping the poor, better schools, roads, or just cutting taxes with the $ saved to stimulate economy and get businesses to start hiring to create jobs and put people back to work). making simple marijuana posession of a couple joints a felony is rediculous. i understand if someone is trafficking or distributing... but simple possession of 3 joints is a felony? thats rediculous.
    It's not ridiculous, when that charge funds the pockets of our 'brave and heroic' officers. It's a jobs thing only. Crime, and the criminal justice system is the economic driver of this state.

To decriminalize marijuana, means putting thousands and thousands of cops out of work.

It's not about what the right thing to do is, and hasn't been about that for ages in this country. It's always about what is more profitable, and without a doubt - the prison system is very profitable in the state of Arizona. Our entire legislature is as dependant on prison funds, as Texan legislators are on Big Oil.

One deals in a precious natural resource. The other doesn't.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

lakers should sign him.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

whats more stupid is that weed is a felony. wtf

I dont give a shit if an athlete smokes weed. Who cares. I would too.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

When Latrell Sprewell played for the T-Pups a friend of mine worked as a valet at popular bar downtown where some of the Wolves boys would go and pick up (normally white) women. Spree, not shockingly, always had a number of roaches in his ashtray, to which my buddy would take the few and later roll a nice J. Spree smoked some pretty good green back in the day.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

hmm how is marijuana a felony?

its a misdemeanor normally.

And who the fukk cares its only weed...

atleast its not liqour or something worse

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Dam just smoke it at the crib

And always have someone DRIVING YOU FOR FUKKSAKES!

Dam they get paid to take the blame...

Idiots

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Dam just smoke it at the crib

And always have someone DRIVING YOU FOR FUKKSAKES!

Dam they get paid to take the blame...

Idiots
    It's amazing what fuk-ups some people are. I know the NFL has something in place where if you need a ride, anytime, call a number and a car service will pick you up. No issues. On the NFL's dime.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Glad i live by the bay. Best nugs on planet

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    Glad i live by the bay. Best nugs on planet
    I like the shit up in Oregon a lot better, but Nor Cal is legit.

Basically like comparing a Redbreast 12 to a Bushmills 16. Both are miles better than most anything else out there.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I get Redbreast 12 for about $40

Bushmills 16 for about $60

Solid investment

Now I just need one of those ice cubes

ChalkyDog

I get Redbreast 12 for about $40

Bushmills 16 for about $60

Solid investment

Now I just need one of those ice cubes
    If you can find Powers 12 y/o - I recommend that over basically anything for the price.

Powers gold label is readily available, puts Irish Whiskeys like Jameson to shame.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

I'm going down the street to a weed shop and get some mars og and have a great night sleep.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I can't hate on Jameson, drink that all the time

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    hmm how is marijuana a felony?

its a misdemeanor normally.

And who the fukk cares its only weed...

atleast its not liqour or something worse
    In Arizona possession of marijuana not for sale is on the books as a Class 6 Felony (the least serious class of felony) but in reality can be charged as a felony or misdemeanor at the discretion of the state. When it is possession of a small amount for personal use, it is almost always charged as a misdemeanor. He may have gotten initially charged as a felony by the cops who wrote up the complaint, but if it is just him rolling around in his car with a couple joints it will likely get dropped to a misdemeanor.

Source: I'm a lawyer in Arizona

ChalkyDog

I can't hate on Jameson, drink that all the time
    Same, just killed my last bottle, and have everyday whiskey on the brain.

Thinking of going to powers, but the gold label is all that is readily available.

Such is the life of an American with strong irish/scottish heritage.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Im smoking girl scout cookies. U aint gettin that outside the bay. I only smoke exotic

ChalkyDog

Im smoking girl scout cookies. U aint gettin that outside the bay. I only smoke exotic
    Depends on the size of the grow.

Most herb grown in the bay, does not stay in the bay.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

My problem is once I open the bottle, I'm not stopping till its gone or atleast close to it

No such thing as a few after work cocktails for me

Then Get in the mood for blow

now its 3 days later all of a sudden

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    Depends on the size of the grow.

Most herb grown in the bay, does not stay in the bay.
    The AAA+ goes back east for 7k+ an elbow

ChalkyDog

The AAA+ goes back east for 7k+ an elbow
    If they're lucky.

The east is mainly covered in non-bricked mexican being sold as Cali grown shit.

12 Last